• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime, anyone?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I've seen quite a few anime fans around the boards...

Anime I watch:

-Trigun
-Hellsing
-Dragonball(not Z or GT)
-Tokyo Mew Mew
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Tales of The Abyss
-Fushigi Yuugi
-Inuyasha
-Full-Metal Alchemist
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-S-Cry-Ed
-Fate/Stay Night.

Pi

Smash Hero
Trigun
I hated vash's attitude, just kill someone already
Inuyasha got way way way to repetitive

No cowboy bebop?

Laijin

Smash Hero
You guys need to keep up with the new animes that are coming out.
This season, be sure to watch Sengoku Basara(Imagine Dragonball Z mixed with Samurai Champloo and Dynasty Warriors), Souten Kouro, Queen's Blade, Eden of the East and Phantom Requiem for the Requiem. Those animes seem to be doing fairly well.

Purple

Hi guys!
YESH!!!! I Loved that show back when I was a kid
aisha had some **** on her man. god ****. i recommend you get into a few episodes of cowboy bebop. the storyline overall is pretty basic and the filler episodes are amazingly hilarious. (or action packed)

quite frankly i don't see how you can't like that show.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's not that I don't like it, I just never got into it.

I never REALLY watched it, y'know?

Too busy watching everything else...

GA Peach

Smash Lord
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Umby

This + a show called Mabaruho which apparently isn't on MAL's database.
i love Maburaho. Kuriko, the blonde girl, was the best, obviously. Rin, the samurai girl, was pretty cool. Basically, the only character that sucked was Yuna, the pink haired girl.

and yes, Aisha was the only good part about Outlaw Star, and she wasn't spectacular... <_<

Frames

DI
tenchi universe anyone........lol it was my favorite tenchi anime

for nihongo...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMnGAp6-azA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMnGAp6-azA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GKuY5rdg6w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GKuY5rdg6w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pLdcLyS0V2w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pLdcLyS0V2w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Umby

Smash Master
i love Maburaho. Kuriko, the blonde girl, was the best, obviously. Rin, the samurai girl, was pretty cool. Basically, the only character that sucked was Yuna, the pink haired girl.

and yes, Aisha was the only good part about Outlaw Star, and she wasn't spectacular... <_<

Rin was cool, but wearing that outfit all the time kinda irritated me. Yuna sucked until the random scenes where she let her hair down. Yamase and Iba-sensei deserved more screen time.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
GA Peach loves them busty animated ladies...

apparently.
they're one of the great reasons to watch anime, imo. truthfully, i have a VERY varied taste when it comes to anime, though large breasts and comedy are two of my favorites, lol.

Hey guys.
DONT. Check out K-ON.
Unless you like an extremely predictable story and just about everything that could be bad is bad in your animu.
K-On is NOT that bad, dood. it's not my favorite series, but it is kinda funny, and has 2 cool characters in Mio and Tsumugi. A little too cutesy/shoujo sometimes, but not bad by any means. Queen's Blade is godlike, though, if you are a real man, lol.

Rin was cool, but wearing that outfit all the time kinda irritated me. Yuna sucked until the random scenes where she let her hair down. Yamase and Iba-sensei deserved more screen time.
I LOVED Rin's outfit. I thought it was good looking, plus made her very distinguished. Kuriko's was the best, though. Basic school outfit + shorter than regulation skirt + garter = me ramming her until she needs a wheelchair, imo. :ohwell:

You people should watch Ah My Goddess.
This i am in agreement with. Both the TV series and the OVA series were very good. And, Belldandy is one of the best and most benevolent characters ever.

watch elfen leid and soul eater..theres this other one but hard to spell..kurokami
i personally didn't like elfen leid...i heard soul eater was good, though.

So...is Ah my Goddess Shoujo or Shounen?
if it had any classification, it would be more shoujo, although Urd keeps it from being completely that way. but as XIF said, it's just a solidly good anime.

