• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody else dissapointed that there are no stat differences between female and male WFT?

godogod

Smash Ace
Sakurai confirmed that it was all just cosmetic when he announced the male version on a daily update IIRC.

I'm not asking for different movesets or anything too big, just being clones with minor small stat differences would be great and add more strategic value and a sense of an extra character that makes them stand out for the other. Maybe like comparing call of duty clone guns.

Female wii fit trainer could be light medium(low 90s to mid 90), a bit floatier, but faster movement and attack speed.

Male wii fit trainer could be heavier(like middle weight 100) with a faster fall speed, with slightly more damage with strong attacks.

I'm just throwing suggestions out there.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm actually GLAD there wasn't any difference.
There there would be debates on which version is better, and I prefer no unnecessary controversies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Nope. Serves the alternate costume thing just fine. If they made stat differences, then what would've stopped them from making Male WFT his own character? It's all you really need to make fighters/clones a la Dr. Mario or Falco from SSBM.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually GLAD there wasn't any difference.
There there would be debates on which version is better, and I prefer no unnecessary controversies.
Well, there'll still be debates as to which one that LOOKS better. :-P

Yes, no more clones please. And no more gender superiority either.
Although men and women ARE very different - people aren't afraid of facts, are they?

Besides, we already have at least one "clone" in Toon Link. I think it would've been a fun touch to make the male and female trainer differentiate a bit from one other. Female=quicker, physically weaker. Male=heavier, stronger attacks.

godogod

Smash Ace
Female could have stronger special moves. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me how they handle it. If they want the female to be stronger, whatever. It would just be a nice change to have them differ in stats in some way, instead of being just different visually.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
No, we don't need more clones like the Dr. Mario case.
I never said they deserve stand alone character slots.

Also, having Dr. Mario as maro's alt costume with differences like in Melee would be awesome. Then again we have the customized special attacks also..

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Not really. I'm honestly just impressed that Wii Fit got an alternate at all.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I'm not disappointed at all at the lack of stat differences between the male and female Wii Fit Trainers. In fact that is what I hoped for, as it would both make sense and avoid senseless and unnecessary controversy. Alternate costumes with slightly altered stats just doesn't fly, especially when the alternate costume is an alternate gender.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Sakurai confirmed that it was all just cosmetic when he announced the male version on a daily update IIRC.

I'm not asking for different movesets or anything too big, just being clones with minor small stat differences would be great and add more strategic value and a sense of an extra character that makes them stand out for the other. Maybe like comparing call of duty clone guns.

Female wii fit trainer could be light medium(low 90s to mid 90), a bit floatier, but faster movement and attack speed.

Male wii fit trainer could be heavier(like middle weight 100) with a faster fall speed, with slightly more damage with strong attacks.

You know why they are not different because MWT is only a skin not a different character, so they are perfectly fine

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm glad they're the same because they're more balanced this way. Yes, pun intended.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

The feminists would have a picnic if Male WFT ended up being slightly better :/

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not disappointed at all, I didn't really expect any stat differences. I just wanted a cool alternate. It is a great idea; but again, as someone who is highly interested in cosmetic customization, I don't want attributes to influence the costume I choose. For instance, I do not want to use Male Fit, it would be unfortunate if he has stat differences pertinent to my interests as I wouldn't want to actually use him.

Hong

The Strongest
It would have been a bit ridiculous if that were the case.

I'm glad they are identical. There is a difference between increasing sophistication with diversity, versus just creating silly nuances that really serve arbitrary and redundant ideals. Let's focus on more meaningful decisions.

I wouldn't at all compare the two Links to this situation, either, for a number of obvious reasons.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Yeah, I'm really happy that there aren't any differences. Incorporating stat differences like making the female version physically weaker etc helps to enforce some problematic stereotypes, and with them being the "fit" trainers I'd expect them both to have very high physical capabilities

So yeah I'm really glad they went with this decision.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No, I will be disappointed if the opposite was the case. He Fit Trainer is just an alternate costume, no reason for him to have different stats.

Plus, it would serve just complicate things.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm glad they are the same, basically for the same reason as the first reply to this thread. I'm sorry you're disappointed though, everyone has their own opinion and I certainly respect yours.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I must be the only one who actually wants the stats difference.

Otherwise, why bother with the male trainer at all? No one's going to choose him!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I must be the only one who actually wants the stats difference.

Otherwise, why bother with the male trainer at all? No one's going to choose him!
Oh I will play the heck out of him. He's kinda cute being a more effeminate male but still muscular.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I feel like a hypocrite now because I like Lucina in Smash Bros. and I basically said I despise clones.
Well there's one thing to like the character an another to like their play style. I love Lucina but I hate the fact that she's a clone

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well there's one thing to like the character an another to like their play style. I love Lucina but I hate the fact that she's a clone
At the same time I am fine with it since she was going to be an Alt anyways- I'd prefer her to at least have a bit of difference than just a costume since they are two separate characters. It's not like if she didn't make it in we would have gotten a whole new character. Sorry for getting a bit off topic.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we had stat differences, we would have to have another slot on the roster screen, according th Sakurai's definition of what gives a clone a CSS space in his statements on Lucina not being an alt costume.

Given a few unhappy campers about WFT having one character, two would probably enrage ... everyone.
I think it is best how it is :)

Top Bottom