• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any idea why K.Rool's fatness is focused upon so much in ultimate?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
the topic about his belly mechanic got me to thinking...why does K.Rool get taunts and moves that emphasize his fatness but wario and King Dedede Do Not?

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultkingdedede: also has a taunt and a N-Air that emphasizes his belly.

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because so many ballot votes said Smash needed more heavy fighters. His whole motif is "super heavyweight," down to his Classic Mode, to say nothing of his footsteps shaking the screen before his trailer. Being fat naturally ties into being heavy.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Being fat naturally ties into being heavy.
Not necessarily... muscle tissue weighs more than adipose tissue. I'm thinking that K. Rool has more of a sumo build — yes, he has quite a bit of fat on him, but most of that mass is muscle. (He even has a sumo stomp as a taunt!)

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, am I the only one disappointed with his taunts? This guy was a king, a pirate, and an evil scientist and we get A) Bowser's barking taunt, B) A belly slap, and C) A sumo leg stomp. Every other aspect of this character is so interesting, but I feel like his taunts were a huge missed opportunity.

I will give them props for making his belly slap taunt have super armor, that was a nice touch.

maybe.

Smash Cadet
Speaking of which, am I the only one disappointed with his taunts? This guy was a king, a pirate, and an evil scientist and we get A) Bowser's barking taunt, B) A belly slap, and C) A sumo leg stomp. Every other aspect of this character is so interesting, but I feel like his taunts were a huge missed opportunity.

I will give them props for making his belly slap taunt have super armor, that was a nice touch.
Completely agree his taunts are super weak.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Wario can eat his bike. If a move dedicated to him eating (and another to farting) isn't an indication of his gluttonous nature I don't know what is.
yeah but here's the thing both King Dedede and wario don't go around with this "Yo I'm Proud To Be Extra Thicc" Attitude K.Rool seems to be sporting in ultimate

everything about him just screams "I'm Fat and I Take Pride In it"

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
He's thicker than a bowl of oatmeal wait Alexa don't post that

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
some could say it's Sakurai seeing K.Rool's appearance and making the assumption that he's A Fatty King that makes it known he's a complete lardbutt

Top Bottom