Laijin

Smash Hero
one of my favorites.

Hajime No Ippo is still my favorite all time though.
This.
is the ****ing truth.
Ippo is THE BEST ****ing series ever.
You can't compare this series to any other anime or manga out there.
Why? Because its simply better than whatever the **** you compare it to.
How?
Its older/longer than whatever your comparing it to.
They have more interesting characters.
The plot is better.
Everything about this series is GOOD.
Their bull**** is more acceptable(Anyone remember Miyata vs Randy Boy. Jr?)

However, the anime..can't say much about it. Until I see the Battle of the Hawks, my opinion will remain neutral. That is the only reason I even care to watch the anime(and also I am a huge Ippo fan. lol). I can do without the orchestra music during fights..I miss the old instrumentals.

Also: HARUHI 2.

Purple

Hi guys!
This.
is the ****ing truth.
How?
The plot is better.

However, the anime..can't say much about it. Until I see the Battle of the Hawks, my opinion will remain neutral. That is the only reason I even care to watch the anime(and also I am a huge Ippo fan. lol). I can do without the orchestra music during fights..I miss the old instrumentals.

i don't remember any matches that miyata was in. But i do remember the match where the guy kept headbutting ippo

Umby

Smash Master
This.
is the ****ing truth.
How?
The plot is better.

Better than Gurren Lagann? If so, I'll have to watch it after I re-watch Shuffle.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Gurren Lagann... fell from grace to be polite after the first season. The first season was an acceptable story but was kind of ruined when
Kamina, THE BEST CHARACTER, died.

Ippo is my favorite series, but it's not incomparably good. Plus I think there are series that you can't compare it to. Death Note I think is good but it's hard to compare.

But yeah, I like Ippo completely because of the characters. Character development is the most important aspect of that series, and that's what really interests me. There are no throwaway characters really, and none of them are completely unlikeable (except for Brian Hawk, but his character had such an amazing build up and the set up for the fight between takamura and Brian Hawk was so charged that it's excuseable).

Laijin

Smash Hero
i don't remember any matches that miyata was in. But i do remember the match where the guy kept headbutting ippo
Miyata vs RBJ was pretty recent in the manga, not the anime. RBJ was a character literally made to counter everything Miyata could throw at him.
So..
RBJ pretty much destroyed Miyata in the second half of the match. Destroyed him so badly that his ribs were completely broken, he could no longer use his right and the speed of his punches were cut down. He could also throw almost no counters or even move around much. Miyata was obviously going to lose the match. There was no ****ing way in hell he was going to win. Then he did some bull**** corkscrew punch that twisted his arm 360 degrees around, which magically made his punch faster and hit RBJ with it which won him the match for some complete bull**** reason. Yea...cause that totally makes sense.

Better than Gurren Lagann? If so, I'll have to watch it after I re-watch Shuffle.
Yes. Ippo is better than Gurren Lagann.

Gurren Lagann... fell from grace to be polite after the first season. The first season was an acceptable story but was kind of ruined when
Kamina, THE BEST CHARACTER, died.

Ippo is my favorite series, but it's not incomparably good. Plus I think there are series that you can't compare it to. Death Note I think is comparably good but it's hard to compare.

But yeah, I like Ippo completely because of the characters. Character development is the most important aspect of that series, and that's what really interests me. There are no throwaway characters really, and none of them are completely unlikeable (except for Brian Hawk, but his character had such an amazing build up and the set up for the fight between takamura and Brian Hawk was so charged that it's excuseable).
First. I'd like to say:
Brian Hawk is one of my favorite Ippo characters. His fight with Takamura is one of my favorite fights in the series and I hope they do it justice in the anime. I also hope they at least go through the WWII arc with Kamagawa at least before ending, cause that was awesome too. But not likely since the anime stops at episode 25 I believe(after the Hawk fight).

Anyways.

