• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Not super stable. Was hoping the built in iso maker would be a ready to play iso if you loaded it up in USB Loader GX. i haven't been able to get it running fully on my setups which run pm iso's from usb
beta's aren't meant to be stable

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I'm having trouble loading through the Homebrew Channel due to confusion of extracting the "LegacyXP" folder.

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
So are all the stages in the game, or are they not, thus explaining why the R for Yoshi's island melee (choco-island) and the Z for final destination is freeze heavy... Also, love the whole thing to pieces! I can't wait for masked man lucas, Ness robot, Lucas Chimera pajamas(unless minus has dibs), and classic style snake. (if any of these are coming)

P.S. can't find any final frustration levels (lava or otherwise) but then again there's 700+ stages.....which made me a bit surprised that Osohe castle and lumine hall weren't here for earthbound levels, but whatever...:lucas:

Still can't wait for more stuff though (AND IM ALSO HYPED, seeing as it seems certain stages can 'trigger' certain music [a la the smash land stages] is it possible to get Wuhu plane ride AND the vocal song for it in?]

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble loading through the Homebrew Channel due to confusion of extracting the "LegacyXP" folder.
Extract as is. No need for the extra apps that come with though (everything but the launcher). Ignore the GCT placement, it works, I promise.

Lucas Chimera pajamas(unless minus has dibs)
I don't see how they don't have dibs since PMDT ain't running this (PM) anymore.

Last edited:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Got it going on USB Loader. Have a brawl iso on your USB. then copy all the files to your SD card like Sirkura Sirkura says:

first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.

THEN on usb loader

Turn on ocarina cheats, and change the hook to AXNextFrame

ONLY THING IS: It lags on like the CSS and stuff, at least it's not gameplay

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Issue for all users, Homebrew or not.

How do you create hexagon css images?
Looking at the files with Costume Manager, I see that they're just cropped 64x64 images with a transparent background. Feel like using CM for doing it would be really helpful.

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
So I've finally gotten around to trying to download it, I'm having a little trouble though. it seems like the download file doesn't come in a folder, and the readme says to extract and copy it to the sd card, do I need to put it into a specific folder like Homebrew or project ms folder and then extract it to the sd card through there? I'm using a Wii with Homebrew already installed onto it, and I'm using an 8gb sd card to download it

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
So I've finally gotten around to trying to download it, I'm having a little trouble though. it seems like the download file doesn't come in a folder, and the readme says to extract and copy it to the sd card, do I need to put it into a specific folder like Homebrew or project ms folder and then extract it to the sd card through there? I'm using a Wii with Homebrew already installed onto it, and I'm using an 8gb sd card to download it
Delete the extra apps that come with it, just keep the launcher (apps>LegacyXP). Drag and extract all files to the root of the SD, like a fresh clean install of Project M. Don't worry about the GCTs, they work.

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
Delete the extra apps that come with it, just keep the launcher (apps>LegacyXP). Drag and extract all files to the root of the SD, like a fresh clean install of Project M. Don't worry about the GCTs, they work.
The download didn't come with anything extra, just a single file. So does that mean I don't have to delete anything? Or did you mean I can put the file into one of the Homebrew/project m folders but delete the other apps in the apps folder and leave Legacy XP in there? (Also i have no clue what GCTs are cause I'm somewhat new to this, sorry!)

Edit: it finished downloading, but it seems like i can't extract it? maybe it's because I can't actually open the file although I don't think that's the case

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
The download didn't come with anything extra, just a single file. So does that mean I don't have to delete anything? Or did you mean I can put the file into one of the Homebrew/project m folders but delete the other apps in the apps folder and leave Legacy XP in there? (Also i have no clue what GCTs are cause I'm somewhat new to this, sorry!)
Print screen what the downloaded .zip looks like inside.

(Also it's fine, I thought that was something that confused you.)

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
beta's aren't meant to be stable
You mean they aren't expected to be.

Betas are meant to be as stable as possible so that there can be even more stability in the full release.

How you said it made it sound like they're purposely made to be broken.

Last edited:

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Do you think that since Ninten and Travis aren't actually Ness or Lucas respectively, we could get the Paula and Kumatora models added as costumes as well, I especially like the Paula one, since it uses the trophy model...I hope my looking a gift David in the mouth won't exclude Ninten and Travis though....
:4wiremac:

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
I've noticed something interesting. On this page near the end, there's a section called 'Stage Builder Styles.'

How would you go on accessing these, and playing a stage you've made within the stage builder?

