• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any changes in 1.1?

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
Unless I'm mistaken about her f-air pre-patch it did 7 damage (based on some old data I saved; it may have done 7 prior to 1.08); now it does 8. All other attacks do the same damage as before, and seem to have the same startup and end frames. Her air speed LOOKS to me a little faster (not much), but that might be my imagination.

EDITED: Her d-throw might have been slightly adjusted for u-air to combo slightly easier, but again looks can be deceiving. Grab buffed ever so slightly?

SECOND EDIT: Data mining has confirmed what I suspected about her d-tilt and s-tilt: they are both buffed a bit.

Last edited:

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
Unless I'm mistaken about her f-air pre-patch it did 7 damage (based on some old data I saved; it may have done 7 prior to 1.08); now it does 8. All other attacks do the same damage as before, and seem to have the same startup and end frames. Her air speed LOOKS to me a little faster (not much), but that might be my imagination.

EDITED: Her d-throw might have been slightly adjusted for u-air to combo slightly easier, but again looks can be deceiving. Grab buffed ever so slightly?

SECOND EDIT: Data mining has confirmed what I suspected about her d-tilt and s-tilt: they are both buffed a bit.
Sweet. It might also be me, but it feels like she does more knockback.

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
Sweet. It might also be me, but it feels like she does more knockback.
I don't know what move you're referring to, but I checked at least most of the important kill moves and they KO at the same percentage as patch 1.09
I did not test special moves, but according to a few reliable sources I've found it seems they're unchanged. That's a bummer, because I was hoping for some buffs there.

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
I don't know what move you're referring to, but I checked at least most of the important kill moves and they KO at the same percentage as patch 1.09
I did not test special moves, but according to a few reliable sources I've found it seems they're unchanged. That's a bummer, because I was hoping for some buffs there.
Just, everything seems to knock them back more.
As I said, might just be me.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
Well then change the name of the Thread into something like patch discussion.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Palutena's grab total frames reduced by 2 frames, from 33 -> 31.

Palutena's dash grab total frames reduced by 2 frames, from 41 -> 39.

Palutena's pivot grab total frames reduced by 2 frames, from 38 -> 36.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
From what I can see all grabs got nerfed?

Grab from 34 >35
Dash grab 42 >44
Pivot 40 >49

I haven't tested it out just yet though.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
????????????????????

Everyone else has been saying they've been buffed. Even people who tested the two versions side-by-side say they're faster.

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
I can't believe the smash team would make her grab worse. Assuming they are slightly faster (which they looked it to me), every little bit helps.

AaronSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Down throw (x-air) combos at seemingly any percent.... at 110+ a grab is essentially a confirmed kill with up air... it's a little absurd but I'm enjoying it.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
you can read the general thread (Miracle of Light) for our discussion on the patch, but here's what we found by reading the data:

- F-tilt changed from 3 hits to 2 hits, the hitbox is bigger and the knockback was lowered allowing the hits to connect easier. both hits do 6%, instead of 6+4+6%. (on paper it looks like there's less damage now, but keep in mind that all 3 hits would RARELY ever happen) (also it seems like there's still a 4% hitbox, but I've only seen it do 6 now)
-D-tilt hitbox got bigger, it can now hit someone on the ledge
-N-air's multi-hit hitboxes got bigger (the final hitbox seems unchanged)
-F-air 7% -> 8% (and yes it kills a tiny bit earlier but that's because damage influences knockback; the move's base knockback and knockback growth properties are unchanged)
-It seems like everyone's rolls were shortened by a frame or two, but her's were shortened slightly more; spot dodge was shortened by around 9 frames I think. Her air dodge was lengthened by 3 frames
-All of her grabs were changed somehow, but we couldn't figure out what the change was from the data

Miniscule buffs here and there. The n-air and f-air buff are good for her grab game; the nair hitboxes getting bigger should make it slightly easier to follow up with it after a dthrow, and the fair buff will make it a little less of a detriment when you have to use fair instead of nair.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The following notes in Dantarion's data dump make it seem like there's actually more endlag on her grabs:

Grab:
@@ -1 +1 @@
-'{1, 0, IASA?=34, 0, 0, 0}'
+'{1, 0, IASA?=35, 0, 0, 0}'

Dash Grab:
@@ -1 +1 @@
-'{1, 0, IASA?=42, 0, 0, 0}'
+'{1, 0, IASA?=44, 0, 0, 0}'

Pivot Grab:
@@ -1 +1 @@
-'{1, 0, IASA?=40, 0, 0, 0}'
+'{1, 0, IASA?=49, 0, 0, 0}'