• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

animal crossing characters in brawl

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, when dealing with a troll, it's best to just report their posts but otherwise completely ignore them.

So what is this thread about? Animal Crossing characters in Brawl?

It certainly seems possible. With the stage(s?) and item(s?). I honestly thought from the beginning that Animal Crossing would only be represented with a stage. The item was a surprise, oddly. I would like for Kapp'n to be playable... unfortunately I think Resetti is more popular overall. Although, Tom Nook would seemingly be even more popular than him and look what happened there? (I don't believe the whole 'Tom Nook wouldn't appear in the background anymore once he is unlocked' thing at all... but, this is a new game so anything could happen I guess...) Anyway, the AC Human has the best chances I'd say. Being the main character, all those items, and most importantly being on Sakurai's poll!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
You sir, are a F***ing idiot, Lip didn't get in because, oh I don't know her weapon that she would have used got in? Seriously did you expect if she was in her weapon would be an item,as well it makes no sense. Oh and BTW balloon fighter was supposed to be in melee infact he was in the beta version of it, they took him out for some unapparent reason. Also another argument settled here there was supposed to be a fire emblem stage too, but they cut it out as well. that's why they have FE music in hyrule temple. And for the people who say Resetti can't be in because he's always in the ground, you can actually see him feet included, in his own house.

I dunno who you think you are but your the idiot. im not gonna repost all of what i said already about them not getting in. you my dear can go back a few pages and look for that. i'll say what I have to one last time because clearly all of the people who are praying at night that an Animal crossing character will be playable reside in here. and im fine with it because just like the Deoxys people you'll feel stupid and come up with some excuse as to why they didnt make the cut.

"yeah sure Animal crossing has a logo. and then you look at let's say Dr wright and he has a smash symbol. why is that? it's because dr wright is an AT trophy and that alone.

the reason why animal crossing got the leaf symbol is because the series is being represented as a STAGE. it would be awfully stupid for them to give it the smash symbol when it's from another franchise. Simcity is being represented by an item therefore it wont be getting it's own icon. common sense right. so the "oh they have their own Icon it means a character will be playble needs to stop" you look at groudon. his Icon is a pokeball and we all now he's not playable. why did he get the pokeball as an icon? its because pokemon is being represented not only by a stage but also characters.

I think people should be saying "wow at least we are getting an AC stage and an AC item"
to me that if anything shows that Sakurai is trying to make up for the fact that they wont be playble. so throw in a bunch of AC stuff at least to please some fans. at least he is acknowledging them enough to do that much. shoot why do you think Kirby had 3 stages in melee. to make up for the fact that he was the sole character rep form his game. same for DK. same for Yoshi. need i go on?"

everyone knew Yoshi was going to be playble so whoever brought up the stupid thing about his egg makes no sense. It makes no sense to try to make assumptions as to how Sakurai updates things on the smash dojo. so the order in which things appear makes no sense either. Animal crossing will not be getting a playble character plain and simple and i can say that with the upmost confidence. just like i did Deoxys and Paulutena. They dont even remotely fight. they are good natured little animal things.that's why they got a cute little stage.even the cutest of cute pokemon are tougher than them. I cant picture them fighting in Brawl moveset or not. what are they gonna call a playble human from animal crossing. Human? c'mon now. all of you are holding on to some stupid glimmer of hope. I would expect this from the gamfaqs forum but hey go figure.you'd think with valid evidence and things pointed out at you that it would finally hit you but alas it doesnt. they are in the background gosh what more do you need? that's the world for you. man constantly forces themselves to believe things that are not true. I have nothing else to say in this thread.it's pointless really.just remember when they are 100% decomfirmed like Deoxys and Paulutena remember what I said.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
i reported coolchirs 5 times for being rude, double posts, harassing, swearing, and again, being rude

and about animal crossing, which character does everyone think most likely to get in IF an animal crossing character gets in

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i reported coolchirs 5 times for being rude, double posts, harassing, swearing, and again, being rude
im sure everyone did. he was just an annoying obstacle anywayz.
to the point, i heard tsumo contradict my theory before "cool"chris' thread got closed. i see where u go with that. but wen u sed that icons dont mean anything, then if they made an icon for Pitfall (which is an item) because it has a stage, well then, if icons dont mean anything, why then didnt they put anything for Dr Wright? just an assumption anyway

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
its hard to see how you could give a moveset to an animal crossing character but that would b cool if there was one. the creaters are smart though.
i truly think mr ressetti will be the wtf character =]

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, I really don't expect them to be in a fighting roster, unless they are joke characters. ATs are a definate possibility.

From I read of the Animal Crossing world, turning the more notable characters into fighters... just feel wrong. There's no form of competitions within the game, much less combat. They're like the average joes of the world.

