• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another little spindash trick

J18

Smash Journeyman
If you're using a GC controller with the normal set-up, here's a little trick you can do with sonic's <B spindash.

Start up your spindash with <B (on the ground), and immediately after doing so, press any direction on the C-stick (if set to smashes) and your spindash will rise straight up vertically to more or less the height of a regular jump

You can also DI your spindash while doing this, and you can cancel it with a jump, or aerials if wanted. It does damage if you can connect with it, but it's not very useful as far as i know, but it can be kinda trippy for your opponent. What i do know is that it can't be done mid-air, at least with what i've tried.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You can also just press up, and use this to go into his infinite jump. I'm confused as to how this stuff gets bumped, while the thread I made with something that SERIOUSLY helps Sonic is quickly falling off the page.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Lol @ Zeal.

J18, you can do this with the classic controller too with a normal set up. While holding b you push up on the control stick and this will happen. I guess not everyone knows about it though >.>

J18

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys, didn't know everyone knew about it already.
@ Zeal, sorry for...taking up space?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
if you are trying to land a somewhate sneaky abck air on someone for a kill. side b facing AWAY formt he opponent, and then di toward them. come out of the ball into a back air

if you only use this on occassion it can really cacth people off gaurd.

i generally use it once or twice a match, i find it useful.

Top Bottom