• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another homophobic christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I'm a Christian, and I'm taught to respect people (treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated). Also, homosexuality isn't said to be bad in the Bible either, it merely says that men should not sleep with other men.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I'm a Christian, and I'm taught to respect people (treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated). Also, homosexuality isn't said to be bad in the Bible either, it merely says that men should not sleep with other men.
So are you saying that it is ok to be gay, just not have sex with other men?

Can you get married to a man and not have sex?
Can you stay celibate all your life and still get into heaven?

Not saying you are wrong I am just very curious.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I'm not saying anything. I'm merely pointing out that it's not stated that being gay is bad.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Oh.

Well somebody please answer my question please lol.
I was taught that being homosexual itself is a sin, but after becoming old enough to think for myself, I began to believe otherwise. I would say that being homo isnt a sin. :psycho:

But then again, I havent been a christian in years...ahaha, so what do i know?

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Leviticus 20:13a

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.

Yes, the Bible does say that homosexuality is bad. And for your information, homosexuality IS sleeping with other people of the same sex. It's impossible to be homosexual yet not have sex with others of the same gender. That would be considered brotherly love, the kind of love we need to exhibit to everyone, even strangers. Or it would be sexism or simply dumb perversion, but let's not go into that.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I meant:

Exactly why is it an abomination to sleep with one of the same gender? Yes, the Bible says so, but that honestly doesn't matter to me if it doesn't say why it's bad. Saying, "Lol don't do this," and not giving a reason is pretty unconvincing.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
No. What would be the point of marriage, then? Marriage was meant to be a bond between a man and a woman. People are afraid of being naked, so God made sex so that the two would love and trust each other so much they wouldn't be afraid to be naked, and thus have sex.

Hmmm. If you let Jesus in your heart early on in life and get saved, then go homo the rest of your life, yeah. Salvation is permanent. It cannot be taken away. But God expects a saved person NOT to do that.

Any other questions about Christianity?

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
@Avarice: Because it wasn't meant to be like that. But humans have a tendency to stray away from God, and this issue is one of the many examples.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Leviticus 20:13a

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.

Yes, the Bible does say that homosexuality is bad. And for your information, homosexuality IS sleeping with other people of the same sex. It's impossible to be homosexual yet not have sex with others of the same gender. That would be considered brotherly love, the kind of love we need to exhibit to everyone, even strangers. Or it would be sexism or simply dumb perversion, but let's not go into that.
Sure...thats the bible's definition, but that is not how it is realistically. Sexuality is defined more by a person's mental state / lust.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Think what you want to. I can't force you to poof into a Christian. I'm gonna stop preaching... for tonight, anyway.

EDIT: Do you really, honestly think that humans were designed for Man>man sex?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Okay.

So the fact that it wasn't intended to be that way makes it bad? I don't get it. What harm does it really do to anyone?

Edit: And I'm already Catholic...(not a very good one). But that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything stated in the Bible.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Edit: HEY LOOK GUYS. I'M COOL LIKE KR3WMAN! kr3wman, just stfu. Your posts make no sense at all. Lern2English pl0x.
No you're not. You're just posting flame-baits. You must have had a rough day. Or was it that reminiscing your ''horrible'' childhood got you in a bad mood? Please, I don't mind if you get angry, atleast get angry for something less stupid than someone posting his opinions on the internet.

Seriously.

bobson

Smash Lord
Ahh, I see. That's great then. So then I ask the same of you, proof that the opposite is true. Not the want thereof, but the success of which.
You made the claim. Burden of proof lies on you.

My question is why should it be a sin?

Other than "the Bible says it is."
That is the definition of a sin.

And for your information, homosexuality IS sleeping with other people of the same sex. It's impossible to be homosexual yet not have sex with others of the same gender.
And no, wrong. Homosexuality is the attraction to persons of the same sex. It is fully possible to be homosexual and never act on it.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
(facepalm)
My horribly worded question keeps getting ate, so:

Why? What brings people to say that homosexuals are horrible and sodomy is an abomination, etc. I'm not even trying to ask this sarcastically, this is an honest question. I don't see why people hate it so much. It was mentioned a couple of times in the Bible without reasoning, and now it's heavily looked down upon.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
You know, back then the punishment for that was death. But Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins and, to put it simply, the muffle was taken off homosexuality.

