• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any smashers around the Buffalo,NY area?

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
anybody from around the Buffalo,NY area playing smash? im looking for some tournys or even a smashfest

Last edited:

shboke

Smash Journeyman
Im from south buffalo :D im usually always down to smash!! If i ever find a tourney I'll let you know. Usually on Thursdays oogie games has a smash tourney but its not 100% competitive, usually for glory rules but 3 stock

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Im from south buffalo :D im usually always down to smash!! If i ever find a tourney I'll let you know. Usually on Thursdays oogie games has a smash tourney but its not 100% competitive, usually for glory rules but 3 stock
Thats sweet i didnt know that you should deff lmk when the next tourny is ill go yoj should add me on smash my nintendo id is SuperCheekNasty im from lackawanna

Third Ball Paul

Smash Rookie
I'm in Lockport desperately needing more than one person to play against in melee so I can get some skills for tourneys.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Oogie games in west sencea is having a tourny thursday idk if its smash 4 or meele but im pretty sure its smash 4 ill be going

shboke

Smash Journeyman
It was a fun tourney, i hope word spreads more and it gets bigger, i want to see what this community has to offer lol

p00chie

Smash Rookie
so thats me^ but i realized i have my actual name there so i made a new SB account, contact this one.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
I found this Facebook page for Buffalo smashers: facebook.com/groups/buffalosmash/
Looks like the group is mainly focused on PM, but there's still some stuff about melee and 4 on there.

Also here's the reddit post I found that from: reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2tqfrq/where_would_i_find_smash_groups_in_buffalo_ny/

Last edited:

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
We have UB smash club (north campus) in the student union flag room on wednesdays at 8pm, we play mostly melee, but some PM and smash 4 as well.

Another place we play at is the Buffalo Game Space in suite 454 in the TriMain Development center on main street, that meet-up is about 50% pm and 50% melee, with other non smash fighting games. This is on Saturdays pretty much all day.

Last edited:

ssbmSuDDeN

Smash Rookie
I'm about an hour away from buffalo in olean if anybody has a tourney near buffalo to olean please tell me I am really hype for my first tourney and I'd prefer melee but any smash game I'm good with.

BeBetterGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeBetterGamer
We have UB smash club (north campus) in the student union flag room on wednesdays at 8pm, we play mostly melee, but some PM and smash 4 as well.

Another place we play at is the Buffalo Game Space in suite 454 in the TriMain Development center on main street, that meet-up is about 50% pm and 50% melee, with other non smash fighting games. This is on Saturdays pretty much all day.
Does this still go on? Is it a free thing? What about Smash 4? Do you not play because no one brings it...because I would gladly bring my console and game if that was the case (I just don't have an extra TV to carry around so if you have an extra space for it to be hooked up that would be great!)

ssbmSuDDeN

Smash Rookie

UUMM.... so is this summer 2

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Does this still go on? Is it a free thing? What about Smash 4? Do you not play because no one brings it...because I would gladly bring my console and game if that was the case (I just don't have an extra TV to carry around so if you have an extra space for it to be hooked up that would be great!)
We usually have 1 smash 4 set-up. Not sure about TV's, we mostly have CRT's for Melee and PM, but smash 4 isn't good on CRT's, and we usually only have 1 flat screen (for smash 4). Buffalo game space pretty much only has flat screens though, because they do traditional fighters too.
UUMM.... so is this summer 2
Buffalo Game Space is free, but the guy who runs it has been busy, so we're not meeting there again until 2 weeks from now. (20th)

ssbmSuDDeN

Smash Rookie
We usually have 1 smash 4 set-up. Not sure about TV's, we mostly have CRT's for Melee and PM, but smash 4 isn't good on CRT's, and we usually only have 1 flat screen (for smash 4). Buffalo game space pretty much only has flat screens though, because they do traditional fighters too.
Buffalo Game Space is free, but the guy who runs it has been busy, so we're not meeting there again until 2 weeks from now. (20th)
ok thx please tag me again in this thread when u meet up again at least a 1 week to a 3 days in advanced pls and 1 last thing........ do u guys have 20XX if not pls tell me if u have homebrew because i can bring 20XX and everyone can practice and smash 64:foxmelee:

Last edited:

ssbmSuDDeN

Smash Rookie
i just got it ): hopefully next time i can go i was really looking forward to this to.....well anyway if u have another tourney again tell me i'm always ready

Blahloozer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Blahloozer
I'm from Niagara Falls. Actually looking into starting up some monthly tourniws myself and if enough people come work up to weeklies. Would you guys be interested in that?

SHATT3R

Smash Rookie
NNID
LagasaurusRex_2

Do you have to be a student at UB or is anyone allowed to go to the smash club?

ssbmSuDDeN

Smash Rookie
are there any more tourneys around???? i still haven't went to 1 tournament and its been almost a year

alh1193

Smash Cadet
NNID
haynes93
Switch FC
SW-1775-7406-8205
Hey me and my friends stay in buffalo. I've been looking for players to add to our circle. We started having prizeless tourneys. We are usually free on weekends

ICYoyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ICYoyo
There's a weekly meet up at Buff State now. 305 Rockwell Hall. All skill levels welcomed.

Last edited:

ICYoyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ICYoyo
What's the date and time and can ppl just walk in?
Yeah, totally forgot those details might be important. They are Thursday night at 7pm and yes, anyone can walk in, set ups would be GREAT but we have 2 normally and one is on a big projector.

alh1193

Smash Cadet
NNID
haynes93
Switch FC
SW-1775-7406-8205
Thursday's are kind of a problem bcuz of work. Do they play all smash games???

Top Bottom