• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any idea what happened about this with the latest version?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I haven't been able to try the latest version for a couple days, but I talked to Yes just now on AIM (Cowtipper9487 on SWF, one of the ppl I suggested for back here, and whose been winning most of the Brawl+ tourneys in the area, including the one this past weekend that some big names like M2k were at)

(1:19:40 AM) Yes: yo dude
(1:19:44 AM) ChiboSempai: yo
(1:19:52 AM) Yes: can you please fix the latest version of brawl+
(1:19:58 AM) Yes: fox got ***** so badly in it
(1:20:11 AM) ChiboSempai: what happened?
(1:20:20 AM) Yes: he falls faster so shdl has to be frame perfect now
(1:20:25 AM) Yes: dair barely combos anything
(1:20:36 AM) ChiboSempai: wow
(1:23:03 AM) Yes: like
(1:23:08 AM) Yes: i ***** on sunday
(1:23:13 AM) Yes: and try it tonite at kashif's
(1:23:22 AM) Yes: and i had to COMPLETELY change my style of play
(1:23:39 AM) Yes: only good method of approach is sh nair'ing now
(1:23:48 AM) Yes: it's not even fun anymore

Was any of this actually changed? The codeset we used at the tourney was the public beta released on 4-25, and the codeset he was just playing was the latest public beta on the nightly builds site.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Fox had some physics changes we were trying out. They were not the best received. Remind him these are beta tests and to post constructive criticism or praise of the set if he has any.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea he knows they were testing, and more just wanted to give his feedback
he posted in the main thread in the workshop (which after i made this topic i went and read through that) but was also wondering if i could post about it back here since it was a pretty big change that def needed to go

but glad to hear its being taken out. i play fox a good amount of the time in b+

shanus

Smash Hero
Please read the changelist or the other thread about it next time Chibo, a lot of posts have been about it lol

Alopex

Smash Ace
In all honesty, this didn't need its own thread. The WBR is disorganized enough as it is and it doesn't need a thread being made for every change that goes into a nightly build. Chibo, you could've brought this up in the Meeting thread and your questions would have been answered just as promptly.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Since this thread is here, anyway, I'll say this:

Fox dair should combo just fine into everything except usmash. If you can't combo with it, you're not attacking fast enough. Period. And when you even have a buffer to help you, there's really no excuse.

I really hate it that you reverted fox's dair back to 37 base, shanus. It ruins the whole point of changing it at all. In fact, right now, it's a buff, since fox doesn't have to worry about tripping you at high percents anymore. At 32 base and 50% ALR it should combo into grab, utilt, shine, jab, and dsmash, and against floaties or semi-floaties, dtilt as well. The people who can't utilt out of it just suck at timing the utilt. You have 4-6 frames of leeway on it (6-8 if you include the 2 frame buffer), which really isn't that hard to land.

shanus

Smash Hero
I just read people complaining about it, so I figured I'd try out a midpoint between 32 and 40. I can revert it no problem, but call it testing like your physics changes :p

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Meh no one liked the change, I see no reason to force it on everyone. Seems arrogant and bullheaded. My two cents...

Personally I agree with Leaf, people need to get better at timing the U-tilt. It wasn't bad.

Top Bottom