• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any chance of Phantom Slash for PM: Zelda?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I know this is a stretch, but do you think the PM crew will ever adapt to what Smash 4 is offering and make an optional build with Zelda/Sheik having their new specials?

I'd like to get accustomed to the new idea.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I think separating them and giving them one or two new moves has been a consideration for a while, but now that Smash 4 has done so, you'd have to consider licensing issues with Nintendo. If you're looking for a direct imitation of Smash 4's new moves for Zelda and Sheik, there's slim chance of that happening. Also, given that there's also a community that prefers them together, they'd probably want to keep the Sheilda in the only game that makes Zelda a legitimate character.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think separating them and giving them one or two new moves has been a consideration for a while, but now that Smash 4 has done so, you'd have to consider licensing issues with Nintendo. If you're looking for a direct imitation of Smash 4's new moves for Zelda and Sheik, there's slim chance of that happening. Also, given that there's also a community that prefers them together, they'd probably want to the Sheilda in the only game that makes Zelda a legitimate character.
I don't see how licensing issues would be that much of a problem since PM: is completely illegal if I'm not mistaken...

And I'm not saying an exact imitation. I just think it would be nice to have an optimal build to maybe eventually integrate. Plus the new moves seem to be extremely useful, especially Zelda's.

High hopes, I guess.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how licensing issues would be that much of a problem since PM: is completely illegal if I'm not mistaken...

And I'm not saying an exact imitation. I just think it would be nice to have an optimal build to maybe eventually integrate. Plus the new moves seem to be extremely useful, especially Zelda's.

High hopes, I guess.
PM isn't being sold for profit, and can only be used with a purchased and endorsed copy of Nintendo Merchandise. Project M is not illegal, but not endorsed by Nintendo. It is fan-made, and is as legal as this website using the names of nintendo merchandise.

Whether PM will follow in Smash 4's footsteps has yet to be seen, as it is a mod of the previous generation game.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
At this point, no. Not without having to weaken just about every other part of her to make up for the powerhouse the PMBR could make this move.

I think they want to keep transform, and it would be a lot of trouble to make the move, and re-balance Zelda too.

There's also a thing about copying SSB4 the PMBR doesn't want to do. You know...

Top Bottom