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
My only big problem would have to be the wii versions stage icons, they're just so blurred you can barely make out the d-pad buttons, let alone the stages. Is it possible to upres or are the previews limited in their pixels....I mean it seems obvious it's the latter, but if at all possible, I'd love an upres or something to make the buttons/stages more visible.

P.S. what happened to the awesome 'series esque' style of names, now they all look like the normal Brawl instead of what's seen in the original trailer, which is a bit sad to say the least....:gw:

Last edited:

Savage Scarlet

Smash Rookie
Im kinda new to the homebrew thing. What should my root look like?

Nevermind figured it out

Last edited:

SKO

Smash Rookie
Nice work on the Beta. Sucks that you guys removed a lot of skins from some of the other characters from 1.3. Yoshi now feels a bit lacking especially.

Last edited:

Thonius

Smash Rookie
Ok so I have the file downloaded and i followed all of the steps for the hackless wii method and i cannot for the life of me get the bomb icon to show up in my messages. Can someone give me some pointers or explain the steps more clearly. Canadian wii. Up to date. Connected to the Internet etc...

Misterpixel

Smash Rookie
Right click it on Dolphin, and then "set as default ISO".
Okay Thanks ! I achieve to reach the Legacy title popping up and then crashing x) So if anyone knows why it crashes when the Legacy title pop, we need your help ! :(

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
OK tried a fresh install and got it working!!

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Two questions
1.Is the download meant to have the code file or not?
2. how do i load this when i have ssbb on a usb stick and not a disc? do i still use the launcher??

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
Two questions
1.Is the download meant to have the code file or not?
2. how do i load this when i have ssbb on a usb stick and not a disc? do i still use the launcher??
One of the guys answered it in One of the comments above

Piptony

Smash Rookie
whoa don't go spouting misinformation >.> its really easy to load it on a USB. first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.
What about the rest of folder like pf? I have that folder same as Brawl For All. Should I move BFA stuff to save in my desktop and use LXP stuff in my sd card? I just want make sure before I make a mistake on my CFG Loader.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I have a lot of feedback on Doc I think his movement is far too slow and clunky and should just be matched up with Mario's in terms of air mobility and grounded speed. Keep his faster falling and his different jumps, etc. But his run speed is wayyyy too low and his dashdance is really, really poor. The difference between Smash 4 Mario and PM Mario is that PM Mario's mobility is actually already average, so a slower Mario has REALLY REALLY bad movement.

I also don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do with his D-Throw, the added knockback is ok I guess (not a big fan in this game's context) but the release point and angle just baffles me. If they DI out he has no followups period, it's a very abysmal combo throw. I'd personally just do the Melee thing and add 1% of dmg to Mario's D-Throw and slap it on Doc. Also worth noting is his Crouch Cancel options are significantly worse than Mario due to how his DSmash works. It's too Smash 4 in design (back hit doing more is better in that game for numerous reasons) to be good in this game with how prevalent good CC options are across the board. I'd recommend just making it do 17-18 on the front hit and make the back hit like the current front hit.

I like Doc's overall moveset (though I think he could stand to have less random elec hitlag/FX on his stuff, namely Utilt and Dtilt.) but I feel like you should match his mobility up with Mario's and let his terrible recovery be the big difference between them. As of right now he just feels....bad. He's very close to greatness though. As of right now though I'd much rather hold L and select Doc in his Mario mode which is quite the shame as his actual moveset (barring his D-Throw) feels really good.

Pichu feels like god, considering you basically ported SDR Pichu he's like the most fun thing ever in this, though angling his Quick Attack feels a bit imprecise compared to SDR but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe less angles? IDK.

Overall I enjoy it quite a bit though! I just think Doc as an individual character should be less gimped.

feargm

Smash Rookie
I posted a couple times in this thread and I would be extremely thankful if someone could help me out with this, since I can't find a solution for my problem anywhere. Earlier in the thread I explained that my game refuses to be built, I never end up receiving the 5 GB Legacy wbfs file. I took a couple of screencaps from the batch install, and this is what I see:

1: https://i.gyazo.com/2b9cde06ba4d8598ed354297ce6b9d1c.png

2: https://i.gyazo.com/f2f2409b58f7bf05511bb496ebfe40d7.png

I suppose this is the reason? I've already given cmd.exe the necessary "Read and Execute" rights but nothing happens, and when I try to run "Legacy XP 2.0 [Windows].bat" as an admin, it closes immediately after I press the button stating that it can't find the Legacy files. I'm super confused and frustrated with this, and I apologize if this is not the proper place to ask about this. I just REALLY want to play this with my friends, who also don't know the solution for my issue.

Ukokira

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ukokirakodebin
This is for homebrew

So can I use a 64 GB Micro Sd if it's formatted correctly?

