• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any korean smashers out there??

the-gamer

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm on the UC Berkeley smash crew and I'm in Korea for the summer on an internship. Would anyone happen to know if there is anyone in korea who plays, or perhaps even better a Korean equivalent to smash boards??

Someone in korea HAS to be good, lol.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
The Nintendo scene just broke out in Korea after the launch of Mario Kart DS in Korea. The Nintendo scene is still fresh, but I know of some Korean smasher named Calitz that plays Smash.

At the PC Bahngs that has console games, they have XBOX and PS2. No gamecubes (at least when I was there)

Korea is very behind in terms of development in the Nintendo scene, but pretty up to date in terms of any other console. Try learning Tekken or FIFA, those games are huge in Korea.

I don't even need to say Starcraft.

the-gamer

Smash Rookie
@kdj111 - yep, no need to mention sc. but yeah, do you think there would be any way you could hook me up with calitz? As you can tell, i'm pretty desperate to play XD.

on a side note, i heard the korean gov. banned console games early this century, and thats why korea is so behind on console games and so ahead in sc =P.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Let me show you how to cook with captain falcon.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
roflmao @ this thread if things turn out right i might be there next year to study w00t
smashers in seoul plzkthx...or at least ppl to teach coreans...........maybe ppl will die from melee instead of sc this time next year? >______>;;

아리랑 suckas v^____^v

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Argh. I can never find any free time to do anything. (stupid work *mumbles to self*) I'm still trying to find some time. When I do, I'll let you know.

xyt

Smash Lord
there is absolutely no possible way that you can have zero time to get in a few games of melee.
NO JOHNS.
i won't be here too much longer. you better step it up if you wanna play during the summer.

don't take it personally if i sound harsh. I just wanna play against another human that's all.

xyt

Smash Lord
as in.. the military base? =_=);;;
either way.. i don't really go to yongsan often.. -_-)

are you serving in the military right now?
cause if that's the case.. i guess that's a pretty valid excuse lol

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
No I live near the base but I go to school there. I know a place there that you can play video games for free. They provide TVs and they have a Wii that we can use. I can bring my copy of Smash and some controllers (unless you want oto bring your own) and we'll be set.

xyt

Smash Lord
i have my own controller... i really hope those tvs are not HD because i dont want any lag...
in any event.. gimme your phone number, we'll set up a time and i'll take the subway over or something
sound alright?

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
ok. sounds good. my cell is 010-8695-6784. My name is Kenny and I think I'm free this weekend if not next.

And no, the TVs aren't HD. They are normal TVs so they don't lag. I played Smash there with some friends before and they are perfect.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hey kdj i thought you were coming to hawaii with pc this past week D:
that **** was good times i think ken and pc are coming out again over winter
어서오세용 v^____^v

xyt

Smash Lord
it was a lot fo fun kenny : D
hope you get as good you want to hehe

oh btw, can you link me to that video you said you and your friends posted?
-thanks

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Hi I'm on the UC Berkeley smash crew and I'm in Korea for the summer on an internship. Would anyone happen to know if there is anyone in korea who plays, or perhaps even better a Korean equivalent to smash boards??

Someone in korea HAS to be good, lol.
UC Berkeley. dayum.

i wanted to go there, but i couldn't. =P

I am korean, now i am in Georgia tech,

but i will be in seoul during summer break.

Top Bottom