• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another video for the masses

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I took notes, so I may sound repetitive or schizophrenic with these. I generally wrote these down as I noticed patterns in your play.

Don't use grab so much in this match-up. Your throws aren't really very useful.

If you're chasing your opponent off the stage, and run out of jumps, recover with Flip Jump if you can. It gets you on the stage faster.

You can be fairly agressive when edgeguarding ROB once he's started with the Robo Burner. Use Plasma Whip instead of aerials, though. It out-ranges his aerials.

Fair's a decent move, but it's not an all purpose move against people who are in front of you. It doesn't cover the space below you very well. Nair is better for that.

Use uair more. There are a lot of times when it actually would have been better than fair. Fair is good for KOs, and beating ooponents who are in the high side of in front of you, but even if they're in that spot, uair is better if fair is not going to KO.

Usually, if you land a dsmash on a grounded opponent, you can get another dsmash for massive damage. Against ROB, you can technically infinite, but if you haven't learned that, it's cool. I haven't either. Definitely learn how to follow up dsmashes, though. Dsmash x2 -> aerial is pretty good.

Uthrow? Really? I guess if you wanted the 11%... I would have used fthrow, personally. Uthrow's pretty bad.

SERIOUSLY, moar uair. It's better in most of the cases you use other aerials for, like cross-ups, approaches, punishes. I could probably count the uairs you used on one hand. That's... not really good use of the move.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
To me it seemed like you haven't learned how to SH consistently yet. ZSS's fullhop is so big that you really have to learn how to do it every time, or you're slowing yourself down and not taking advantage of her amazing aerial game.

I was under the impression that this was a wifi match when I was watching it, because there were a lot of times where you just randomly threw out up bs, nairs, grabs, when you didn't have a chance of hitting with them.

Basically streamline your gameplay.

love the firemblem theme though :)

FK1

Smash Journeyman
You're using Fair/Bair too much without setting up for in any way. And, that, sir, is leaving you wide open. Also, did you use the forward B at all? It's good...trust me. Also...don't chase off the stage unless you know you can do something. It's not hard to gimp ZSS once you've used your 2nd jump. Of course....you shouldn't get gimped...often.

Hence

Smash Ace
I was under the impression that this was a wifi match when I was watching it
This.

Things I noticed:
Predictable recovery - Full hop ledge jump, which is REALLY punishable as ZSS.
Predictable approaches - Either random F-Air spam or Dash Attack.
Few (if any) attempts to juggle.
Seeming random grab attempts and poor decision making with throws.
Bad DI.
Cycling the same failed attacks in the same situations (faulty troubleshooting).

I'm awfully optimistic but I don't care because it looks to be Wi-Fi.

Blade1844

Smash Apprentice
To me it seemed like you haven't learned how to SH consistently yet. ZSS's fullhop is so big that you really have to learn how to do it every time, or you're slowing yourself down and not taking advantage of her amazing aerial game.

I was under the impression that this was a wifi match when I was watching it, because there were a lot of times where you just randomly threw out up bs, nairs, grabs, when you didn't have a chance of hitting with them.

Basically streamline your gameplay.

love the firemblem theme though :)
Looking back at the video....which is offline.... I may have gotten a little over excited and threw out various attacks...

Streamlining is something I need to do. I can consistently SH, but I need to consistently think about SH if that makes any sense.

Keep the critiques coming, this is my favorite part of the boards.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Am I qualified to do this Lol?
Anyways, I'm going to be repetitive here and say maor Uair. I think Zero was the one who said it, ZSS's Uair is the Tornado of aerials.
Remember that Bair is a killing move and you could've almost used it instead of Fair just to keep your Fair slightly less stale.
Learn some Dsmash combos, they're fun, look flashy and are effective.

I didn't like your (non)use of Side-b, its a fairly safe edgeguard against ROB and considering how repetitive your attacks were getting it would've been a good option as a mixup for spacing.
Don't use Bthrow so much, weak damage, no set-up potential. Use Fthrow and maybe Dthrow if you can be bothered trying to read airdodges.

Get better at punishing OoS, and very importantly, use Up-B as soon as you jump while recovering it nets you more height.

noradseven

Smash Lord
learn how to fast fall and do aireals at the same time it gives you a few extra frames on block advantage. -Do this after following the advice of the ppl above it. ZSS has a decent shorthop, and a huge fulljump(great for verticle chasing and escaping)

But you really need to be able to shorthop all the time
Learn to shorthop fast fall with b-air/n-air all day, and your spacing will improve dramatically (note thats not all you should be doing but it is 2 more pivotal safe pokes and trust me ZSS needs more of these.)

Also about reading airdodges for a d-toss chase, which kinda rules in the rob match, basically jump up to there height and get ready for them to either immediately dodge or attack, and punish accordingly, plus almost no US players wait to see what you will do.

I don't use f-toss unless I am near and edge or have a chaingrab really, its still her second best toss by far though. Also at low damages because a quick f-air can be great at low damages on floaties.

Blade1844

Smash Apprentice
alright, will do.

Thanks guys and I'll be seeing you at HERB 2 Norad!

Top Bottom