• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another question

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

I was watching this guy's brawl video about techniques for different characters. Then about half way through the vid, he was shiek and did a technique on Yoshi's Island that I have never seen before. He jumped and slid half way across the stage with a down smash. I didn't see anything about this on the stickies, so I was wondering if you guys know anything about this and how to do this. If this is old news, then sorry for wasting your time :ohwell:.

Here is the vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Dj9UiUgGE 2:01 - 2:05

demodemo

Smash Ace
characters who can crawl can sort of do this pseudo wavedash when they crawl forward a bit, then press back and release.

it is extremely impractical due to the number of frames in crouching/crawling and how you barely move at all

however, on slants (like yoshi's island) the effect is magnified greatly. what he did there was the "crawl dash" and did a dsmash.

cool vid btw, that mario cape thing is cool, never seen it before

edit: lol i just realized i didnt answer your question. yes, this has been brought up before, i think the thread was by god-is-my-rock somewhere here...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Now that I seen a sliding dsmash I can't help but wonder....

I wonder if you can also do this on more then just yoshis ground floor.

Like maybe it's possible to pull it off on slated platforms as well or even other stages really like...

Castle Siege
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise?

Those are a few levels I can think of right now with slants in them. IF you can do this on more then this just one level I can see some nice surprise tactics for this

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Im fairly certain it's performable on any slant, with the more 'severe' the slant, the greater the distance covered. As of yet, no one's used it practically except for WTFing people between stocks.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble trying to do this. Will someone please tell me how to do this?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I was told in the original thread discovery of this, that you jump onto the edge of the stage (Yoshi's Island) and crawl backwards as soon as you land, and letting go in the same second gives the sliding effect. The person described it as a slingshot effect. The faster you go towards the edge, the farther back you will slide. I know this sounds confusing, I can't explain it very well. But try to understand it and then look at the video again.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Blistering Speed called it useless in the original find... I agreed. Now seeing that you can Dsmash out of it... and sliding that far and fast... excellent surprise attack opprotunity IMO. I cant get it to work though. ugh.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Exactly what I was thinking. It's a great surprise attack and it covers a lot of distance.

By the way, I understood what you said FrozenFire13. Thanks =)

Top Bottom