• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

dreadnought8610

Smash Rookie
the mega download takes way to long. it says it will take 7 hours. this is just the homebrew. not all of it. can you give me a different download link? like mediafire or anything else besides Mega

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble putting skins into this build. I am currently using the latest version Brawl Costume Manager. Is there a setting I am missing? I would love to be able to use this build for casual play and bring it to tournaments, but I feel like there's something wrong that I just don't understand. The costumes are models for characters aren't lined up correctly. Both options for using the cBliss setting and PM3.5 mappings don't lined up costumes correctly. AM I missing something vital?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
D DarkSimorgh IMO, don't use the brawl managers for mods like this, since these programs were written with vanilla p:m 3.6 in mind.

D dreadnought8610 Uh....what difference does the site you are downloading from make? I think you have a weak internet connection. Best to start the download and leave it overnight or something. Anyway, unless David approves of it, it's best not to set up other links.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Lyn and Knuckles? Probably never thanks to the p:m leaks. But the others...dunno.

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
You should add Lucina in from that Lucina PSA mod. I feel she'd fit perfectly because she's a very different swordsman than marth in that mod. Of course she would need some tweaks and balancing but nonetheless I'd love to see something like that.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Anyone got an updated cover art for this? The one on gametdb says "beta 0.2"

MEGA sucks, I've tried 3 times already and the download gets stuck at one point and never finishes. The first time it got stuck on 58%, then it started going back between 57 and 58 and never advanced from there, and if I paused it, it returned to 56% before getting stuck again at 58%. The second time it happened at 2%/3%. I hope I can finally download it now, this has never happened before...

F*ck, it happened again, this time at 28%. Anyone got a mirror? I need to download this today...

Edit 3: I got Mega Downloader working properly now. I still would like an updated cover art to use on USBLoader

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
To anyone in general: I think mega is a fine cloud storage service. Only problem is it starts acting up when you don't download their application. Their application can be compared to jdownloader to an extent, since both allow you to manage your downloads in a better way.

So yeah, download the application if you want, but I'm sure that there are better alternatives out there (haven't searched for one though)
Edit: I haven't used jdownloader in years. So don't kill me if it sucks when you download it.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I was really excited to try this, but it simply doesn't work for me. It always gets stuck on a black screen when I launch it.
I've tried everything I can think of, formated my SD, tried another SD, redownloaded the build, changed the hooktype, etc. I can't test the hackless version because my Wii's disc drive doesn't work, so I have to use USBLoader.
I have no idea what's wrong with it, every other build has worked fine

DiscoCokkroach

Smash Rookie
I've tried everything I can think of, formated my SD, tried another SD, redownloaded the build, changed the hooktype, etc.
I have no idea what's wrong with it, every other build has worked fine
The Troubleshooting Guide says that the black screen could be because you have a GameCube memory card inserted into your Wii. Maybe that's the culprit?

NXero

Smash Apprentice
The Troubleshooting Guide says that the black screen could be because you have a GameCube memory card inserted into your Wii. Maybe that's the culprit?
I still have my GameCube. I did read that, but I don't use a GC memory card on my Wii because I have to use Nintendont if I want to play GC games in it, and that app has virtual memory card support.
I'll try to download the hackless build later today, maybe that one will work.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
My Wii is broken, so all I have is my Wii U. Since there is no Z button on the Wii Remote, am I not able to play on certain stages?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456 you can access the L alt stages by holding B and pressing 2 on a wiimote. I don't know about the others. However, if you really want to access these stages on your wiimote/wiichuck, I suggest messing around with Mewtwo2000's ASL tool.

destronoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destronoma
Been having fun with this mod since I downloaded it a few days ago, but I seem to have ran into an issue.

Whenever I add custom music to the game, it refuses to load and gives me an error. Not quite sure what to do, as I've gone to the custom music site and renamed the track I found to replace the in-game track I was getting rid of.

Any suggestions? I'm running this mod through Dolphin. I've been using the boot.elf and sd.raw that it came with.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Can someone (preferably the creator) tell me which alts are tourney legal and which aren't
Well, I don't think that there are any legacy tourneys out there. Which means that all the tourney legal 3.6 stages are tourney legal. For other stages, it up to you to decide. Also, David's a little busy these days.

destronoma destronoma after adding the music, the game doesn't load at all?