I mean look at the other series, they all revolve around combat and competitions of some sort.

Mario - stomping Goomba, throwing Koopa shells, etc.
Yoshi - Eating enemies for eggs to use as ammo
Donkey Kong - throwing barrels, and beating up lizard enemies
Zelda - Young hero weilding a sword to... yes... defeat monsters.
Metroid - Armored Bounty Hunter w/ energy blaster, nuff said
Kirby - Eat enemies, borrow their powers
Star Fox - Fly around in an Arwing to blow up invading forces
Pokemon - Whole concept is basically getting monsters to beat up other monsters
F-Zero - While the racers never get into fisticuffs with each other, they still have a competitive nature
Earthbound - An RPG to the core, w/ the typical beat up monsters for exp points
Ice Climbers - Those hammers aren't just for breaking the ice, there also for beating up the animals that are in your way.
Fire Emblem - A lord who leads armies to conflicts
Game and Watch - objectives of some games involve fighting off something
Kid Icarus - Fight off the forces of Medusa
Wario - Beat up enemies in the way of treasure

In contrast, Animal Crossing is a life sim game, where conflicts and competition are non-existant. To imagine them fighting, it's totally out of character for them and for the world they represent.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, I really don't expect them to be in a fighting roster, unless they are joke characters. ATs are a definate possibility.

From I read of the Animal Crossing world, turning the more notable characters into fighters... just feel wrong. There's no form of competitions within the game, much less combat. They're like the average joes of the world.

I mean look at the other series, they all revolve around combat and competitions of some sort.

Mario - stomping Goomba, throwing Koopa shells, etc.
Yoshi - Eating enemies for eggs to use as ammo
Donkey Kong - throwing barrels, and beating up lizard enemies
Zelda - Young hero weilding a sword to... yes... defeat monsters.
Metroid - Armored Bounty Hunter w/ energy blaster, nuff said
Kirby - Eat enemies, borrow their powers
Star Fox - Fly around in an Arwing to blow up invading forces
Pokemon - Whole concept is basically getting monsters to beat up other monsters
F-Zero - While the racers never get into fisticuffs with each other, they still have a competitive nature
Earthbound - An RPG to the core, w/ the typical beat up monsters for exp points
Ice Climbers - Those hammers aren't just for breaking the ice, there also for beating up the animals that are in your way.
Fire Emblem - A lord who leads armies to conflicts
Game and Watch - objectives of some games involve fighting off something
Kid Icarus - Fight off the forces of Medusa
Wario - Beat up enemies in the way of treasure

In contrast, Animal Crossing is a life sim game, where conflicts and competition are non-existant. To imagine them fighting, it's totally out of character for them and for the world they represent.

ya... but if they rewally wanted him in they could do like Dr Mario.
his game was a puzzle,,, yet he was a clone and pretty good.
im not saying ressetti would be a clone. i just think they could get cretive like Captain Falcon did when all he had were racing games.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe... What do you mean the Animal Crossing characters aren't competitive? They try to out-do each other by catching the biggest fish/bug. :grin:

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
lol @ Oasis
i thought AC was like Sims. thats why i never played it, Sims was enough for me as it was. but C Falcon was creative (was the Falcon Punch made up, or was it in the anime, i never watched that thing).
i really dont see how Sakurai could make a moveset off AC, but the icon theory (which i still have small faith in) could still be accurate in some way. even if the stage was only there to represent AC, y does that have to mean that items are less important? well yea, no one likes to use them in a real fight, but theyre there taken from other games as it is. so basically, if the icons are there for some ATs (which are characters who didnt make it as playable), y not put an icon for ones that dide to rep theyre game anywayz?
i know that people could prove me wrong on this, but its something that still bothers me. saying stage is more important than an item isnt really good enough IMO

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I realized that AC character designs are similar to Ness. Big head, small body. Also, I can't say for sure because I never played much of Earthbound, but did Ness ever actually do an physical attacks? he used his bat and yo-yo, correct? This is just for the AC human (Whom I bet they would name 'Smasher') but, pull many of the items from the games and use them for attacks, (such as a Balloon or Umbrella for an Up-B, Slingshot for B, Shovel for Down-B, and Axe for Side-B [Although that could also work as a Forward Smash], and Fishing Pole for a grab :grin:) and give him some punches and kicks and you'd have yourself a moveset.

(I think it would be hilarious if his dash attack was to trip!)

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
the ac characters would be a little weird to see, but when i saw mr.g and w i was like wtf, so you never know. their grab might be the fidhing pole, like links chain, or a net

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Mr. Resetti makes for an easy moveset.

Imagine what the Ice Climbers do with their hammers, then imagine it with a pickaxe and you have the same idea.

Top Bottom