• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anti sheik stages?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
hey could anyone tell me what some of the anti sheik stages would be?help would be greatly appretiated.write back asap

Randizzle

Smash Ace
my experience is that sheik plays fairly well on battlefield. I can't think of anything about that stage that really hurts sheik at all. Plus, still assuming that we're talking about falco, sheik gimps falco and edgeguards on that stage very well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
For Falco, FD is probably the best counterpick against Sheik you can get. I honestly can't think of much else.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
A good Falco can pwn almost anything shiek can do, and IMO Final Destination is the best level for falco so id go with FD.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Battlefield is pretty bad for Shiek IMO.
Battlefield is arguably Sheik's best stage. All those platforms, bigger than Yoshi's Story and smaller than Dreamland 64, and plenty of room off the sides. It's awesome.

Bad stages for Sheik, imo, are DK64 and Mute City. Maybe Rainbow Cruise. But yea, if you play Falco counterpick FD. If FD is banned, then I don't know.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I personally don't like Pokemon Stadium when I'm play Sheik.

You can't Short hop underneath the platforms.... T_T

Det

Smash Cadet
As a Sheik, against a Falco, I will ban Final Destination, everytime. That in general is probably my least favorite level, other than perhaps against Marth, in which case it's one of the levels I'd rather be at.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
battlefield is good for sheik, but when playing against marth, it kind of hurts. marth's sword can reach through the lower platforms when he's standing below you. for playing against marth, i prefer using dreamland 64. the platforms do the same thing as battlefield, but they are bigger platforms, so a repeated utilt/ftilt barrage from below a platform is easier to dodge.

also, i agree with the fact that falco does well against sheik on FD, thats definitely true for me too.

~Kenpachi

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
What levels are good and bad against Samus???
I am working on my Samus Stage selection and i want to make sure i got all the stages right for Samus vs Sheik(Check sig for the link)
Thanks!

Redragon

Me14k

Smash Lord
its tough to couter pick sheik...go with advantageous levels for you character.

-its hard to sweetspot edge on DK64...make edge gaurding a little easier for you...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
It depends on your character, your playstyle, and the Sheik's playstyle. I've seen Sheiks that I'd be better off counterpicking a small stage, and some i'd be better off counterpicking a large stage, even if i remain the same character, all because of their playstyle. Do they chaingrab a lot? Ban FD. Do they move on platforms well? Ban Fountain. When in doubt, just play on your best stage against them (or second best if they banned your best).

Drecker

Smash Ace
DK64 is the only level I have a really hard time with, because as Me14k said, it's a ***** to sweetspot the ledges.

Top Bottom