• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any secret tricks to 100% GURANTEEING YOU DON'T AIRWALK

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
this is not an MTI hate thread
I wish it could be.

well kinda, its related to him in hate but not really.

but basically I'm kinda pissed at how I miss that 2nd hit of dair off punishes sometimes. Mostly when I do it OOS, HELL IT EVEN DOES IT WHEN I SDI OUT OF G&W BAIR AND ONLY HITS ONCE **** MTI FOR MAKING ME WORK THIS INTO MY GAME AND MAKING IT A HABIT FGIIOWAEGGKESAGI
chillax.
But anyway any tipsies guranting I don't do it?

I'm pretty sure a certain smash researcher hint hint hint
or maybe that guy who is only good for misc. data but is questionable otherwise
could look into game mechanic abuse and find a way.

I tried waiting and dairing, that usually results in me messing up the punish half the time :C

Random thoughts:

I just realized you could AUTO-AIRWALK with Attack Stick since it likes to buffer jump sometimes because its dumb :awesome:

How the **** do you guys practice snap canceling :(

I found this old gem while googling "Jeepy Sol Smash World Forums"

Does some test-dity tester wanna double check this good ol chart with all our new cap data + DI and what not? standard 0%/25%/50%/75%/100% [in terms of how we start at 0% of our full power at 0% and we're 100%/cap at like... what 170-something? Wakarimasen wwww (☞゚∀゚)☞

[collapse=OldCarios only, 09+ need not reply] I Miss Noddy :([/collapse]

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You wouldn't be talkin' about lil' ol' me, would you?
:awesome:

Okay about the chart, that's a pretty large project. There was some guy who originally wanted to do something like this but we concluded it would be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong project (I hope I put in enough o's), if that's a chart from 2008, I can say most likely that was before momentum canceling was more fully explored (most people don't even know the full mechanics of momentum canceling today lol. Also isn't that just for DT?

On the subject of airwalk and whatnot, the problem iirc is that the variables that are set for dair to change falling speed are negated by hitstun. You pretty much have to wait, do some action before to restore default properties, or maybe jump but wait just a little after the input (might be faster than waiting for tumble/stun to wear off)? idk I think tbh it's a great defensive gtfo many times, although I do understand that one might want to use a retaliatory dair after getting hit.

culexus・wau

You don't know how much I get pissed that I that I airwalk fail punish G&W bair sometimes.

IT ACTUALLY COST ME A MONEY MATCH.

/salt

AIRWALK AND 1 HIT DAIR, G&W RECOVERS RIGHT WHEN YOU'RE 5 FEET ABOVE HIM.

YOU ALSO WASTE YOUR JUMP

HAVE FUN GETTING UAIR'D REFRESHING HIS MOVES AND POSSIBLY GETTING JUGGLE TRAPPED FOR DAMAGE/KILL.

**** I wish I could go back to 08-09-early 10 where I never did this ever :(

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
/crack

how do you airwalk from getting hit by bair? I almost never do for most of the time (although I haven't played a G&W in a long time lol)

culexus・wau

shield the 1st hits.

drop shield on the last hit [or if he's fastfalling it, the hit you think you'll be able to time getting hit before the turtle.

SDI on top of him or down and behind him.

Dair/Nair

Fair/Double Team/1F or Landing Force Palm/Grab/Roll/Shield/Aurasphere Charge/sidesteps as mix-ups

if you conditioned them to spotdodge after bairing for some reason, the next layer of Mix-up (probably yomi at this point LOL) is Smashes/Aurasphere

at this point though they PROBABLY WILL RARELY USE BAIR AGAISNT YOU LOL, it might be because I don't really GIVE A **** and I just get hit by the bair hits to ALWAYS hit G&W because it USSUALLY puts me into a better position LOL.

hell if you're GOOD enough at SDI you could PROBABLY do this VS nairs/most multihit moves although do note that you only really need to go behind G&W in this situation because his bair has a landing hitbox, if theres not landing hitbox on a multihit and they're Fast Falling to get you into a boxing/tick game you have all the option stated above.

damn I'm on a roll today.

http://instantrimshot.com/

culexus・wau

it depends if you really wanna take so much damage for a trade or not

IF YOU'RE SUPER METICULOUS AND THINK THE DAMAGE FOR G&W BAIR WILL TIP WILL GIVE YOU ENOUGH DAMAGE TO...

- While He has a percentage lead, if you get hit by the extra bair hits you'll be at enough aura to deal more damage to him to get the lead advantage, [this could or could not really make a difference, in the latter make the decision yourself if you want damage both of yourselves more in return for making G&W closer to his kill% or not]

- I forget why I even put this bullet mark here, maybe someone will point out what I forget, or maybe I accidently put both on the run on sentence above, if you read this, you have just wasted your time.

oh and

incidentally ANOTHER MIX-UP albeit unreliable is to try for the falling dair that only hits with the 1st hit BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT INSTEAD OF TERRIBLE AIRWALKING IT PUTS YOU ON THE GROUND RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

WHY, IN THEORY YOU COULD EVEN CONTROL WHICH WAY YOU'D FALL WITH YOUR DI, FOR EVEN FURTHER WHICH WAY MIX-UPS.

MAN **** AIRWALKING
not really I kinda still like it but I wish I didn't waste my dair on habit with it so much anymore lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The biggest issue is the fact that lucario has mediocre oos and I don't want my shield to get tiny from bair hammering on it.

Steam

Smash Hero
I've never had this issue vs. GW :/

I just SDI towards him and above him and Dair him. It works for me lol :/

culexus・wau

I forgot about tilts.

LIKE ALWAYS.

OHOHOHHOHOHOHO
its a reference to my playstyle

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah I don't have a real problem with G&W, I just don't like sitting in shield against bair.

Oh yeah and I guess getting edgeguarded by him's no fun.

@ DD that sounds like a tight punish

culexus・wau

Yes

I can confirm it works.

I tried other **** after SDIing bair

because I was ****ING SALTY AFTER DAIR FAILING ME SO MANY TIME AND AIRWALKING **** MTI FOR MAKING THIS WIDESPREAD USAGE WARGJKEAGKAEG- siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

so yeah because I was mad in the sort of serious friendlies that followed afterwards I tried different punish options.

because of this, I can deduce Praxis was right.

Bair sucks.

You can also do this to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfunwOt9FU#t=2m14

Praxis you should post random
G&W tips/callouts/bashing in this thread imo

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I hope this isn't double post. But I have also been able to make bair useful in mixups RAR SH Bair and fall with it. The aura box drops with you.

Damn these ****ty school computers. Makes my posts not show.

Laem

Smash Champion
i have no idea what you guys are talking about
i just came here for +1

Top Bottom