• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody else suffering from For Glory input lag?

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
The slight input lag in for glory mode is so frustrating. Unless you're mashing, your moves aren't gonna come out exactly when you press them, so if you play by reacting to what your opponent does, you're screwed. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to shield on reaction for it to not come out and get sent flying off the stage. Or I tried to up B to get to grab the ledge and it didn't come and I fall to my death. Sigh.

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
I just played some For Glory, against Japanese players no less. I had no issue with any sort of input lag.

Wronskian-Physics

Smash Cadet
It sounds like you have some packet loss along with lag. Lots of people are playing Smash now that it's released worldwide, so there might lay the problem. With that said, I have had pretty decent experiences, although I played mostly from 12 to 6 am, and there is not much lag during the witching hours.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
The slight input lag in for glory mode is so frustrating. Unless you're mashing, your moves aren't gonna come out exactly when you press them, so if you play by reacting to what your opponent does, you're screwed. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to shield on reaction for it to not come out and get sent flying off the stage. Or I tried to up B to get to grab the ledge and it didn't come and I fall to my death. Sigh.
Looks like its from your side. I do lag from time to time though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I do suffer from input lag, but only in some matches. Most matches work quite decently on my end.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I can't even make it online most of the time...

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
My online matches are usually surprisingly good. When I play against people in Japan there's noticeable lag. But all in all very impressed with online play. Then again I was playing at 4 in the morning haha

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
In almost all my matches there's like a tenth of a second of delay from my button press to my character doing the move on screen. Also I have had several matches where it starts off fine, but then gets severely laggy later on. Especially if I beat the player once, then rematch, and the rematch is super laggy, but it never seems to effect my opponent, only me. They can react to whatever I do, but I can't react to them. My internet is pretty good as well, I play other fighters online with no lag issues. This is so frustrating.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Played 3 matches in for glory, all 3 were perfect.

Played 2 matches in for fun, one was ok and one was horrible.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Haven't really seen any terrible delay happen. There was an instance where it did a mini freeze but that was only in a single game. My matches have been with people all over the world, especially with some Japanese players. Usually matches are great with zero delay.

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
My internet isn't that great, but my input lag isn't as bad as I thought it would be. All of my button presses have about a 1/3 of a second delay. I'm able to deal with it (Depending on the character i'm using), I just feel bad for my opponent since they have to deal with it too :p

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Out of 48 matches I've done in For Glory, about 6 have suffered from noticeable lag. From my experiences with Brawl, I'll take this any day.

BagelTheBagel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BagelTheBagel
I played a few matches with a person in 1v1, and there was input lag. From what you guys are saying, it's not always like this. I hope it's not.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well glad its not just be. I did some matches with a friend (Who has very terrible internet) and we had absolutely no problem. I did some For Glory later and there was a huge input lag, oddly enough, I noticed it most with Falco. Others still had it, but not as bad as Falco.

WhuTom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-9000-8776
^ Interesting you say that, I played 3 games of For Glory, two (DHD and Marth) were fine, third with Falco was terrible for input lag. I figured it was just the servers in general since they'll be so busy today.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I played a For Fun Match with three **** and I had no lag whatsoever. REALLY enoying online mode so far.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I played a For Fun Match with three **** and I had no lag whatsoever. REALLY enoying online mode so far.
Me too. I am actually feeling tempted to record videos just to show how good the online usually is when I am playing.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, I need to apologize, I had no idea that the word I used is offensive in the US. :S

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
I've played like 20 matches in two days, 15 of those with lag. (I just play 1v1, I guess it doesnpt matter, but well...)

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but then I also have 2 other folks on the same connection in my house. Bandwidth isn't infinite.

MTqq

Smash Rookie
There's at least a 0.2-0.3 second input delay on every single match I've done online.

Been doing some 2v2 with a casual friend of mine and he claims there's no lag. He simply doesn't notice it.
But there is a minor input lag, and it's breaking the online mode. You would think Nintendo finally would have learned, even getting help from Namco Bandai with the netcode didn't help.

I blame the console for not having a ethernetport, making most users just stick with the wifi causing annoying lag, even if you're playing against someone in the same country.

Greenpants

Smash Cadet
I think it's primarily due to location as I outlined in another thread. For some reason I am matched all over the world (literally). I played someone from Australia yesterday. (From Ohio)...and he was a lag tactic abusing tool too. Anyways, regional play would make a HUGE difference IMO.

I get the impression that those with more local players have not experienced the bull****tery of constantly playing someone from way far out. So they're having good experiences.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
My internet's good, but I still get input lag from time to time :/ It's probably the most frustrating thing to happen in a match, especially when it looks like the game is running smoothly, and it makes you fall off the stage before you can even react!

Lag is certainly a bad problem, but thankfully it doesn't seem to be all that common for me

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I've got a solid Internet connection, but I get lots of input lag, and just lag in general. All of Europe seems to be playing right now, and I constantly get paired against folks ridiculously far away. It's getting frustrating -- they should've had some more decent matchmaking.

Greenpants

Smash Cadet
We should make a petition to add regional preferences....or whatever you would call it in this situation.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How do i get a better connection online?
im using Wii Land Adapter too still lag on For glory quiet bad.....im from UK London...

Get matched up with Americans online all the time...

Is there a Reigon specific setting?

I checked everywhere...WiiU system settings and Sm4sh Setttings.....

Would changing Reigon Specific in the WiiU system settings do anything?

PogueSquadron

Smash Rookie
Yes! Every match. I thought a LAN adapter would help but it hasn't. There's always a little delay. Enough to feel noticeably different than local play. I've heard other people don't have this problem and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've done everything I know to do. Tried doing QoS, DMZ Hosting, port forwarding, everything.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Doesn't happen very often for me because my connection is pretty good. But when I do come across matches with ugly connection quality... it irritates me. Makes me wish there was some sort of filter by connection quality I could change from within the settings.

PogueSquadron

Smash Rookie
For those having problems, what kind of router do you have? I have a Verizon MI424wr (Actiontec). Would a different router help?

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the input lag is really annoying, I am just like you I react by what my foe is doing. And it is almost impossible on online, it's very annoying, to the point where I don't even like playing the game :(

karama

Smash Rookie
you guys should post your upload and download speeds and check your connection to see if theres any packet loss at all.

I have like 40 download and 6 upload and I get almost no lag

Last edited:

Kryver98

Smash Rookie
I play by reacting on my opponent's actions too. Usually when they use a move, I attempt to punish them, but because of my input lag, they just roll out of the way and are able to keep doing so.

I wish I could obtain a LAN adapter. About 90% of all my matches online cause me to suffer from input lag to the point where I don't even know what I'm playing anymore.

deadcult

Smash Cadet
I spent an hour practicing my quick attacks as pikachu only to play for glory and SD some of the matches. Sometimes I will get a good lag free match or sometimes the other guy is real laggy. Then I don't feel like I really won when I beat him.

Top Bottom