@AvaricePanda: I'll answer your question tomorrow. For now, good night.

bobson

Smash Lord
Why? What brings people to say that homosexuals are horrible and sodomy is an abomination, etc. I'm not even trying to ask this sarcastically, this is an honest question. I don't see why people hate it so much. It was mentioned a couple of times in the Bible without reasoning, and now it's heavily looked down upon.
I'm guessing it was intended to be self-evident, like "do not commit adultery." Strictly speaking, adultery could be fine and dandy by "contemporary morality" provided each involved party supports it, but it's still generally regarded as a Bad Thing despite that. Homosexuality would follow the same path, except many people are accepting it now.

Whether it's lost its self-evidence as a Bad Thing because society's gone rogue or because society's gotten smarter is a matter of debate.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No. What would be the point of marriage, then? Marriage was meant to be a bond between a man and a woman.
Even if you could back this up with evidence (I doubt you can) definitions change. The word gay is a good example of this, actually. Poor argument.

Hmmm. If you let Jesus in your heart early on in life and get saved, then go homo the rest of your life, yeah. Salvation is permanent. It cannot be taken away. But God expects a saved person NOT to do that.
Alright. I accept Jesus as my lord and savior. Now I'll go ahead and murder women and **** children. I'm still going to heaven, right?

Hahahaha.

Heaven.

Any other questions about Christianity?
WHERE DID ALL THE LOGIC GO?

Anyway.. We justified Slavery with the Bible. We justified discrimination with the Bible. And now... we're justifying even more hate and intolerance with the Bible? This is bad. I hate it when people say "It's okay to disagree with being gay, but just don't say anything." That is not okay. Disliking somebody because of something they can't control (if there was a switch to turn off my bisexuality and get people to not judge me because of sexual preference, you bet I would press it) it absolutely ridiculous. Using religion as an excuse is even worse.

Scott!

Smash Lord
While I see why Christians are personally opposed to homosexuality, since the Bible is decently clear on it (yes it can be debated, but it can definitely be taken as a condemnation of it), I have trouble understanding why they feel the need to force their ideas on others. I don't mean this to sound jerky, I swear. But there are a lot of people who don't believe in the Bible. Some of them are gay. Should they still be forced to live by the Bible? Does it matter if they sin? It's not like the Christians who believe this are going to sin like this, so how exactly does it matter to them? This is where I'm often confused.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Alright. I accept Jesus as my lord and savior. Now I'll go ahead and murder women and **** children. I'm still going to heaven, right?

Hahahaha.

Heaven.
Well by what you are saying murdering women and ****** children isn't a choice. Since you all say being gay isn't a choice but is ok in God's eyes. You know that murdering isn't right dude, that arguement was kinda flawed imo.

Hahahaha.

Men sleeping with men.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well by what you are saying murdering women and ****** children isn't a choice. Since you all say being gay isn't a choice but is ok in God's eyes. You know that murdering isn't right dude, that arguement was kinda flawed imo.

Hahahaha.

Men sleeping with men.
Well, the original quote implies actually acting on the homosexuality. He said something along the lines of
To me, that sounds like he's insinuating that you can get salvation and then "go homo". Whether or not that's his intended meaning, I don't know. But it does sound like he could mean that.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well, the original quote implies actually acting on the homosexuality. He said something along the lines of

To me, that sounds like he's insinuating that you can get salvation and then "go homo". Whether or not that's his intended meaning, I don't know. But it does sound like he could mean that.
I thought he meant get saved then "realize" you were homo.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I think he meant that too, but it can definitely be interpreted the other way. I thought it was the other way at first. "Go homo" sounds like engaging in some act rather than just secretly embracing it.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
In the Bible only one sin is mentioned as being unforgivable by God. Blaspheming the Holy Ghost. Living a life of outright hatred for God. One who lives to just be against Him.

Humans reproducing with the same sex is not physically possible. So I don't really think it's what God intended. But is it something God will just automatically cast you to Hell for? I think not.

Is it a sin? I don't know. Still looking for the answer to that.

Many Christians in this day and age are ignorant and would be better off not speaking rather then speaking only what they half know or don't know at all and being a stumbling block to those around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom