• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any small changes to the game that would make your life easier

stairface

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2009-5061-8631
I got only one, be able to dodge off of platforms, I trap myself on BF so much trying to dodge of the edge and it usually gets me killed.

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
A bunch of QoL additions that seem really easy to implement:

-A Stage Hazards toggle within the Stage Select Screen rather than awkwardly buried in the rules. Considering they're gonna have to redo the SSS to account for the five remaining DLC stages soon, I hope they consider doing this. C'mon, it'd be so much more convenient when I wanted to taunt my friends with the unbridled wrath of Flat Zone X. Same with Stage Morph, a feature they seemingly cut existing stages for yet is also buried within rules to us.
-Four players in Squad Strike. It was possible to do in Smash Tour's final battle on Wii U and with up to (?) six characters each too, so I really don't see why we can't have that on Switch. Please don't let Smash Tour have the superior version of Squad Strike.
-Also, how that and Smashdown are in no way playable online either. And speaking of online; Local co-op in arenas when we can already do it in quickplay, being able to change character without losing your position in arenas, being able to make your own online tourney rulesets, etc.
-HRC has a multiplayer VS. option to it when Mob Smash doesn't? I get trimming some of the already pretty similar options (like how many times did you specifically play 10 Man Smash?) but re-implementing Rival Smash from Smash 4 would be nice to go with that. Even nicer would be having Mob Smashes for Assist Trophies and Master Hand's segment in WoL, but that might be dreaming a little too high.
-Some HUD change to show the Mii Fighters' custom moves would be really helpful. Also let us play as them in at least Smashdown, c'mon!
-Give a little ribbon on the CSS for when you beat all the available characters in All-Star Smash within that character's run; just make it a little more gratifying to do it with multiple characters like All-Star Modes of the past.
-Let us organise the roster by series, seeing as you can already do that on the website and that there's already an option for echos no one uses.
-Make Spirit Teams customizable within the CSS when using them in multiplayer; it really seems like the prospect of using whatever fun Spirit abilities and additions you like in multiplayer is squandered by being unable to freely select individual ones outside of teams you've already assembled elsewhere. I think it would add a lot more worth to the Spirits in our eyes as cool little given features like triple jumping and first-strike-invincibility if we could simply create Spirit Teams within the CSS like you were able to do with custom equipment in Smash 4. It's especially baffling when you can auto-pick spirits that aren't in one of your teams within the CSS through the random button.
-Make Custom Balance attributable to player tags rather than specific characters. That's kinda what I was expecting when they first brought it up in the November Direct and were like "if there's one player stronger than others, use this!".
-GIVE US THE OPTION TO PLAY WITH THE WII FIT'S US VOICE ACTOR IN THE EUROPEAN VERSION AND VICE VERSA OH MY GOD 0/10 GAME

Even if it was because they were adding a Spirit as a character, them going back and adding the rematch feature to Spirits mode gives me hope for more changes like that down the line.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Stage Hazard toggle on Arenas. Also, on SSS.
Online Squad Strikes, both with friends and with randoms
Random character selection in Elite Smash
Miis selectable in Random on Arenas.
When in Arenas, allow players to change character/stage without having to lose their place in queue.
2 or more players online in 1 console against friends. (This was possible in Brawl, I don't know why they removed it).

Pupp135

Smash Lord
The only minor changes that I would like to see are a way to toggle random character selector and a way to select my mii with random, so you can use random for themed matches (e.g. Melee themed matches or sword users only).
While I’d like 4 player compatibility and more “lives“ in Squad Strike, I think those are bigger features and not minor things to help me out.

Last edited:

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
The only minor changes that I would like to see are a way to toggle random character selector and a way to select my mii with random, so you can use random for themed matches (e.g. Melee themed matches or sword users only).
While I’d like 4 player compatibility and more “lives“ in Squad Strike, I think those are bigger features and not minor things to help me out.
I mean if Stages can get random specifications, why not characters?

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I like to think people from nintendo will in fact peruse forums like these looking for suggestions...if thats the case here PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us toggle stage hazards in the stage select screen. It should work just like toggling normal, omega, and battlefield variants.
There's a few things I would change about ultimate, but this is definitely at the top of the list for me

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
-Stage hazards toggle in stage select screen, alongside the ability to play any song on any stage (in exchange for BF/Omega forms only available through random select).
-The ability to set it so that top blast line KO’s are always one of either star, screen or blast KO’s, to ensure consistency. Star and screen KO’s in exchange are as long as they were in Melee.
-Alternate costumes are toggled using X and Y, team colors can be switched using L and R (or maybe ZL/ZR for pro controller and dual joycons) and ZL/ZR (or maybe L/R for pro controller and dual joycons) switch echo fighters/PT Pokémon. I wouldn’t mind if switching team colors with X/Y and alternate colors with L/R was implemented instead. Online arenas allow you to cycle back team colors using Y.
-Amiibos can be your partners or opponents in any non-vs multiplayer mode (home run contest, mob smash, spirit battles, etc)
-After each match, every human player’s token remains on the character they picked but unless one player picks up their token, everyone must press start to start the match. Pressing A on the “ready to fight” banner no longer starts a match either, you must press start.
-On the match results screen, players can press start to skip all info like past games.
-Team attack can now be toggled for individual teams (so red team can have TA off and blue team can have TA on). Threpink, purple, black and white are also added as additional team colors.
-Character order selection menu in squad strike allows players to back out in order to make any changes they want, and names are saved so you won’t have to reselect them.
-Handicap mode now toggles number of extra stocks/points you have, so +3 means you start each match with 3 extra stocks.

the alternate costume/team color and squad strike thing, having to reselect characters after every match and the number of times I pressed a on the ready to fight banner to accidentally start a match is enough for me to give ultimate a 7/10 overall due to inferior menu design. Having to reselect after every match is a nuisance for my friend’s dad and squad strike is a nuisance for my brother.

there’s probably more too.

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
Something I wanted to add to my post from yesterday:
When I create arenas or play local with my friends I prefer to set the stage select to random in order to speed things up. What I would like to happen, along with choosing what stages appear, is choose what form they appear in on an individual basis.

Basically I want to set stage select to random but have Smashville and Fountain of Dreams with hazards on, Pokémon stadium with hazards off, and set stages like Garreg Mach Monestary to battlefield or FD

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
a practice mode for online battles.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Isn’t it about time they make scanning an amiibo unlock the character, given that the unlock methods are time consuming and the time spent doing them could better be spent playing multiplayer?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
For the love of all that is good in the world, can the game please remember my name entry in Squad Strike? I hate having to re-enter my name every time

Top Bottom