• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody else suffering from For Glory input lag?

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
Every time I play For Glory I get some input lag. Even when my Wii U/3DS is right next to my modem. I don't understand why it happens.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Nearly every match has small input lag making me lose matches I shouldn't have and making me fail recoveries that I have to aim or control. It's frustrating and I know its not my internet because online in other games are fine for me.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
I have a full second of input lag. I literally CANNOT play FG with that crap.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's the main reason why I stopped playing For Glory. I once played it on the 3DS version while sitting next to my router and the lag still gets in the way.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Playing offline tournaments as often as I do, switching back to FG even with really good internet is still not a great experience. Every frame counts. I'll play FG every now and again when I'm bored but I use it basically as a for-fun mode since I don't like for fun mode. That said, I've played plenty of matches that I would've preferred playing offline. I faced a really good Sheik and also a really good Samus today, in fact, that I wish I could've faced offline but, alas, it was not possible.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I have a full second of input lag. I literally CANNOT play FG with that crap.
I have the same issue in online matches with random people about a quarter of the time. Until Nintendo ever implements regional settings a la Mario Kart 8, my only online play with this version of Smash is with friends, which is rare itself. The speed of light around the world is simply too slow for a fighting game. Thankfully I get enough enjoyment out of the solo modes of Smash, which is where I spend 95% of my time in this game, always trying to improve scores.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I kinda wish there was a smash community close by where I live. I just graduated from college where we had a smash bros club that met every single Thursday and I could play offline with talented people. Now I'm just far enough away from that community that it's really inconvenient for me to go so I'm stuck without a community to play offline with. Tried playing FG in the past few days and I just can't. The input lag is less than 1/4 of a second but it's enough to throw off everything and this is unbearable.

Incomming 336

Smash Rookie
Looks like there was a lot less lag when the game was new. I mean look at the date of the other posts.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Not really, it's about the same. A lot of people have been looking at the different threads on how to improve the router settings, check internet speeds and such which helps fix issues they were having. What has been discovered on most 'I need help with internet' threads is that something was misconfigured/interrupting on their end (whether router, service provider, interference, wireless limiting protocals, etc.) that was causing the problems. With everything in ideal shape, the smash experience where most people have good experiences except in For Fun (Where the odds of having someone with a bad connection triples) is the norm.

Yojimbosan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yojimbosan
I could play other games pretty well like Destiny or Soul Caliber without a lot of lag. Big Team deathmatches would have the most instances of lag. It was kinda a bummer at times but understandable.

But For Glory is so frustrating. Doesn't matter what time of day it is for me but I always get input lag. My recoveries turn to absolute garbage or I can never even face the right way to attack.
Sorry to whine but it's just ... ya know, being denied something you want thats broken that you can't really fix.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Pretty much anyone in these named areas without a doubt lag for me every time:

Califorina, Florida, Texas, Canada, New York, MaryLand, Japan, Italy, Mexico.

I'd say France but some times I face people with decent connections from there.

Exact same lag that OP explains is the type of lag I get. You can press Shield 3 times and it will dodge once. You Press to dash, they run right off the edge. Meh..

I just stick to practicing Locally and avoid Online as much as possible.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but mostly with players out of my region. Input lag is my most hated type of lag.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I have a question that someone here may know the answer to:

When someone has input lag is it a sign that their internet is too slow, or their opponent's?

One of my friends tends to get input lag playing against me but I don't get as much lag on my end. If that means my internet is problematic, I'm willing to look into upgrading it. I'd say it's just our distance apart, except for it being one-sided.

That same friend was using wifi, so I was wondering if it could be packet loss on his end instead of a problem on mine.

Last edited:

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
It's somewhat of a rare occurrence for me, whether or not how strong my connection is. Whenever it hits, it took roughly a second for either me or my foe to react. It baffles me why it happens, cause my next match ends up mostly well with no delay at all.

*Shrugs in confusion*

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The most frustrating thing about it is that it just seems to be on my end. My enemies combo'd with Ryu like it was no ones business. I couldn't even defeat one of those typical projectile and dodge-spam Links even after going Palutena and trying to counter every damn projectile he threw my way... (At least I beat him once with Lucina in the first match e.e)

Oh well, maybe the WLAN-Repeater I'll get in a few mins will help out...

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I occasionally get input lag, but fortunately it is pretty rare. From my experience, if there is input lag in one match, it is most likely going to lag(either input or regular) in the next match, so I usually just leave when it happens.

I also notice that the lag for me is worse around certain times of the day. For example, if I play around 10:30-11:00 PM, the lag will very likely become unbearable. I don't know why, but my home wifi almost always acts up around that time.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
More often than not (about 70% of the time.) I end up running off 0 FPS in For Glory. For about 15 seconds anyway, until it decides to skip forward.

