• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any info on the DK link matchup?

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone have any thoughts on this.
The guys I play with play the DK vs Link matchup a lot, and the DK player swears it's a really tough fight. But, he also says that he doesn't know why.

I was wondering if anyone had any info on this, because I'm curious myself.

Thanks!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I 2-0'd a Link on Saturday....
MEXICAN's also done well vs. GERM, but idk.

El HP

Smash Ace
Personally I think dk has a slight advantage on link since his comboing, killing and edgeguarding options are better than link's not to mention the fact that dk is faster.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
It's a tough fight for DK, but is definitely winnable. If you can play smart and don't fall into links traps, and are decent at getting around projectiles, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. DK can't really combo link all that well (at least not 0-death combos), but DK can kill link at a much lower damage than link is going to be killing DK. I have a few matches of myself against germ on final d on youtube. I won 2 of the 3, and it might help you out a little bit

Oracle

Smash Master
I find it really easy to up air combo link once you get him to around 30%. Up throw-> up airs is legit

However, you can't combo into any kill moves from up air aside from donkey punch. Keep that in mind near the end of the combo and don't get too greedy

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I find it really easy to up air combo link once you get him to around 30%. Up throw-> up airs is legit

However, you can't combo into any kill moves from up air aside from donkey punch. Keep that in mind near the end of the combo and don't get too greedy
DK's up air combo doesn't work on link...at least not from a grab. If it's working on a link that you're playing, tell him to learn to di, or sex kick or up b. If he can do any of the three, he'll escape, trust me

Top Bottom