• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing Weeklies At Zero Ping

ZeroPing

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: No Smash night on 2/21

Zero Ping will now be hosting weekly Smash casuals and mini tournaments every Saturday (unless otherwise specified). Five dollars will cover house fee and prize pool, but don't expect the pots to be too big, this is mostly for casuals, and the five will get you play all night. We will open at 2, the brackets will begin at 5 PM, and casuals can last until the wee hours of the morning. This isn't really a major thing, so go to any bigger events first, as there is bound to be conflicts with this and other events. Mostly this is so all the local smashers can have a specific night to get together and smash.

If you don't know where Zero Ping is, we are located at
5450 S. State Road 7, Suite 11
Hollywood, FL

We are located across from the Lucky Street parking garage, between Griffon and Stirling, in a multilevel plaza.

This is mainly going to be for Melee, but if there is demand for Brawl we can run it as well.

Looking forward to seeing all you smashers here, post if you're interested.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea same as above and i be going to this unless big tourney otherwise :3

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Hell Yeahz! I'm going to help host these tournaments as best as I can. We can do Brawl or Melee, but we'll need setups (I.E Wii's, Televisions, cubes, etc)

ZeroPing

Smash Rookie
We'll be doing both Melee and Brawl, we have plenty of house tv's, 2 GC's and 1 Wii, so feel free to bring your consoles from home, well have plenty of TV's to support them. Generally, we have a bigger melee following here than Brawl, but ill do my best to run a bracket either way, the more people that show up the better it will be, so bring your friends!

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Finally got some consistent Smash tourneys to look forward to. I'd prefer these were bi-weeklies though -- peeps will take bi-weeklies more seriously and the turnouts would be better.

-Kye

ZeroPing

Smash Rookie
@Synikal
This is mostly just a casual get together thing with a bracket thrown in there, but there's usually a real tournament going on here once a month. Are you asking in regards to melee or brawl?

@Maniaclyrasist
This week onwards.

This is all subject to change as time goes on, might get bigger or smaller, more spread out or whatnot. We'll see how it works out.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Melee, sir.

I figured that was what you were going for, but I was just throwing it out there. I was thinking casual smashfest twice a month, with tournaments twice a month in alternating fashion, but it's just nice to know that if I have Saturday off, I can head down to there to play some Melee (?).

-Kye

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i couldnt make it to this every week but this is a fantastic idea.

ZeroPing

Smash Rookie
If you can make it, you can make it, if not if not, just casuals really. Figure we will do one real tournament every month though, I usually leave those to other people to organize, as im not in the scene enough to prevent or care to prevent conflicts or drama. Dont think were going to have a tourney this month, but Jason has one set up for the beginning of March.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
so basically, it's just an entrance fee?

and if there's enough people to start a tourney we can get our paid submission to go into the pot?

>_>'

<_<'

PoOh MaDneZz954

Smash Rookie
**** i live right there be zp oh yea! now i get to become better and better and better:chuckle: so callin all smashers come out this saturday so i can sh** on u punch with cap falcon lol j/k but see yall there

ZeroPing

Smash Rookie
@FlatSoda
No, to be exact 3 dollars is the entrance fee (standard zp console fee), 2 dollars will go towards the pot for the mini tourney, but if everyone agrees we can make the pot bigger

PoOh MaDneZz954

Smash Rookie
iQ:for ZP are u gys open on the 14th of fep??? im down flatsoda i mean if ur not doin nothing on the 14th of this month we can meet up and try to get somthing going over there at zp cuz i live right around there not to far hit me up and tell me was up .

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This sounds great! I just wish my Saturday's weren't owned by work. Good to see Zero Ping making good buisness off this. I must say, I'm proud to have got Smash started at Zero Ping since the early Melee days, along with the help of others. Thanks to me for starting this, and a few others, along with Mark and Mike's permission.
I might come in some Saturday's after work, and might start picking up Melee again, and practice for Brawl offline.

Thank you, Mark & Mike.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you guys probably don't remember me. I'm danny I showed up at the tournament in march and pretty much got *****. I was the guy messing with you when you were friendlying polmex. Telling you to u-tilt/upB for no reason. Anyway will there be a smashfest tomorrow?

Top Bottom