• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Ganon Stuff

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So a player in my group that is also a Marth main, and whom I feel is overall better than me, seems to struggle with the Ganon matchup. He recently lost to a Ganon main that I had absolutely no problems with (3 stocked in the two matches we played, granted they were friendlies) and I intend to teach him how to go about winning this matchup.

The problem is, I used to have a huge problem with Ganon until the last year or so (basically when I switched to the Mow + Dr Peepee playstyle), and now I just sorta crush all of the Ganon's I play (there aren't many ganon's in the north of Sweden, so I'm not claiming to be particularly amazing at this matchup at all). I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing that has led to this, although I have some good ideas as to why. In any case, it would be easier to teach this player how to handle Ganon if other people could help me identify what are good anti-Ganon strategies, tips, etc.

So far my plan in regards to teaching this player what to do are as follows:

1: Really work on your dash dancing and spacing. Identify the most comfortable space to be at that is as close as possible to Marth's optimal range.

2: Do not jump unless it is a followup to a hit or some kind of counter against the Ganon's aerial attack.

3: Don't use dash attack. (This guy likes the dash attack, or at least he did very recently.)

4: Use only safe pokes in neutral and approach more with movement than with any sort of attack.

Aside from this, I got nothing. If you guys have any more tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I apologise, this post was meant for the melee marth boards. If possible, could a mod remove this thread?

Top Bottom