• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animania Brisbane, Australia: Brawl Singles Results

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Animania Brisbane​

Well I had a blast guys. This was definitely not an easy thing to do, and although I feel sort of used by the Animania staff, I am also grateful to them for allowing us to run a tournament at the convention.

The convention itself was held at a hotel attached to Roma Street Station named 'Holiday Inn' and is your typical anime convention. Excellent location in some regards as it's literally attached to the train station, making public transport VERY easy.

But for us directing the tournament...:urg:

Well to start off parking cost us $35 dollars. We didn't have much of a choice either, since we had to pick up our TVs at the end (We delivered our TV's there the day before - And THAT is another story of miscommunication altogether).

So I volunteered *JUST* for the Brawl tourney, but they took a TV from us for the Tekken Tournament. I didn't mind that too much though. But it was when they expected US to run the Tekken tournament as well which was when I started getting really annoyed. I told them to shove it I refused to do any such thing, and left them to their own devices to run the tournament. The tournament got myabe 10 people anyway, so I had no interest in wasting any time.

The ruleset for this changed on the day, seeing as we had a reasonable amount of people playing.

Double Elim
3 stock
Best of 1 round
Items on low

Okay before you say 'ZOMG ITEMS YOU NUB' it is an anime convention we're talking about, and a majority of the people entering are just casuals that care not for the laws of competitive smash.

My team and I worked our collective rears off to run this tournament just to gleam more smashers for the competitive scene and more importantly, the Queensland Brawl Buddies national tournament coming up in just 1 week.

It may not seem like a necessary step in America just to grow the smash scene, but it is here, it is in many areas in the world. And dare I say, Australia has got it good compared to some other countries.

Anyway, without any further ado, here are the results:

1: Amaterasu - Metaknight (CHEEEP CHEEEP IMA BIRD .... j/k <3 )
2: Aron Coert (K-0S) - Mario

3: Patrick Policar - Lucas
4: Daniel Posner
5: Liam Dux
5: calvin kowald
7: Matthew Rayner
7: Bob (DJcat) - Yoshi/Snake
9: Anthony Hopwood
9: Julian Galvin
9: James Dickson (Yokai)
9: Patrick Elumba
13: anthoney nguwyn
13: Andre Sim
13: nathan mcloud
13: Chris Smith
17: Thomas Parker
17: Ben Hills
17: Reece Bardon
17: Amber
17: William Sim
17: Shaun Petty
17: Emily
17: Brent Moore
25: daniel
25: Leslie Llloyd
25: Jemma
25: Ryan Ragap
25: Kayahan
25: Nikola Milosevic
25: Saviol Au
25: Kai Pinczel
33: Daniel de Waard
33: Matt Tarraran
33: Lana Thompson
33: jessica olave
33: Matthew Bilby
33: Sasha Hollander
33: Lochlan Fraser
33: Navarone Feekery
33: Jake Cole
33: Katrina Elunea
33: sandor cohari
33: Jeremy Visser
33: Mitchell De Ward

My very best thanks (AKA Shoutouts) go to:

Amaterasu - For contributing your TV for the tournament and for being the nicest guy I've ever met (since I met Radiance). Grats on taking out the tournament.

Rune - Without you, I fear this tournament would not have been possible. I am forever and ever grateful to your car (And you). Nice haul at the convention :)

Yokai - Thanks for lending me the cash :) And thanks for helping me run the tournament. You did a very very good job helping me co-ordinate people. I really hope that we can reproduce it for Queensland Brawl Buddies.

Arrow - Your TV is TOO FREAKKING HEAVY BLARRRGH. Thanks for bringing like, 8 controllers lol. I'm really grateful that you helped out. Also, hot **** your girlfriend is good at Tetris. She was doing like SUPAR INSTA DEATH MODE, and now I want to learn how to play like that :laugh:

DJcat - lub <3 (Dammit, why are CAOTIC's sayings so infectious? BOOZERWOXY KYOOTE) Needs more Perfect Dark and Pokemon Puzzle League.

Gords

Smash Champion
pokemon puzzle league for the win please so done have that when I'm in Brisbane and I will play. I used to lvr that game.

Yokai

Smash Ace
I failed this tourny (like I fail most tournies)

Oh well, least I did my best, stupid items LOL.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well i am happy i didn't pay for parking.. i just captain falconed to my car and back in 10 minutes =P
only bad thing about the tournament was i didn't get to play i should have tho >.< since james did
i hunted down the top 9 tho and beat them XP well the ones i hunted down anyway.

there were alot of noobs and fanboys to be excepted =P
(like that guy that went up to everyone and was complaining about roy being the best @_@)
(or the guy that never used a tech move to help recover... lol)

there was only one snake player how disapointing.... he wasn't very good..
"hey do up tilt.. u will kill him..."- me
"no i cant do up tilt its hard."-him
:/ <-- my face
"use more grenades" -me
"2 harrrd..." - him
:/ <-- my face as he contuines to use only nikata missles and badly placed c4 @_@

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
lol it was pretty much the best thing about the event. Was my first Animania but **** was it small. Supernova FTW. Anthony maybe you can get a Tourney going at the next Supernova? Be alot more people and more room as well

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i liked it better than supernova.. high quality cosplay i think... but it was cramped. nice venue tho..
the massive amounts of people at supernova were annoying @_@

i think booker played my doubles partner he was a marth.. i think i played u in a free for all with my snake 2 XD ... there were only 2 snakes there so if u still dont know.. i was the one not up my self XD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
did someone take any photos of the event cus i think queensland can do with a smash album to use for future newsletters

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have both (a few) Photos to post up, and A movie montage of the day to edit.
: )

Don't worry, QBB will provide plenty of photos.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i liked it better than supernova.. high quality cosplay i think... but it was cramped. nice venue tho..
the massive amounts of people at supernova were annoying @_@

i think booker played my doubles partner he was a marth.. i think i played u in a free for all with my snake 2 XD ... there were only 2 snakes there so if u still dont know.. i was the one not up my self XD
Was that the guy with the Wii mote and Nunchuck? Green Shirt? where you the guy in the middle of us?

And i like Supernova better coz im there to buy **** and without The awesome takamart or what ever its called there isnt much to buy (normaly buy all my anime from Amazon since America is faster and cooler boxsets and cheaper)
but yeah more stores and more famous people at Supernova (I MET GOKU FFS IN SYDNEY WTFBBQ!)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah i believe so.. u use dk right? well friendlies are just for fun i guess. well i kinda forget the match but i remember your controller.. it made an impression on me being wireless and all XP

well both venues are overpriced.. even ebay and amazon.. maaaan i am cheap =P internet ftw

ide just like to add supernova needed way more chairs.. @_@ it did have mariokart that was awesome.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
yeah i believe so.. u use dk right? well friendlies are just for fun i guess. well i kinda forget the match but i remember your controller.. it made an impression on me being wireless and all XP

well both venues are overpriced.. even ebay and amazon.. maaaan i am cheap =P internet ftw

ide just like to add supernova needed way more chairs.. @_@ it did have mariokart that was awesome.
Bob/DJ Cat used DK.
Billy/B00ker uses IC's and Dedede.

Top Bottom