• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Good Way to Beat Rosalina as Lucas?

PK_Lunar_π_03

Smash Cadet
Anyway to beat Rosalina as Lucas? Like against a good Rosalina player I can't Grab because of luma, and if I get hit off stage with out a second jump I have to pk thunder and Rosalina just Down B's my Recovery and I die. Any Tips for Lucas vs Rosalina Matchup?

rainsaint

Smash Rookie
PK Fire and Zair. Abuse them. PK fire disrupts Luma and Zair opens her up for grabs and a plethora of follow ups. Mix up your recovery. You have a tether so you're not forced to PK Thunder overtime you recover.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I only play random fg rosas so take what you will from this, but these are a few of the things i have noticed.

- Even if you do need pkt to recover you can go all the way to the blast zone and still make it the ledge, it's unlikely that rosa will follow you all the way out there to grav your recovery.

- Pk fire is just awesome in this mu, abuse the hell out of it. Even if she gravs it she doesn't get a hitbox so it's a stalemate at worst, or a free punish for you at best.

- She is extremely gimpable. Dair was made for recoveries like hers. Pkt sortof works if she has a jump left or you get a stage spike, but dair is the weapon of choice.

-She can shield pk freeze but luma can't.

The main thing that seems to help with this mu is how vulnerable luma is. It's really easy to bully him in this mu.

Last edited:

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Z-air while approaching. Hitting Luma with any sort of knockback move takes it out of commission for a while, use this chance to get your grab or whatever you need to do.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
Recover high. Use your second jump while being launched if you really want to be safe, then aim your PK Thunder towards the stage. Worst-case scenario, you'll just eat a Fair to the face, but that'll let you use your trusty ol' Rope Snake to tether recover.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Pk Fire, and a lot of it. Abuse Luma and force Rosalina to approach. Luma has no shield, so roast him alive while Rosalina looks on in horror. Also use Rope Snake a lot, for it is almighty. Kick Rosa in the face while she's trying to recover. Recover with DJ and tether when you can; if you must use PKT, then use it from a distance so she doesn't kill you. Mix-up recovery in general: sometimes recover high, if you can. Rosa's especially vulnerable to vertical KOs, so kill her w/ d-throw>u-air. Don't fish too hard for combos, because she can be difficult to get true combos on or grab. Don't try to absorb default side-b, because it's a disjoint; the custom Falco laser one is absorbable.

In summary, spam PK Fire until you see the victory screen. And be sure to yell out "PK FIRE" irl every time you use the move.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Your goal against Rosalina as lucas should be to powershield and punish as much as you can. She's got a lot of cooldown on her attacks, so powershield and start up a combo on her. It is imperative you learn her weight to get as much damage off a combo as you can on her because she has quite an advantage during the nuetral game. I would say in this matchup really master what combos you can do on her and never mess up an opportunity to combo for as much % as you can get.

Last edited:

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Adding on to previous tips: b reverse psi mag can be a great way to confuse Rosa when she tries to get her uairs on you. If you end up b reversing to the other side of her you can follow with a bair in most situations

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97
what do you once luma's gone? I've never faced a rosalina so i don't know, but i have heard that some rosalinas stay away until she gets another luma.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
what do you once luma's gone? I've never faced a rosalina so i don't know, but i have heard that some rosalinas stay away until she gets another luma.
With Luma out of the way you can rush her down a little better by using nair. Her wand jab has very small range in front of her, f-tilt doesn't hit very high and she can't angle it, and up tilt only hits above her so the diagonal space right in front of her space is wide open for you to come in with a nair, since the best she can do is up smash, which requires her to overcommit. She'll probably try to roll out of the situation, but then it's just a matter of reading her roll and grabbing, or just throwing out a PK Fire to catch her at the end of it. If you land the grab, Rosalina dies fairly early to d-throw up air because she's so light. Basically just rush her down once Luma is out.

Top Bottom