• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
@davidvkimball
First of all I love this project so much I can't even begin with how thankful I am that there is a nice clean competitive that changes a lot but not the important stuff.
Secondly, the only thing I don't personally enjoy are the custom voices for Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Wario, Dk, Diddy, etc. Is there anything I could do to get the originals back?
(PS if you could add the Jigglypuff Green Headband Alt to the next update i would beso happy)

please don't double post

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
please don't double post
If you see a double post (or notice that you made one), report the post so it will be deleted. Also, I've been meaning to ask this. Do you have a template for stages in the SSS (The ones where it shows the L, R, and Z alts)? I am trying to replace one of the custom stages with another one (Ganon's Tower with Gaur Plains), and I can't make it look like it was there originally. It also crashes whenever I click the new stage (Gaur Plains), but I am working on fixing that. Same thing applies to the CSS portraits (The ones with the red background), but It's not as high of a priority (I found a method that makes it almost indistinguishable unless you look closely).

Gouloudrouioul

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with the hackless pack, it doesn't load and I get a black screen before I can even play it.
Anyone knows what could be the problem ?

Thank you for your answers, I really really want it to work :)

EDIT : nevermind if found the problem, I have a SDHC card... Do you know if there is any way to make it work with a SDHC card ?

Last edited:

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
I'm having trouble with the hackless pack, it doesn't load and I get a black screen before I can even play it.
Anyone knows what could be the problem ?

Thank you for your answers, I really really want it to work :)

EDIT : nevermind if found the problem, I have a SDHC card... Do you know if there is any way to make it work with a SDHC card ?
The only real way would be to play the homebrew version, but it's not that hard to hack a Wii I did it a few days ago and I had no idea what to do but YouTube really helped out, plus there is so much stuff you can do on a hacked wii it's actually really cool

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to add this skin to Wolf in the next iteration? Having cleaner looking CSPs, BPs, and stock icons would be awesome to go along with these as they are missing from the download. Also this would be really cool to include as it would be much more faithful to the costume. (if only we could change the soundbites for just these costumes as well to complete the effect)

Also, as much work as it probably took, it would be awesome if we had a version of Legacy where the sfx files were not replaced from vanilla. I know how to replace them, it's just a pain in the ass to do so if I'd like to add anything to my particular build.

Regardless, this mod is amazing. Truly a spiritual successor to the original PM (minus the moveset tweaks, which is awesome that it remains untouched to keep it viable). Keep up the amazing work! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is extremely excited for the newest iteration.

EDIT: Since Dedede and Metal Knight got some love, why not Kirby? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35298

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I will respond to you the same way David responded to me on the Discord chat when I asked him about Pig Ganon. Lips are Sealed.

I am also excited, but partly because I should be in the credits. Not 100% sure, hard to get a read when the only response to any form of request is Lips are Sealed.

Tonythehero1234

Smash Rookie
I have a question how do i install this on dolphin without gecko i got project m from a folder that installed it automatically i would really love to play this but i dont know how to use this please help

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Can someone help i got my project m by doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_vdvi0FqQ and i really dont understand how to install this can someone walk we through please im using dolphin and would reaallllyy like to play this game
http://afriendlyfox.com/2013/07/22/project-m-super-smash-bros-brawl-mod-on-the-dolphin-wii-emulator/
Hope this helps. And if you want to play this build, just replace the app, codes, and project m folders with the ones of Legacy (its app, codes, and project m folder)

bwburke94

Smash Rookie
NNID
bwburke94
My point in playing Legacy was that it's basically the next iteration of PM.

Adding Ridley/Metal Sonic/etc. goes counter to that purpose, so I hope classic Legacy continues to get updates.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
My point in playing Legacy was that it's basically the next iteration of PM.

Adding Ridley/Metal Sonic/etc. goes counter to that purpose, so I hope classic Legacy continues to get updates.
Legacy has never been meant to be a "next iteration of PM". That being said, we are working on a Legacy: Tournament Edition that will essentially be an update in the same vein of Legacy Classic.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Legacy has never been meant to be a "next iteration of PM". That being said, we are working on a Legacy: Tournament Edition that will essentially be an update in the same vein of Legacy Classic.
so your another member of Legacy's team?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
The reports of this thread's death have been greatly exaggerated...

Zefolas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zefolas
3DS FC
2767-2651-0277
Wait, so will Tourney mode be restored now?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
It's leaked content. Best to not mess with them unless you really like useless drama which reaches the same conclusion.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
It's leaked content. Best to not mess with them unless you really like useless drama which reaches the same conclusion.
the only exception to this is if the people that made them release it on Brawl Vault like Awacking Roy

Shren

Smash Journeyman
the only exception to this is if the people that made them release it on Brawl Vault like Awakening Roy
EXACTLY! Then it wouldn't be leaked, but *gasp* officially released mod content. *Jerkish Sarcasm Alert* But forget that! I just want those unfinished PSAs, game freezings, and all the controversies associated with them. Heaven knows I don't have enough of that sh*t!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
EXACTLY! Then it wouldn't be leaked, but *gasp* officially released mod content. *Jerkish Sarcasm Alert* But forget that! I just want those unfinished PSAs, game freezings, and all the controversies associated with them. Heaven knows I don't have enough of that sh*t!
*null*

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
also you can not say it's "forbidden"
in case you dont dont know the Community Completion project for Project M refures to Knuckles, Lyn, and issac (is that how you spell this issacs name?) as the Forbidden 3, my guess is thats what hes talking about maybe

armyman12345

Smash Apprentice
I have a bug I'd like to report.

In All-Star mode, choose 2 or more stocks, and select one or more characters first, and then select Fox with his James costume. When he appears, the game freezes.

Also, is there a tutorial on how to make portraits for this mod?

Another thing, are stages that lag. Could you remove them?

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I have a bug I'd like to report.

In All-Star mode, choose 2 or more stocks, and select one or more characters first, and then select Fox with his James costume. When he appears, the game freezes.

Also, is there a tutorial on how to make portraits for this mod?

Another thing, are stages that lag. Could you remove them?
let me guess, Wrecking Crue? cause yea that is the lagiest stages because of its size

Top Bottom