• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any tips vs fox?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
fox is a pretty tough opponent, first...

cons...
his upb is maybe the best meteor cancel
if i go off stage, his shine will kill me, guaranteed and decreedy by god's law
i can't camp him or even sometimes shdl due to his shine has almost no lag at all
his aerials are stronger, some more precise and most of them (mainly dair and fair) have priority over falco's
his killer moves are way better, all his smashes are faster, stronger and with more range (except for fsmash which is just a little bit weaker but faster than falco's)
his dair>usmash is way too effective, prioritastic and kills at ridiculously low %s
bair and dsmash send falco horizontal and down, which means, if he gets hit by any of these hell prolly die since i oculd be too low to sideb or too far to make upb work
hes got ridiculous recovery options and his firefox can hit up to 29% while falco's does around 10% total
hes way faster

advantages
chaingrab until 45%
easy laserlock (he can get out of it since fox's bouncing body is too small, an dmaybe after 5 bullets hell be out of it)
falco has some few moves that outrange him
i have an actual spike
his bair is stronger but mine is strong and lasts longer
i have hyphen smash option
my jump speed is slightly better (maybe even slower) than his (his fast fall speed affects him though)

ok, so, thats pretty much all my problems and my advantages i can barely use... any tips on how to fight him the best way possible?

thanks

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
watch out for dair/dash attack to uptilts, to grab, to down smash, to fair. That crap isnt a true combo but skilled players can nail it and you are like at 65-70%. a few more lasers and its almost upsmash kill time :(

J4pu

Smash Champion
No real tips on the matchup, just CG the hell outta him

oh, and at low percents, Dair > Utilt > Utilt >Utilt >Utilt (not sure how many times) is a b*tch

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
hmmm... i figured some thing
chaingrab the hell out of him
use fair when im really high since it has good priority
use dair if hes below me
air chase him being aware of dair and bair mainly
after i spike to finish a chaingrab go back asap to the stage
if im not near an edge, i finish cg with usmash
shdl near him for laser stun