• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Hardcore Music Lovers?!?

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
Sup guys, Malcolm X here. Straight edge melee player from NE Ohio. Was wondering if there are any hardcore fans in the community! And if there are any, have you heard the new Backtrack song?

Deadsh0t

Smash Rookie
More of a 3rd gen Post Hardcore/Skramz lover, the scene is really putting out some solid **** right now.

I dig Incendiary, Code Orange Kids, Suburban Scum, Relentless, Comeback Kid, Barbarian, Converge, Crucified, Discourse, idk figured I'd just name what I have in my library.

That new Backtrack sounds sweet though, I'll have to get into them, and really scope out the Bridge 9 roster.

You should check out Exalt, they're locals in my area, you may dig.

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
I've seen Code Orange Kids soooooo many times. So good. I'll be sure to check Exalt out when I get the chance. There aren't many hardcore bands in my area. There's these guys from close around.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
is unwound really considered hardcore? the album i listened to (after spotify recommended it to me because i like melt banana, wtf?) was like all really mopey songs with slowly strummed guitar chords with apathetic guy mumbling over them. it reminded me of bands like slint and sebadoh. maybe i heard a weird album.

anyways, i have a kinda love/hate relationship with hardcore, both the music and the scene. i like the passion and the pseudo-DIY attitude that comes with a lot of hardcore bands...but I really hate the self-aggrandizing attitude that makes people blow their music way out of proportion. so many hardcore kids talk like they are changing the world and making grand statements on life and that the hardcore scene is soooo important...but really they're just playing songs.

i like bands that have hardcore aspects, but are strange and/or gimmicky enough to not be considered just hardcore. bands like Botch, HORSE the band, Heavy Heavy Low Low, Melt Banana, Retox, Full of Hell, Rolo Tomassi, etc.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
is unwound really considered hardcore? the album i listened to (after spotify recommended it to me because i like melt banana, wtf?) was like all really mopey songs with slowly strummed guitar chords with apathetic guy mumbling over them. it reminded me of bands like slint and sebadoh. maybe i heard a weird album..
Their early work is hardcore, but Leaves Turn Inside You (which is probably what you heard) is more post-rock/art rock.

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
Yo that Exalt song was sick as **** dude. Some of my favorite hardcore bands are Code Orange Kids, Expire, Twitching Tongues, Real Talk, Wrong Answer, Agitator, and No Warning.

Top Bottom