• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Doc fans at all?

amann78

Smash Rookie
I realize his chances are slim to nil to make a return, but is anyone else hoping and praying he's an alternate costume for Mario? I realize Wario is the "only character with an alternate outfit," but it's the last glimmer of hope I have to hold onto. Just wondering if there are any Doc fans out there.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm also a fan of the doctor... for a good while he was my best/favorite character, to the extent that my nickname in Melee was "DOC". I'd be disappointed if he didn't make a return (which it's looking like), but not terribly so -- there are more than enough amazing characters already confirmed to keep me happy.

S2

Smash Lord
I love Doc, much more than regular Mario.

But I doubt he'll return. He really should though, how much work could he be? I'd even be happy if they just cut and pasted his Melee model in. Plus we'd have his old Down-B, which is good for recovery.

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
I think its safe to say R.I.P. Doctor Mario at this point, from the looks of it, although not set in stone, there will be no clones in brawl. I think its unlikely that he will be an alt costume of Mario, because it would of been revealed at the demo. Not to mention that the Dojo says that "Wario alone is special" which probably means Wario is the only character getting an alternate costume that does something besides change the color scheme.

Who knows though, nothing is for sure. Japan gets the game in a few days so we'll have to find out then.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
my younger brother is a huge Doctor Mario fan, but hes accepted the fact that he probably wont return. hes fine with playing standard Mario or some other character(s).

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Well, I now play as Doc quite often in Melee, but I don't except, or even want him to retunr really. I think it's safe to say he's not returning, even though I liked him a lot more than Mario in Melee, and he's one of my 7 mains.(lol) I don't think he deservesd a spot in Brawl, truthfully.

amann78

Smash Rookie
I believe he deserves a spot in brawl. As stated, it's not looking very good at all. Thanks for the input. We'll find out for sure in a couple of days.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i dont think he should be an alt costume for Mario, i never liked Daisy being an alt costume for Peach in melee, dont really know why. but he could well be an assist trophy, i think thats the best we can hope for for Dr Mario.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to wear a black armband when I play as Mario instead of Doc. :(

Doc's aerial moves were so much better than Mario's, he really had some great finishers, and the B-air was devastating. Plus the fact that the Doc was/is so cool.

DQP

Smash Ace
jiggs will forever be my main, but doc is my second. i know his chances are slim to nil, but i still want him in. as a matter of fact i would like all clones in brawl, especially ganon.

amann78

Smash Rookie
You can't beat the pill either. What a great character. I will be upset if he's not in, but will probably settle for Mario. Let's go Doc, hopefully Sakuri shocks almost everybody yet again.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan, per se, but I support him returning (as well as every other Melee character).

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
ill probably get jumped on for this, but i never really thought Doctor Mario warranted a spot in SSBM, let alone returning in SSBB. an alt costume for Mario is good enough, hes really not unique enough to be his own character, in my opinion.

Top Bottom