• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any good tips for fighting toon link?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
when he does a projectile jump over it and jolt back. Down smash when he gets near you but only as a defensive manuvere. Don't use it for offense. Watch for his bair as it excellent for comboing you to high percents. Watch for down air spike if he's good at it. dashing up smash will kill you if you're not careful. But yours can kill when followed with a well aimmed thunder. His forward smash is something to watch out for, as its 2nd strike is lethal by 90%. Keep pressure with jolt approachs. Jolt then rush at him cause he has to deal with the jolt first. and be careful to not get hit by his uair, that just is too dangerous for pika to be hit by. I hope i helped. Just don't be discouraged when things loook bleak.

gallax

Smash Hero
the only way i can effectively put up a fight against TL is to thunderjolt diagonally at him and QAC around him to play mindgames. if i get in close his sword punishes me. the range is amazing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
your forward smash out ranges his sword. Down smash is a pain. So try shield dashing his sword attacks to a grab or jab or tilt. his shield grab though is annoying as hell >.>

aerials work but like you said he has range. You just have to out maneuver him. You have to shield a lot against TL in my opinion.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
If you manage to launch him and he does a Dair Stall, (some advanced tech where he hovers in midair for a bit. Check those forums for details on it.) Then QAC over and Thunder his ***. Being a lot closer to the cloud makes him get hit sooner. :D

Top Bottom