Hey Xif. I thought you were cool for a moment. Did you just say Ippo is not as good as Death Note? Really? Of ALL animes..you had to say Death Note.
Death Note in my opinion is the most overated garbage i've ever seen. The only good thing that EVER came from Death Note was the third Death Note movie(L: Save the World. L becomes a superhero and beats up badguys. **** was so awesome). Other than that, Death Note actually kinda sucks..
So I can't agree with you there.

Why don't I like Death Note?
Simple. It was pretty boring at most moments. Everything exciting that happened I generally just did'nt care about. If you want to see Death Note but with ACTUAL good writing check out Code Geass.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Miyata vs RBJ was pretty recent in the manga, not the anime. RBJ was a character literally made to counter everything Miyata could throw at him.
So..
RBJ pretty much destroyed Miyata in the second half of the match. Destroyed him so badly that his ribs were completely broken, he could no longer use his right and the speed of his punches were cut down. He could also throw almost no counters or even move around much. Miyata was obviously going to lose the match. There was no ****ing way in hell he was going to win. Then he did some bull**** corkscrew punch that twisted his arm 360 degrees around, which magically made his punch faster and hit RBJ with it which won him the match for some complete bull**** reason. Yea...cause that totally makes sense.

Yes. Ippo is better than Gurren Lagann.

First. I'd like to say:
Brian Hawk is one of my favorite Ippo characters. His fight with Takamura is one of my favorite fights in the series and I hope they do it justice in the anime. I also hope they at least go through the WWII arc with Kamagawa at least before ending, cause that was awesome too. But not likely since the anime stops at episode 25 I believe(after the Hawk fight).

Anyways.

Hey Xif. I thought you were cool for a moment. Did you just say Ippo is not as good as Death Note? Really? Of ALL animes..you had to say Death Note.
Death Note in my opinion is the most overated garbage i've ever seen. The only good thing that EVER came from Death Note was the third Death Note movie(L: Save the World. L becomes a superhero and beats up badguys. **** was so awesome). Other than that, Death Note actually kinda sucks..
So I can't agree with you there.

Why don't I like Death Note?
Simple. It was pretty boring at most moments. Everything exciting that happened I generally just did'nt care about. If you want to see Death Note but with ACTUAL good writing check out Code Geass.
Well first of all, Your opinion doesn't matter if your favorite character is Brian Hawk <_<;

second off, I'm talking about the DeathNote Manga, not the Anime, and if you don't like it then I don't know what to tell you besides the fact you have bad taste.

thirdly: I said that the 2 are good for incomparable reasons, you can't like or dislike either series for the same reasons, they are 2 completely different types of manga. I never said one was better than the other.

you know, I agree with Marty, you're an idiot, I think you try to argue for the sake of arguing, and its tiring to even hold a conversation with you when you completely warp things and take everything out of context.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Well first of all, Your opinion doesn't matter if your favorite character is Brian Hawk <_<;

second off, I'm talking about the DeathNote Manga, not the Anime, and if you don't like it then I don't know what to tell you besides the fact you have bad taste.

thirdly: I said that the 2 are good for incomparable reasons, you can't like or dislike either series for the same reasons, they are 2 completely different types of manga. I never said one was better than the other.

you know, I agree with Marty, you're an idiot, I think you try to argue for the sake of arguing, and its tiring to even hold a conversation with you when you completely warp things and take everything out of context.
First off. Brian Hawk is awesome.

Secondly. I never bothered with the manga because I disliked the anime so much and I figured "Hey..there could'nt possibly be that much of a difference between them". If the difference between the anime and the manga are the same as the anime and the movies, then I probably would not like it.

Third: You can dislike both for the same reasons. Character development, story, etc etc. Their all general categories that apply to every manga or anime. So yea, you can easily make a comparison between two completely different genres.

I respected your opinion about Death Note being better than Ippo and all..thats cool. Its your opinion. All I did was state my opinion about Death Note and you call me an idiot because my opinion does not match yours. >__> Thats a great a way to have a conversation with someone.

Top Bottom