Last edited:

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Well, I don't think that there are any legacy tourneys out there. Which means that all the tourney legal 3.6 stages are tourney legal. For other stages, it up to you to decide. Also, David's a little busy these days.

destronoma destronoma after adding the music, the game doesn't load at all?
Yeah, but I was referring to the stages alternates like if you hold z for ps2 I know that one is unchanged except for visually, and the l alt for fod, I also know the start and d pad up alts for fd, but I don't know if the other fd alts are the same, and the same for battle field

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Ah. That I have no clue. Most alts tend to not be tourney legal. However, if you are really curious, you could look up the credits file and check out the brawlvault links.

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Ah. That I have no clue. Most alts tend to not be tourney legal. However, if you are really curious, you could look up the credits file and check out the brawlvault links.
Okay from what I can tell, the r alt of yoshi's story, the l alt of fod, dreamland, and battlefield, the z alt of ps2 and yoshi's island, and the start and d up of fd and battlefield, and some others that I'm forgetting, I'll post a full list when I get back to my game

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
They might look tourney legal, but you need to make sure that the blastzones and the camera positions match up to the originals

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
They might look tourney legal, but you need to make sure that the blastzones and the camera positions match up to the originals
Okay so I checked in the stage editor, the following alts are legal: the l alts of fod, dreamland, battlefield, and green hill zone. None of the r alts. The z alts of yoshi's island, yoshi's story, and ps2, the start alt of fd, and battlefield. The d pad up alts of fd, dreamland, and battlefield. As far as smashville goes I really can't tell the edges look weird on all of its alts, other than the start alt, fd's alts have different collision boxes, as do battlefield's alts

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Here's a little something for you all for being so patient:

New SJS Rebuild render of ZSS!

Last edited:

Jfelt45

Smash Rookie
How do I disable the script that changes songs mid match? Jumping back and forth from song of storms to megalovAnia is messing with me

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
How do I disable the script that changes songs mid match? Jumping back and forth from song of storms to megalovAnia is messing with me
That definitely shouldn't be happening. Try reformatting your SD card.

Dr.Pepe-r

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to get this mod to work on Usb Loader Gx ? i already have brawl and pm on the same harddrive whit no problems, also, is there another download link besides mega? when i try to download it the file stops because i need to pay so i can download more than 1.5 mb and well, that just dumb (no ofense)

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
You don't need to pay to download anything in mega. That only happens for media fire links

Dr.Pepe-r

Smash Rookie
Nvm i found a way to fix my problem.
Btw is there any way to get this working on the usb loader gx ? or build and iso? i already have the PM iso and it works perfactly, but i tried building the legacy one whit the same program that i used for pm and it just got stuck on the black loading screen and then turn off the wii.

this is what i used to build the PM iso:
http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlbuilder-the-ultimate-ssbb-iso-builder.432675/
(i know that it says that legacy doesn't work on that yet but i just wanted to try.)

btw: i found some old covers for this mod, if some one wants to mod them or something else.
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBE35

Last edited:

Ticamus

Smash Rookie
Nvm i found a way to fix my problem.
Btw is there any way to get this working on the usb loader gx ? or build and iso? i already have the PM iso and it works perfactly, but i tried building the legacy one whit the same program that i used for pm and it just got stuck on the black loading screen and then turn off the wii.

this is what i used to build the PM iso:
http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlbuilder-the-ultimate-ssbb-iso-builder.432675/
(i know that it says that legacy doesn't work on that yet but i just wanted to try.)

btw: i found some old covers for this mod, if some one wants to mod them or something else.
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBE35
ISO don't work, use SD + USB with Configurable USB Loader. Perfectly work for me. (Helo forum)

Last edited:

PuffMama

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1864-8864-0767
@davidvkimball
First of all I love this project so much I can't even begin with how thankful I am that there is a nice clean competitive that changes a lot but not the important stuff.

Secondly, the only thing I don't personally enjoy are the custom voices for Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Wario, Dk, Diddy, etc. Is there anything I could do to get the originals back?

(PS if you could add the Jigglypuff Green Headband Alt to the next update i would beso happy)

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
(PS if you could add the Jigglypuff Green Headband Alt to the next update i would be so happy)
And the Awakening Roy with the redone Zero Suit Samus would also be a nice thing to have.

Last edited:

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
What if I don't have a Gamecube/Classic controller?
How do I turn rainbow mode or the special stages?
I only have 2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchuks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom