• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
So how did you guys manage to get more than one alt on Castle Siege without the transformations glitching them? I could never figure that out.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Congrats on the release, I've been looking forward to this for ages!

Edit: had a problem but it was just a case of pebkac

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Congrats on the release, I've been looking forward to this for ages!

Edit: had a problem but it was just a case of pebkac
Glad to hear it.

So how did you guys manage to get more than one alt on Castle Siege without the transformations glitching them? I could never figure that out.
Yeah, my mind was boggled, too... until Yohan1044 figured out that it's just a very strict file size issue. If your issue is small enough file size wise, you can get it to work without crashing.

This is absolutely stunning! The new stages blew my mind!
Thank you, we worked very hard on that.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Is there any way to remove the "Boot Straight to CSS" feature?
There is. You can access the .txt version of our codeset, and remove the "boot to CSS" code by Pyotr. Then convert it to a .gct and use it as your new codeset. Keep in mind doing this will desync netplay matches.

Crispy Typhlosion

Smash Rookie
There is. You can access the .txt version of our codeset, and remove the "boot to CSS" code by Pyotr. Then convert it to a .gct and use it as your new codeset. Keep in mind doing this will desync netplay matches.
Thank you very much, loving the build so far and I appreciate the effort put into it!

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
I Love This Built!! Is my preferred one over all the ones Ive seen. Have you guys ever thought of using smash 3c character skins? Because that would be so hype!!

LaurenzTheZero

Smash Rookie
I LOVE this pack, I use this for everything. As of right now I'm working on my own music pack for it. My one suggestion is that every other non viable stage should have and omega stage and maybe ones similar to other stages (Ex. The Halberd version of Kirby's Dreamland) but I know that is a lot of work. But either way I love this pack. Thank you and your team so much for working so hard and giving us such a great quality pack.

Kyo_Xtylee

Smash Rookie
Hi, excellent build, but I have a problem, I don't know why. but I can't do forward final cutter with Kirby.
Does anyone know why? what am I doing wrong?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I Love This Built!! Is my preferred one over all the ones Ive seen. Have you guys ever thought of using smash 3c character skins? Because that would be so hype!!
Thank you, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Cynapse Cynapse is actually working on a version with Smash 3/3C skins, maybe he can weigh in here.

I LOVE this pack, I use this for everything. As of right now I'm working on my own music pack for it. My one suggestion is that every other non viable stage should have and omega stage and maybe ones similar to other stages (Ex. The Halberd version of Kirby's Dreamland) but I know that is a lot of work. But either way I love this pack. Thank you and your team so much for working so hard and giving us such a great quality pack.
That's fantastic. :) I'm going to be (hopefully) releasing more tourney legal reskin stages separately so you can add them and replace the stages you want to replace. Also remember that omega stages don't necessarily benefit the competitive/tourney community unless they're specifically 1:1 reskins of Final Destination. Great idea, though.

Hi, excellent build, but I have a problem, I don't know why. but I can't do forward final cutter with Kirby.
Does anyone know why? what am I doing wrong?
Thanks! You're probably doing it wrong. IIRC you need to keep holding B in order for it to work.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
This build is crazy good! Love the alt stages especially and the Z costumes are a nice bonus. The only complaint I had was that when I tried to make the PM NyxTheShield remix the only song that played throughout every menu, the Legacy theme kept starting when you entered the CSS. But I fixed that super easy by deleting X02.brstm and making a copy of X01.brstm and renaming it to X02.brstm

Now the remix plays continuously across the menu just like I wanted, looking forward to the build updates as well!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
This build is crazy good! Love the alt stages especially and the Z costumes are a nice bonus. The only complaint I had was that when I tried to make the PM NyxTheShield remix the only song that played throughout every menu, the Legacy theme kept starting when you entered the CSS. But I fixed that super easy by deleting X02.brstm and making a copy of X01.brstm and renaming it to X02.brstm

Now the remix plays continuously across the menu just like I wanted, looking forward to the build updates as well!
Thank you! Yes, that issue with the music is an unfortunate byproduct of the boot-directly-to-CSS code. We plan to fix it in the next update.

Last edited:

Athurcaounet

Smash Rookie
Hello !
I have tried to launch Ssb Legacy TE (and Ssb Legacy M 3.6) on my pal Wii with USB Loader, but when I start the game there is only a black screen and the game doesn't start. Please help me, I really want to play the game.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hello !
I have tried to launch Ssb Legacy TE (and Ssb Legacy M 3.6) on my pal Wii with USB Loader, but when I start the game there is only a black screen and the game doesn't start. Please help me, I really want to play the game.
Please join our Discord, we have dedicated support there. http://discord.gg/legacy

I want to turn everyone's attention to this Trello Board of Bugs reported for Legacy TE:

https://trello.com/b/bW3j6rpA/legacy-te-bugs

You'll notice we're making progress. :cool:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
If I remove the "Boot Straight to CSS" code from the gct, it breaks the Netplay extra rotating music code. (as in, the extra tracks no longer play).

Last edited:

shagi_10

Smash Rookie
Hello, i'm been trying to play this Legacy TE 2.0 on my wiii but all i get is a black screen, i can run Legaxy XP with no issues but no this one, can somebody help me? im using a 2 GB SD card

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
If I remove the "Boot Straight to CSS" code from the gct, it breaks the Netplay extra rotating music code. (as in, the extra tracks no longer play).
You should not modify the sd.raw at all if you want to remain compatible with netplay.

Hello, i'm been trying to play this Legacy TE 2.0 on my wiii but all i get is a black screen, i can run Legaxy XP with no issues but no this one, can somebody help me? im using a 2 GB SD card
Please use our Discord for support.

Bacheleren

Smash Rookie
Downloaded the new version and found a bug. Snake's back throw insta-kills (NPC doing it). I tried picking Snake to replicate the bug and Z did absolutely nothing, but shield + A worked and, when doing a backthrow, also instakilled my opponent. Tried in multiple stages vs multiple characters.

I have never tried other versions (besides netplay), so cannot test if the bug was previously existent or not.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Downloaded the new version and found a bug. Snake's back throw insta-kills (NPC doing it). I tried picking Snake to replicate the bug and Z did absolutely nothing, but shield + A worked and, when doing a backthrow, also instakilled my opponent. Tried in multiple stages vs multiple characters.

I have never tried other versions (besides netplay), so cannot test if the bug was previously existent or not.
Thanks for reporting this. How odd.

If you can, save a replay of it happening. Then send me the replay file so we can see it.

In the meantime, you can also try redownloading the build.

Layell

Smash Journeyman

Turn off cheats in Dolphin, if you are using Dolphin.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
So, are you guys gonna work in a detailed tutorial on how to get the character expansion working? For 50 costume slots.

With CSS and Selcharacterpac explanations if it could happen

Dolor

Smash Rookie
I noticed that support questions go to the discord, so I'm moving my paragraphs there.
Thanks for your work on the Legacy builds.

Last edited:

Mogulkhan

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have a problem with the mod in a 2GB SD on Wii when starting SSBB, a message appears saying that there are many codes in Ocarina and the game usually starts without modifications. Any solution?

Last edited:

shagi_10

Smash Rookie
OK, i try several times to run TE 2.1 on my wii and i always get the next errors:
Address: Back chain LR save
0x805b4e20 0x805b4e60 0x800b270c
0x805b4e60 0x805b4e80 0x800b23ec
0x805b4e80 0x805b4ea0 0x811a0e50
0x805b4ea0 0x805b4eb0 0x806cacd0
0x805b4eb0 0x805b4ed0 0x8002d27c
0x805b4ed0 0x805b4ef0 0x80017778

Instructions at 0x801ab00c (read from SRR0) attemped to access invalid address OxddO (read from DAR)

My wii is 4.3U, brawl is on a HDD, SD 2G and it only contains the Legacy TE 2.11 package
Can someone help me?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
OK, i try several times to run TE 2.1 on my wii and i always get the next errors:
Address: Back chain LR save
0x805b4e20 0x805b4e60 0x800b270c
0x805b4e60 0x805b4e80 0x800b23ec
0x805b4e80 0x805b4ea0 0x811a0e50
0x805b4ea0 0x805b4eb0 0x806cacd0
0x805b4eb0 0x805b4ed0 0x8002d27c
0x805b4ed0 0x805b4ef0 0x80017778

Instructions at 0x801ab00c (read from SRR0) attemped to access invalid address OxddO (read from DAR)

My wii is 4.3U, brawl is on a HDD, SD 2G and it only contains the Legacy TE 2.11 package
Can someone help me?
Did you make sure that you have the full build, and not just the hot patch?

Top Bottom