• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another "Glitch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but it has to do with Online.

I've read a few of the "Glitches" or problems in this topic but I have a completely different experience and would like to know if anyone else has went through this and/or can tell me why it happens.

So a few days ago I went to play an online Team Deathmatch with anyone. I chose Ganon and Final destination then went to the waiting room for about 3-5 minutes before I found 3 other players. The match started and then the weirdest thing happened, I was the only one on Blue Team and there were three Lucas's on GREEN Team.

As I went to run, naturally, I noticed that all three Lucas's copied my exact movements within a second. If I went to pick up an item, they would follow and even if there was no item where they were, they still would push the Action Button. The details are: Was on Final destination, Team with anyone, three players on Green team.
I guarantee you I will catch this on film if it happens again.

Btw, I'm too dumb to be making this up. Thoughts please?

Kantō

Smash Champion
hahaha weird. were u using a wavebird mabye? if there on the same channels both players will do the same thing. but this was online? i have no idea. still kinda humerous though.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Q+A thread next time, please.

That's a hacker. You will run into them occasionally, and there are many things that can ensue, such as the match taking place on a Break The Targets level (usually stage 1), the Green Team match as you ran into, etc. The fact they were copying your movements -could- be a side effect of bad coding, but it could just be them messing w/you.

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
hahaha weird. were u using a wavebird mabye?
Nope. I was using a Regular Black GC Controller w/ an extension. Never had the problem before.

To Sucumbio: "Q+A thread next time"

Gotcha.

"That's a hacker"

I had thought about that but I didn't realize it was possible to hack Brawl since it was on a disk and I was online but thanks for the answer. It makes sense.

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
it was a hacker, he was using the multiplayer on wifi code for team matches :D

theres a glitch you can do with that code that makes it so you can control 2/3 people

rasd123

Smash Rookie
Hello, this is great article. I have blog and I thanks to say you thanks. Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom