• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Super Smash Bros. 4 Rumor?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So your telling me Metroid after all these years and past smashes that metroid doesnt deserve a 2nd rep?

Or that it does but not Ridley? Then who?

You do know thats like saying
Imagine if bowser was never in any smash and the demand for him was through the roof!

And come Sm4sh they dont include him..or put in King Boo or Petey Piranna instead..

Thats how Ridiculous it is/Would be....

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just asking/wondering..

People bash Miyamto and Sakurai...

So who at Nintendo currently/generally is resepected considered ''Good''?

Sakurai is a great developer. You really only hear him cursed here because he made Brawl the way SmashBoards didn't want (but everyone else was fine with it).

Most developers in Nintendo are bad now, sadly. At least all the ones you'd know by name.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I perfectly respect Sakurai for what he does regardless, but he's not god. He's just another man, so of course he will make mistakes. It's a natural thing with pretty much anyone, and of course people learn from their mistakes and try to improve.

Yes, even Sakamoto could learn from his mistakes and could improve.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So your telling me Metroid after all these years and past smashes that metroid doesnt deserve a 2nd rep?

Or that it does but not Ridley? Then who?

You do know thats like saying
Imagine if bowser was never in any smash and the demand for him was through the roof!

And come Sm4sh they dont include him..or put in King Boo or Petey Piranna instead..

Thats how Ridiculous it is/Would be....

Like it or not, Metroid did get a second rep: Zero Suit Samus.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I perfectly respect Sakurai for what he does regardless, but he's not god. He's just another man, so of course he will make mistakes. It's a natural thing with pretty much anyone, and of course people learn from their mistakes and try to improve.

Yes, even Sakamoto could learn from his mistakes and could improve.
I agree with this.

So is the next showing of the Nintendo Direct on the 31st January?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's what the rumor says..the same rumor that said Ridley is playable but in his Other M Evolution..

If there is indeed a Sm4sh direct on Jan.31st im afraid that atrocious idea of Ridley could be true..

I Rather no Ridley then White creepy Chicken or Komodo dragon Ridley...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
ZSS counts as much as a 2nd Metroid rep then Sheik does to Zelda..

Hell..its even worse actually...

So is that a yes or no? Sakurai does count Sheik, Zero Suit Samus and the pokemon trainers Pokemon as separate characters so technically Metroid did get a second rep in Brawl.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah but its litreally the poorest excuse for a metroid 2nd rep no doubt..But a 2nd Rep none the less..

When i used to play as samus in brawl i purposly didnt get the smash ball because of this...(-_-)

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd rather Sakurai just do away with transformations altogether. Make Zelda and Sheik separate, Samus and ZSS separate, and do whatever with Pokemon Trainer.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He could..but the only reason that i can think why he couldnt is because.

Zelda needs sheik.. or they could just make her better guess...

The roster would look to big...

Shirekeldeo7

Smash Cadet
All i can say is i want Young Link and Keldeo as a pokemon choice

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android

dezeray112

Smash Hero
On today's Nintendo Direct, Mr Iwata confirmed that there will be SSB4 news at this year's E3 event.

So is it safe to say, that what the claimed Namco worker stated is indeed false?

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has announced that development on Super Smash Bros. 4 for the 3DS and Wii U is going well. But he also said that Director Masahiro Sakurai needs a little more time before he’s comfortable showing the game to the public. But we won’t have to wait very long to get our first glimpse of the smashing.

Iwata confirmed that the first screenshots and details from Super Smash Bros. 4 will be available at this year’s E3 Expo. Without confirmation of a playable demo, it’s unlikely that Super Smash Bros. 4 will make its way into stores this year. But we’re one step closer at least.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
Anyway, after this I think it's pretty much confirmed that Toon Link isn't going to get cut.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The part I'm interesting in is the fact that Yoshi Wii U was infact announced. I'm still skeptical, but there might be some meat to this rumor after all, at least now. Although the assessment about the Nintendo Direct on Jan. 31st was off. Yep.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
The part I'm interesting in is the fact that Yoshi Wii U was infact announced. I'm still skeptical, but there might be some meat to this rumor after all, at least now.
Not at all. Coincidence is hardly evidence. You also can't rule out the possibility Yoshi WiiU info leaked within certain circles and some loser decided to run with it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not at all. Coincidence is hardly evidence. You also can't rule out the possibility Yoshi WiiU info leaked within certain circles and some loser decided to run with it.
No, no, you're entirely correct. Really this is me projecting my own hope that most of this rumor is true, even if it's coincidence. The guy listed all my picks there!

But you're right that I think the Yoshi rumors popped up several places prior. Ah well!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Yoshi game was discovered to be in work WAY BEFORE THIS RUMOR WAS ANNOUNCED! People hacked the WiiU debug stuff, and found stuff on the potential new Yoshi game content, along with Final Fantasy and Resident Evil game stuff (this was back in late November). Get off this rumor; it's supported by pre-conceived evidence. However, if actual new information like this adds up, then we can gradually start giving this rumor some credit.

I doubt we're gonna get any concretely confirmed rumors until 2014 or 2015 to be entirely honest. The real Brawl roster leak only happened 6 months before it was released.
Because some people are just too gullible to not fall for an obviously fake rumor time after time again.

I guarantee you that no leak before E3 2013 will be true.
The only rumors pre-E3 2013 I could see being true are rumors within 2 weeks of it. But even then, let's not jump ship on those.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@JohnKnight
Don't forget that online stores like Best Buy also had a Yoshi Wii U game listed online for a while before they were taken down. Had these rumors told us that there would be a yarn art style to it, there would have been much more legitimacy to the rumor.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ That, too. After Best Buy had that issue, Game Stop had another similar situation with that game.

That and various people at Nintendo (including one of the top producers) have quirked about a new Yoshi game that may or may not have been in development since last spring! Literally, the "new Yoshi game" coming out was a foregone conclusion over half a year ago, much like the next 3D Zelda game, the next 3D Mario game, and Retro making either a Star Fox, Metroid, or Donkey Kong Country game.

Now if this rumor said a Wind Waker remake was coming out... :laugh:

No really. Think about it. Smash WiiU (and maybe Smash 3DS) will probably use a modified version the Toon Link model from the Wind Waker remake in Brawl, much like what they did with the Twilight Princess models of Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf. So, because of that (if my hypothesis is indeed true), the people involved with development would either know, figure, or assume that something involving the Wind Waker or a cel-shaded Wind Waker-esk Zelda game was nearing completion, given the imported models.

If the rumor said that, it would easily add up. So, I guess this goes to prove that Sakurai still most likely has a lid on things, which of course is par for the course. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope you're not implying that they reused models for the characters in Smash, right?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well, there goes my face turning all red again. Someone get a bag over my head, stat! I can't afford to have people see my crimson complexion!

But seeing as Yoshi's Epic Yarn has been revealed and Debu is nowhere to be seen, along with the fact that we won't be seeing any Smash 'til E3, this myth is officially debunked. I'm glad we got real SSB4 news, but I'm actually sad that this rumor didn't turn out to be true.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope you're not implying that they reused models for the characters in Smash, right?
I'm talking about using them as either a base or using them and modifying them. You can't tell me that the models used/made for Twilight Princess for those 4 Zelda characters weren't ported over for Brawl and modified. That's a lot cheaper than making new models from scratch, and it also saves time. Still, even if a model is reused, it's not like it can't be heavily modified. As a business major, I can tell you I like that idea (saving money on work largely done), whereas an art major would not (less original-ish). :laugh:
Well, there goes my face turning all red again. Someone get a bag over my head, stat! I can't afford to have people see my crimson complexion!
I am invisible to you, regardless of the bag or not, because I am an entity of mystery... like a real woman. :woman:
But seeing as Yoshi's Epic Yarn has been revealed and Debu is nowhere to be seen, along with the fact that we won't be seeing any Smash 'til E3, this myth is officially debunked. I'm glad we got real SSB4 news, but I'm actually sad that this rumor didn't turn out to be true.
Yeah, that red Yoshi didn't show up, and I doubt Sakurai would be that unoriginal anyways. All of his clones thus far have been more intuitive than that.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The only time the smash team imports another games character models is for Trophies. Or Pokeball Pokemon and assist trophies. That's why the trophies weren't as cool in Brawl as they were in Melee. In Melee they were unique and pretty in Brawl they were ugly model rips.

Nintendo uses the same character models for the same franchise. Mario in Mario Party is the same as Mario in Mario Galaxy. Those main line games and spin offs do not go to Smash Bros I can guarantee you.

Mario in smash is no where near the same Mario in Galaxy and Sunshine, same for Link and especially guys like Bowser or Donkey Kong.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Romance at the Dawn (my favorite soap opera love story about 7/11 workers)
Brawl had Melee file rips on the game; hence the Pichu data files that weren't changed at all. Sakurai confirmed that Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS have had data ported to them from Brawl. The models are definitely going to get throw out, but much of the animations, statistics, and effects will probably just be modified.

Also take into consideration that much of Sheik's, Zelda's, Ganondorf's, and Link's overall design and moveset was made by the Twilight Princess team. In fact, Sakurai stated he never worked on Link, stating he was mostly worked on by the Twilight Princess development team.

All the other playable characters, bosses, and many NPC's and item-related characters have original models in Brawl, definitely.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
TLOZ: Majora's Mask (I so love that game) taught me that recycling models is not such a bad idea.
But when they are moved to a superior system, a minimum of refining is legitimately expected.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's very little in this rumour that I'm not really expecting though. Shulk and Ghirahim seem like shoe-ins to me. Little Mac and Takumaru also seem to be very likely additions.

Even if this rumour is fake I could still see a lot of it becoming reality. There's nothing overly implausible about it. (except maybe this Debu character from the yoshi game)

Top Bottom