In the 3DS version anyway.

Last edited:

Migster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4417-4697
I hate it when I get apparently one-sided input lag while playing on Smash Ladder and then I end up losing the whole game because my dodge didn't happen at the time I wanted it to.

MehGames

Smash Rookie
It's most likely a problem on Nintendo's part, since I have superb internet, whether it is wired or wireless, and yet I lag whenever I go online on smash. And it's quite saddening, especially when you're playing someone like Palutena, and despite you pushing up when using up-b, she decides to go sideways away from the stage ledge. Reacting online is near impossible.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Delayed inputs are rarely an issue. If anything, sometimes it just stops for a second, then resumes.
Or maybe I'm just very accustomed to playing in lag. A friend once called me a "WiFi-Warrior".

My internet is certainly not the best out there, but it rarely gives me a lot of trouble.

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
you guys should post your upload and download speeds and check your connection to see if theres any packet loss at all.

I have like 40 download and 6 upload and I get almost no lag
How do you check for / fix packet loss. My connection is decent (most times no real lag) but it could certainly be crisper at times for b reverses, RAR's, short hop aerials and general mobility. Intermediate and up players suffer on for glory because lag lets noobs read mixs up and spam roll. Honestly input lag is just par for the course and FG will never be as good as local play. The lil macs are taking our game from us. *tear*

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Yep. Almost every single match. Just gave three players a free win because I auto SD when the connection or input lag is too bad to play. It pisses me off really bad also. I don't understand how people can play For Glory every day... it kills my nerves and I hate that it does.

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
From doing some research - it seems like certain TVs can cause input lag. I had a post complaining about how I always seem to get beat when I go to hit the opponent at the exact same time as they go to hit me, and this is probably due to having a ****ty Wal-Mart Black Friday HDTV rather than a good one. We have a better/smaller TV in a different room, am going to try that to see if it reduces the input lag.

Last edited:

OniLink97

Smash Cadet
NNID
0niLink97
its getting 2 the point where i cant play fg anymore, i know that there's delay and it makes me mad to see my opponent switch to my main and beat me cause of it and they taunt just to annoy the hell out of me, they weren't even that good, if there wasn't a delay i know id win those matches.

Main: :4darkpit::4pit:
Secondary: :4littlemac:
Learning: :4robinf::4mario:

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Lag is the reason why I usually don't like playing for glory for a day, or something because of input lag. I actually play 3ds because my Wii U ALWAYS has input lag.

Ryoku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryoku926
I don't understand how a lot of you claim not to have any input lag. There has always been input lag for me and I have my Wii U connected through an ethernet adapter. Sure, there isn't much network lag, but input lag is noticeable from the practice mode right before. It's what keeps me from practicing on For Glory mode altogether.

In a local match, I'd be able to react to most things that either kill me or punish me easily in For Glory.

EDIT: Not to mention the innumerable amount of "misclicks" that cost me so much in every game.

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Some days Its fine and others its ****e

I got ***** by a spamming link match where I had input lag because it was from America to Iraq (pretty far)

He was litterally the "cant touch this" Link guy some people talk about

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
My imput lag varies from 1/5 to 1/2 of a second, its horrible but thats probably because I live far off in canada and the game probably sees fit to connect me to mexico or something :<

Although for glory is bad for practising for a tournament, it forcefully gets its users to adapt to their opponents and the situation because of the lag.

I knew a sheik who perfect pivoted into Ftilt combos like a madman, mastered wavebouncing and optimised his combos, the guy could framecount a move by just looking at it. Despite that, he was made quick work of in a tournament because he couldn't adapt for ****.

LumenTheFantastiXx

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicsmashfan991
The slight input lag in for glory mode is so frustrating. Unless you're mashing, your moves aren't gonna come out exactly when you press them, so if you play by reacting to what your opponent does, you're screwed. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to shield on reaction for it to not come out and get sent flying off the stage. Or I tried to up B to get to grab the ledge and it didn't come and I fall to my death. Sigh.
I have the same problem

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I find I only get input lag IF there's anything plugged into my routers Ethernet ports; unplug the lot, and the 3DS input lag magically vanishes... unless the problem's on the other person's end of course.

Probably a sign I need to ditch the POS netgear I have to use... :grin:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Yeah it really hinders my secondaries Fox and Marth

ZSS and Corrin are my best options for Online Play because I can be dominant

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it really hinders my secondaries Fox and Marth

ZSS and Corrin are my best options for Online Play because I can be dominant
Quick question to all; who here's using the gamepad?
If you're not, and it's broadcasting your TV, TURN IT OFF by tapping the touchscreen. That WILL cause lag if it stays on, even offline!

Top Bottom