• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime art?

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one here who thinks that anime style art is really lame? I mean, I do watch some anime and I have nothing against the shows... but I just really hate anime art. Its like your stealing someone elses style and leeching of that rather that drawing how you see the world. IMO thats what art should be; the creation of something that represents how you see the world.

Please post an angry, opposing comment to this

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
All i can say is this...

Art is freedom. Any genre of art represents the artist's world, their thoughts, their ideals.
Saying one genre of art isn't doing so just takes away the freedom of art. And whats art without freedom.

--An anime artist.

Matt07

Smash Master
People have different tastes for different things like music.

People have different style's and way's to draw things even if it's in the same category. Like people might draw eyes differently on their anime character's, etc. They're still combining their own unique art style into that one style that influences them, in this case would be anime.

That's my take on it anyways.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
People have different tastes for different things like music.

People have different style's and way's to draw things even if it's in the same category. Like people might draw eyes differently on their anime character's, etc. They're still combining their own unique art style into that one style that influences them, in this case would be anime.

That's my take on it anyways.
You explained it waaaaaay better than i could.
I are has agreement with you.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Am I the only one here who thinks that anime style art is really lame? I mean, I do watch some anime and I have nothing against the shows... but I just really hate anime art. Its like your stealing someone elses style and leeching of that rather that drawing how you see the world. IMO thats what art should be; the creation of something that represents how you see the world.
I dunno if I would say 'lame'. I don't really care for it, only because it seems to have become really common, and I don't really find it interesting anymore. BUT. If you wanna get technical, almost any 'style' you use has more than likely been done before in the past by someone, so I don't really see how this is any worse in the sense of "leeching".

Also, it's not even really fair to say 'anime style' since a lot of them don't even look the same. Look at the art style of Dragonball Z, and you can't honestly say it looks like the style of Sailor Moon. But both are considered anime. I think sometimes we're too quick to lump all anime together...

Top Bottom