• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips on selling used games?

ihe4rtb0ba

Smash Rookie
The games I do not play anymore are piling up extremely quickly, and I should look at renting as an option, but as the current situation calls for, I want to get rid of these games as soon as possible, but yet still get something out of it. I have looked around on many sites, such as ebay, half.com, etc, but I have not come to a conclusion of what I should use.
Even with the games at a like-new quality, the prices are low and trading them for cash does not seem like the best idea. I have found sites that offers the trading of video games at my own risk (trading games now), but I do not know how well I am able to trust those sites, or the community behind it. Does anyone have any tip or sites that I can hopefully trade my money's worth?

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
What about eBay? I sold most of my Playstation games on there awhile ago to buy an N64. It seemed to work pretty well for me. But wherever you sell games, you're not going to get a very good price on them. They just seem to devalue way too quickly to net a good return on investment..

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Yeah, don't trade in at a Gamestop or similar. You get **** for you games.

A couple of my friends use the site Goozex for trading games: http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/homepage.asp

They seem to like it.

Other than that, eBay's pretty much your best option. You're not going to get a lot for old, used games no matter where you go(unless it's a rare, popular game).

ihe4rtb0ba

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I already accepted that its not worth much. Hopefully I'll sell these for at least some money and hopefully it will amount to something. Thanks for you input. I guess ebay is probably the best choice.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i tried to sell Rayman 2 for PS2 and Jak and Daxter at EB Games. they said they would give me $1.35

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
EB games, gamestop etc. will all rip you off in trade ins. Unfortunately they have no choice but to rip you off, otherwise they won't make much of a profit.

Ebay will rip you off because of the outrageous fees they charge you for each time you put something up for auction. They also have other things they charge you with as well.

Amazon is a better place to sell from what i've seen. They only charge you a fee once you actually sell the item, and you can put it up for as long as you want.

My dad has been selling used games and systems on a website that deals in local transactions. No fee's no nothing. Generally easier.

So those are your options.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Keep them. Unless it's a collectors edition of a fairly new game, you're not going to get much...

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
I would probably say to keep it. Someday it might be worth a lot of money and anyway pretty much anywhere you go you won't get that much money for the games. If you really want to sell it, then you should probably try Amazon or just sell it to one of your friends.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
If you're sitting on a copy of Final Fantasy VII somewhere in that collection of your's, then you'll make a nice chunk of change. But, short of a handful of other titles, you're only going to make anything by selling a great deal.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
Yardsales actually bring good profit
after about 3 i have sold 15 games for 5 bucks each

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Ebay, pawn shops, friends, eb games... EB games doesn't always rip you off. I traded in 4 games, one I got for free, melee which is very old, new super mario bros and a ds game. I got $60 for it all. More than what I would have got at a pawn shop or on ebay. Just check around to see what the best deals are.

Pef7

Smash Cadet
Some tips I've found to work a bit if you are selling to any store is to bring games in in smaller amounts. So if you have 10 games to sell, maybe only bring 2-3 with you since the store will give you a slightly better deal sometimes.
Besides the popular vote of Amazon, I'd also suggest keeping what you can. 1) You will always be able to replay them years down the road. 2) you could leave a legacy of games behind for future generations. 3) well I don't have a 3 yet, but it looks better than just having 2 points.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Unless you really need the bankroll, I'd recommend keeping the games around as well. It's amazing the amount of fun that can be had with retro games. My girlfriend has 4 NESs, 2 SNESs, a 64, and an ATARI 2600, plus around 100 cartridge games for the four of them. It is so endlessly entertaining to hook the systems up and start popping in the worst games you can lay your hands on. Plus, every now and then you'll stumble up on a gem and spend a couple of days absorbed in it all over again (for us, it was Bubble Bobble for the NES).

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Go to someone who has a rival store and matches prices and lie through your teeth. ;)

No joke.
Other than that call at various times and get quotes then take in a coupon for better trade rates. Subscribe on thier website and you should get weekly deals.

I work at PnT though which will give you the best trade in prices.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd say Ebay, especially if you happen to have a rare "hard-to-find" game in your collection which should give you quite a bang for your game

Top Bottom