It's a 64 GB Micro SD card formatted to FAT32 with 32768 Allocation

And what are the exact details on what to do for homebrew users. People say we don't need the extra apps but do we have to delete them?

And they say extract as is. That would just have the one Smash Bros LXP folder by itself on the root. Which doesn't seem right.

I can't get it to even show up on the homebrew menu

Last edited:

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Not super stable. Was hoping the built in iso maker would be a ready to play iso if you loaded it up in USB Loader GX. i haven't been able to get it running fully on my setups which run pm iso's from usb
The dolphin files are different from wii, ones, dolphin doesn't have a lot of the same rendering limits the wii does, so stages and such in that build may not work. you can make a custom iso and load the wii files onto the sd however.

What about the rest of folder like pf? I have that folder same as Brawl For All. Should I move BFA stuff to save in my desktop and use LXP stuff in my sd card? I just want make sure before I make a mistake on my CFG Loader.
leave all files exactly as they are. the PF folder is read from the LegacyXP folder.

This is for homebrew

So can I use a 64 GB Micro Sd if it's formatted correctly?

It's a 64 GB Micro SD card formatted to FAT32 with 32768 Allocation

And what are the exact details on what to do for homebrew users. People say we don't need the extra apps but do we have to delete them?

And they say extract as is. That would just have the one Smash Bros LXP folder by itself on the root. Which doesn't seem right.

I can't get it to even show up on the homebrew menu
Unfortunately you can't, you need a 32gig or under card. SDXC isn't compatible.

SD 2g-
SDHC 2g+-32g
SDXC 32g+

Got it going on USB Loader. Have a brawl iso on your USB. then copy all the files to your SD card like Sirkura Sirkura says:

first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

THEN on usb loader

Turn on ocarina cheats, and change the hook to AXNextFrame

the lag at the CSS is a hardware limitation. we use the newest (largely untested and unused) bex expansion 2.0.
it works fine save for mild lag at the css, that is because the csps and cosmetics are being read externally instead of the sc_selchar.pac, allowing us to push for higher quality images.

Last edited:

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
I have installed and working properly, but I can't select any maps, only can play as random maps because the cursor doesn't move (playing with the Wiimote, I have not tried yet Nunchuk).

Last edited:

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
And with the Wiimote, pick one of the newcommers don't have a properly Wii Remote selection sound (Waluigi and Ridley says "the fight is on" like Pit). They are simple unimportant details, but if they are possible to solve the mod would be better still if possible.

Ukokira

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ukokirakodebin
The dolphin files are different from wii, ones, dolphin doesn't have a lot of the same rendering limits the wii does, so stages and such in that build may not work. you can make a custom iso and load the wii files onto the sd however.

leave all files exactly as they are. the PF folder is read from the LegacyXP folder.

Unfortunately you can't, you need a 32gig or under card. SDXC isn't compatible.

SD 2g-
SDHC 2g+-32g
SDXC 32g+

the lag at the CSS is a hardware limitation. we use the newest (largely untested and unused) bex expansion 2.0.
it works fine save for mild lag at the css, that is because the csps and cosmetics are being read externally instead of the sc_selchar.pac, allowing us to push for higher quality images.
Can you answer my other questions regarding extraction?

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
So I was finally able to get the beta onto an sd card, but it shows up on the sd card along with CleanRip, is there a reason this shows up and what is it used for? also when I try to load up Legacy XP I'm always sent back to the Wii menu after hitting Play from the menu, not sure what's wrong? (Sorry if this has already been asked I was just wondering if anyone else had these happen and if I need to do something about them)

(EDIT: Nevermind, found out the problem, ignore the second part of this, although I'm still curious as to what CleanRIP is used for

Last edited:

8bitbluemage

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a way to play Hackless on a Wii U? It's my only option but I tried it using the MAC address found in the Wii U's system settings since there's none to find in the Wii Menu. However the letterbomb won't appear at all in the message board when I put the SD card in. I'm even going back several days and can't find it anywhere.

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
So I was finally able to get the beta onto an sd card, but it shows up on the sd card along with CleanRip, is there a reason this shows up and what is it used for? also when I try to load up Legacy XP I'm always sent back to the Wii menu after hitting Play from the menu, not sure what's wrong? (Sorry if this has already been asked I was just wondering if anyone else had these happen and if I need to do something about them)

(EDIT: Nevermind, found out the problem, ignore the second part of this, although I'm still curious as to what CleanRIP is used for
CleanRip is used to rip off the games from your gamecube or wii game on to the device that the app is running from.Kinda like a cdr in a computer

Last edited:
Top Bottom