• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
If It is delayed I want the days on the Dojo to go like this Character Update, Moveset Update, Final Smash Update!

I'm not convinced its true but if it is I'm sure people will upload the Japanese version cause the delay would be to make more copies of the game not to add stuff to it.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I'm still following Gamestop's release date. Wal-Mart and other companies like that always tend to get the release dates messed up.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
didnt walmart already make it released in march, then back to february, then march again, then back to the 10th?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
There seriously needs to be an Official Delay Discussion topic. I'm tired of seeing all these topics >_>

Youko/Mic/SP, Grant me the approval for one?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
... Brawl's gone gold. Japan's got commercials. All they have to do is set English to default and copy them for America and ship it. Don't believe bogus delays people, the Dojo would tell us.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice

O_o

Rawr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|

God ******* D*****!!!!!!!!!!!

This Better Not Be True Or I Am Going To F***** Get Pissed Off!!!!!!!!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
This 'delay' is based on shipment & preorders

so if you have a pre order for feb 10th - which is the release date, then you will get it then.

but due to high demands some places probably sold out of pre orders and delayed to get more.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

so if you have a pre order for feb 10th - which is the release date, then you will get it then.

but due to high demands some places probably sold out of pre orders and delayed to get more.
Wow... Never thought of it that way. I really really think this guy's right. Props*

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There seriously needs to be a sticky that clearly states "RETAILERS ARE NOT OFFICIAL. JUST BECAUSE THEY STATE A RELEASE DATE, DO NOT TAKE IT AS FACT. DO NOT MAKE A TOPIC BECAUSE OF THIS." Seriously, I'm getting kinda fed up now. There are at least 5 of these topics everyday. Until the Dojo says that the game is delayed, it's not freaking delayed!

*calms down*

ndnecoal

Smash Rookie
either it is tre or someone is just being stupid. gamestop hasn't changed it yet. i mean i just went there today to finish paying off brawl and its still febuary 10th! so i'm not gonna listen to anything about a delay until sakurai says so

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
03/31/2008
Looks suspicious?

Seriously, it's a problem with retailers. We are a month away from the US launch, and less for the Japanese launch. If it is delayed AT ALL it would be no more then maybe a week.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
There seriously needs to be a sticky that clearly states "RETAILERS ARE NOT OFFICIAL. JUST BECAUSE THEY STATE A RELEASE DATE, DO NOT TAKE IT AS FACT. DO NOT MAKE A TOPIC BECAUSE OF THIS." Seriously, I'm getting kinda fed up now. There are at least 5 of these topics everyday. Until the Dojo says that the game is delayed, it's not freaking delayed!

*calms down*
either it is tre or someone is just being stupid. gamestop hasn't changed it yet. i mean i just went there today to finish paying off brawl and its still febuary 10th! so i'm not gonna listen to anything about a delay until sakurai says so
I hope you two are right.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
... Brawl's gone gold. Japan's got commercials. All they have to do is set English to default and copy them for America and ship it. Don't believe bogus delays people, the Dojo would tell us.
This man speaks the truth.

If we were getting another delay, he would have told us THAT today, instead of the awesome update we got today.

GO OLIMAR!!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Its safe to say that both the American Brawl, and Japanese brawl are complete... and since it will take time to set up marketing for brawl, and with its release in japan.. the gap between the two release dates makes sense...

What doesn't make sense is the japanese brawl being released, while the american brawl gets delayed over a month -.- // There is no logic to that.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I can honestly say I will snap if there is another Brawl Delay.

But there is only a month till Brawl is out for the Americas, and there is even less time for japan, the dojo still says Feb 10th there was no delay update today, in fact, we got the best update in 3 months (Olimar FTW!!!), so, if Dojo hasnt said anything about a delay, and if there is only a month left, and it still says Feb 10th on the dojo, then as of now there are no delays.

It is very possible that the March date is the next time stores restock on Brawl, that I can see happening.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Never ever ever ever ever ever trust a retailer for release dates, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am hoping this is wrong but if it's right then my hype is as good as dead.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
More silly paranoia... with so little time left, there is NO WAY that Nintendo and Sakurai will shock all Americans with another delay. I just don't see it as logical to do so.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
More silly paranoia... with so little time left, there is NO WAY that Nintendo and Sakurai will shock all Americans with another delay. I just don't see it as logical to do so.
when has sakurai been logical:p

yeah 500th post wooot

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
when has sakurai been logical:p

yeah 500th post wooot
Ah, the logical referring to the delay. But then again, you're right about Sakurai not being logical...

Congrats on your 500th post and hooray for my 290th!

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Well as for the updates we had exatly 9 weeks of boring filler updates, (Not including the offweek) and it just so happens that Brawl was delayed for 9 weeks, (besides the day of the week change and also not including the off week) The character update are officaly back so I highly dought there will be another delay, its to close to the releace now anyway, we would know about it. Unless of course, Olimar was annouced now for the same reason sonic was before, if you know what I mean.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I have Solid Proof that the game has not been delayed, Let me help you.

OH ****! You Gotta be kiding me! It's still Feb 10th!.

=Fiercedeity=

Smash Cadet
I have Solid Proof that the game has not been delayed, Let me help you.

OH ****! You Gotta be kiding me! It's still Feb 10th!.

Also on the japanese commercials should be proof we will get it because if we get delayed shouldn't japan be too lol and I know it won't get delayed but if it does arhg I wouldn't know what to say..

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I'm tired of hearing about delays... I just want my **** game. Until it says that on the dojo I won't believe it.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman

I've been tryign to say this to the morons at GameFAQs, but they won't listen to reason. This is simply the correct assumption.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I called my store where I got the pre-order and they said it will be <b>end of February, beginning of March.</b>

And no, I'm lying just to make people crazy. The phone number is (518) 782-4694. And if you don't believe THAT, run it on the Internet to confirm that it is a real game store.

This thing is getting delayed folks.

Rash

Smash Ace
This thing is getting delayed folks.
I'd believe you if I actually had some solid proof from the source or some decent evidence. As of now, Nintendo has not announced a delay and there hasn't been any change to the Dojo's release date. Also, the Japan version of the game is sure to come out on time, as commercials for the game are already up. Considering that the English version was developed alongside the Japanese version, I doubt localization issues are serious enough to widen the gap that's already there between American and Japanese releases.

As far as I know, Brawl was delayed for two reasons: 1) in order to give the devs just a little more time on the game and 2) to not conflict with Mario Galaxy. Seeing as how the game is guaranteed in Japan on the 24th at this point, I have no reason to believe that the other confirmed version of the game should be delayed any further. Also, Gamestop still says the release is Feb. 10th, and they usually have some pretty close ties with Nintendo when it comes to products (remember Wii vouchers?).

As I see it now, there's no reason for the game to be delayed, and if it were to be delayed, there wouldn't have been a reason to not remind us sooner. It's a month until February 10th. It was almost two months until Dec. 3 when the game was first delayed. I'm sure that it would be in Sakurai's best interest to let people know about any more delays within a month's time of the release.

Nothing is confirmed until we hear it from the source. Period.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Nothin is confirmed until we hear it from the source. Period.
What I know is, I have a pre-order and they're telling me I won't be getting it until March. One might possibly consider that a delay? The American version is definitely able to get a delay even if the Japanese game still comes out in time. Take a look at Dynasty Warriors 6.

Rash

Smash Ace
The delay from December 3rd was confirmed on Friday, October 12th. If Brawl has truly been delayed again, who's to say that we won't get a confirmation of it tomorrow?

I say wait until tomorrow, and if we don't hear anything, begin to question the delay claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom