• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone auto dodging when reflecting on reaction

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Sometimes when I try to reflect anything on reaction fox auto sidesteps so if they follow up with a second projectile (like samus can) I always get hit by the second shot.

Is there a trick I'm missing or is this just a nerf. I do know that you could do it in brawl but even if you reflected in brawl it didn't auto sidestep if you did it on reaction. You'd have to input the motion again.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I've been noticing this too, I'm thinking it's a bug the move causes when you instantly reflect something.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
theres some other weird stuff in the game like that, like when you roll one way and then at the end of the roll your character rolls back in the other direction even though you didnt input a roll, or if you do a running grab holding only one direction and for some reason your character does a pivot grab.

the problem with the reflector could be something to do with buffering maybe?

.DoT

Smash Rookie
The side step only happens when you activate the shine just as you reflect a projectile (if you keep it out longer then it will be fine to cancel into a jump or whatever you want). Solution: jump + shine to avoid side stepping nonsense.

Top Bottom