• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody have experience with Ventrilo or Teamspeak?

SullyHasAGun

Smash Rookie
I really do think that would be a great way to get Smashboards members together. Might be a bit easier to manipulate then SWF. It is only a suggestion. Would anyone be interested in trying to do something like that? It'd be great to have competitive "house" rules. So everyone was on the same page, and it aid in rapid matches. Also the possibility of voice is communication is there.

Sully

SullyHasAGun

Smash Rookie
Vent is much better, but I'd use either. Point is - who'd be interested in a Smashboards vent server? If you are, I'd like to know. I think it could be pretty easily arranged to be set up if people are interested. If there is no interest there is no point in investing the capital. (Granted, that isn't much)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Who's going to pay for it, run it, and admin it? SWF can barely manage keeping the forum servers up as it is.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
vent ftw, ts ftw. but do I really want to have 32094830943 people arguing at the same time? I mean there can be different channels and whatever, but whats really the point?

SullyHasAGun

Smash Rookie
Ultimately - It was for speculations sake. I thought maybe someone would be interested. As to a million people arguing... I figure if most people know what a PTT key is, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad. There is a certain etiquette to it...

I don't know. I am just trying to find ways around the lame online setup. So far, the best thing I've seen is SWF. Which is definitely not the most convenient. I thought the possibility of adding some sort of Vent would allow for easier communication when trying to match up.

*shrug*

Not seeing the interest though.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Ventrilo is the better program for a larger body of steady users, such as for any clan game like WoW.

Teamspeak is the better program for you and a couple of friends who don't need a vent server hosted 24/7 for dozens of people.

I highly recommend the use of a chat client like these programs, or maybe even Skype. I use Ventrilo with my friends who I play on WiFi with.

I highly discourage any sort of centralized server for all brawl players, as that would be utter chaos & a huge, costly, time-consuming demand for the hosts.

So yes, I would suggest using a chat program, on your own with your friends.

gunbladexx

Smash Rookie
Thank God...people Who Play Using Voice Chat

THANK god...i have been looking all over the internet for people who use either ventrilo or teamspeak....phew...anyway guys...check it out....2 things...if you guys already have a server for either teamspeak or vent go ahead and give me the server info and i will join your guys almost instantly for some awesome smash games....also just to make sure that i get the message...cause i REALLY WANT to play using some kind of voice chat and it seems like you guys are the only ones on the whole internet that use voice chat...please reply as well as send an email to gunbladex745@gmail.com or my youtube account which is the same just gunbladex745....please please please please...add me...I need some people to talk to on smash...thanks guys

friend code: 3265-6505-4148 nickname Z

go ahead and send me a pm please with your info...if you already have a server with vent to ts please hook me up with info as well...thanks guys...THE SEARCH IS FINALLY OVER...good...cause i could use a snapple... :)

supersmashbc

Smash Rookie
Super Smash BC is a smaller community that has its own teamspeak server. It is always up and available for anyone to use. We are even going to start having teamspeak nights once a week when several people will be on. We will have it broken down into rooms so it isn't all choas. You are more that welcome to come to SuperSmashBC.com and check out the info (teamspeak server info is in the announcements). You can get the info without signing up, and you don't have to be a member there to use it. You can get a group from here together and use it if you wish. It isn't the same as an Xbox Live voice chat, but it does that job.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Ultimately - It was for speculations sake. I thought maybe someone would be interested. As to a million people arguing... I figure if most people know what a PTT key is, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad. There is a certain etiquette to it...

I don't know. I am just trying to find ways around the lame online setup. So far, the best thing I've seen is SWF. Which is definitely not the most convenient. I thought the possibility of adding some sort of Vent would allow for easier communication when trying to match up.

*shrug*

Not seeing the interest though.
best ive seen is probably allisbrawl.com then Wifiwars.com
FF doesnt really compete..unless you are looking for a specific person on theese boards (aka the guy who flamed you?)

supersmashbc

Smash Rookie
Super Smash BC is having TS nights every Wednesday evening/night now. You don't have to be a member there to come, you can just get on TS and join us. Everyone is welcome. The TS server is:

ts7.light-speed.com:8945

There is no password

To download teamspeak go to http://goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads. If you have any questions on how to use it just ask. For a guide on how to connect to our server visit http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=tutorial_a

Top Bottom