• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Idea where to get a wii these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hondazoom

Smash Rookie
I've been deciding against one for the longest, until just lask week i thought to myself....."Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming out in the near future, if i dont have it when it comes out im going to kill myself". So now im looking for a Wii, i still have about 350$ in leftover xmas money and im lookin around like crazy. I'd figured it'd be easy to score one these days but i was wrong. Now for my point....

Does anyone know where i would have the highest chance of finding a Wii? (physical stores are preferred but online is okay too, JUST NO BUNDLES!!!), or any tips for getting one? all help is appreciated.

i dont wanna wait in the rain like i did for my 360...:(

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
just wait a few months until its quantity becomes average and its price decreases. it would probably be available in more colours to. buying stuff when it released is stupid if you ask me. SSBB hasnt even got a release date yet.

Foxen

Smash Rookie
you will probably get one before SSBB comes out don't worry.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you get it asap then you'll have it way before Brawl comes out, so rest easy.

Waiting outside for the Wii on launch night was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. You just need a good handful of friends and some hot chocolate.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you get it asap then you'll have it way before Brawl comes out, so rest easy.

Waiting outside for the Wii on launch night was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. You just need a good handful of friends and some hot chocolate.

Try gameboy!!!!!!!!!! But I missed the wii by 3 people :[

poor me

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Do what I did...
Wait in front of a store for 12 hours sitting in lawn chairs playing DS with my friends the day before it comes out then buy it at midnight. You'll need a time machine and some blankets though.
Rotflol...

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Figure out when a certain store's shipments of equipment come in (ex: thursdays, saturdays, etc.). Then figure out the round time (ex: around 7:00, 10:30, etc.). Put these together and wait an hour or two before this time or before the store opens. THEN RUN IN! Knock stuff over, get some jolly ranchers, buy the movie Accepted, I don't care. Just get the Wii first. Go soldier, time is money!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dont be a lame-o. Camp out.

Fierce oni: Buying a console on release day is not a stupid idea. We get to enjoy it a couple of weeks more than you so, Ha! Does having a green Wii mean so much to you? :p

Inkysoup

Smash Rookie
Well. SSBB won't be out 'til somewhere in June-whatever. So you will have a chance of getting one before then but if you want one now, I suggest camping out at best buy or circut city when you learn their shipping plans. DO NOT go to GameStop or EB Games, they screw you over like they did to my friend. Also maybe try Game Crazy.

Vibratic

Smash Cadet
I'm typing this post from a Wii!

Short and sweet answer:
Find out what day the wii shipments come in locally. The employees should know (if they choose to tell you)

I waited launch day (night) for mine. It was pretty fun.

Edit:
Unsung already said that. Oh well

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
Well. SSBB won't be out 'til somewhere in June-whatever. So you will have a chance of getting one before then but if you want one now, I suggest camping out at best buy or circut city when you learn their shipping plans. DO NOT go to GameStop or EB Games, they screw you over like they did to my friend. Also maybe try Game Crazy.
I'm gonna try and get it from Game Crazy. I'm cheap and want 12 free rentals. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom