• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annoyance with Avast Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
After "Repairing" avast! via the "Add/Remove Programs", it has been acting up; particularly with Smashboards. Before today, I never had this problem.

Not sure what to think. Earlier today, my computer was stuck on the Welcome Screen of Windows 7, right after you input the password and press enter. The little circle would just keep rolling and rolling. I was able to fix it by hard reset, going into Safe Mode, and doing some msconfig stuff. It actually worked, and I can log in just fine now, but for some reason avast! became unusable and wouldn't load on start-up, hence the "Repair". The repair worked, but a new problem arose :/

It shows this every page of SWF I bring up:

For now, this site is the only site that I have seen this happen to. Is there something on my computer that does this? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Honestly, I would just get rid of Avast, it seems absolutely awful from what I've seen of it. (It annoyed me so much on my friend's computer I nearly removed it out of spite). I have no experience with the software, so I can't exactly tell you why it is freaking out. It looks like it is having problem with some type of Javascript in the page though, but I'm not sure why that would matter.

I recommend AVG free. It's a very good, and free, antivirus software that has never caused a problem for me, I'd completely remove Avast after installing it as well. But, it's all up to you.

Hope you find a solution to your problem.

John2k4

The End of an Era
That website (jscript-java) is flagged as a malware site, and triggered my Avast when I tried to open it:

My suggestion is check for running plugins or something that might be trying to intercept into each webpage. Something is redirecting your browser to that address.

--

I opened SWF up in Internet Explorer, and got that on the index. I'll talk to the staff about it, since it might be a poisoned ad or something. Do you have AdBlock, S4kurazi?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb309/roger3245/Screenshots/SAN9e2IE.png

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I just disabled all plugins on my Firefox on the "Add-ons" tab, and it still does it. I'm not sure where to find any more, if there are any.

Possibly a virus? I find it strange that it only affects Smashboards, though.

Should I try cleaning out all cookies?

John2k4

The End of an Era
There is an issue with the Vibrant skin. If you switch from it, the problem should be remedied...

John2k4

The End of an Era
Just edited my second post too; sorry =P

There is a bug with the Vibrant skin that is causing that.

After testing other skins, Vibrant is the only skin affected. So if you can, switch off of it.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright, that bug with Vibrant has been fixed. Should be good now. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom