• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips to perform RAR with ZSS Back Air efficiently ?

Skwall

Smash Rookie
NNID
squall-0taku
Hi guys !

I'm training very hard to get better at Sm4sh, especially with ZSS. I'm learning that Reverse Aerial Rush which is awesome with the power of ZSS back air. I know how to do it, but when I touch the opponent collider, the move miss his target. It's like the back air go through the opponent mesh without touching it. I don't know if I have to be at a precise distance, or if I have to touch the opponent with a certain part of the leg etc...

Anyway, my RAR works one time out of ten, even if I touch my opponent.

Any tips to perform this move better ?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Figure out the range of bair in training mode. It doesn't have a hitbox near her like it did in brawl, but rather it's around the tip of her foot. Also ZSS's short hop is pretty high, so to hit someone on the ground you can't throw it out instantly after jumping, wait a little bit instead.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Bair comes out really fast, so you can activate it close to the ground when landing.
You can run, rar, ff bair land, and with litttle lag.

David Viran

Smash Lord
The very beginning of bair has no hitbox.
Basically, aim from her knee to her foot.
You can hit people from close up with Bair but the timing is super strict. I don't know why you would do that on purpose though. A spaced Bair is always better than a non spaced one.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
there is actually not hitbox right next to her... not sure how your game is different from mine.

David Viran

Smash Lord
There's like a millisecond when her leg swings around that it hits near her. No body hitbox anymore though.

Top Bottom