• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

animal crossing characters in brawl

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well I suppose we can now sadly count out Tom Nook, Redd, Totakeke and the humans. Mr Resetti just wouldn't work very well as he has no legs, but maybe someone like Gulliver or Rover who both play important roles (at least in the first one, haven't played the second one) but without Nooky I just don't care about an AC character anymore.
They probably would have all made better ATs anyway...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
omg it's like I have to say the same thing a gazillion times. for me it's not a matter of how the animal crossing characters look or that Sakurai cant give them a move set because he can im sure. the reasoning behind them being in the game is what's kinda dumb. ok here we go. yeah sure Animal crossing has a logo. and then you look at let's say Dr wright and he has a smash symbol. why is that? it's because dr wright is an AT trophy and that alone.

the reason why animal crossing got the leaf symbol is because the series is being represented as a STAGE. it would be awfully stupid for them to give it the smash symbol when it's from another franchise. Simcity is being represented by an item therefore it wont be getting it's own icon. common sense right. so the "oh they have their own Icon it means a character will be playble needs to stop" you look at groudon. his Icon is a pokeball and we all now he's not playable. why did he get the pokeball as an icon? its because pokemon is being represented not only by a stage but also characters.

Them being in the background doesnt help either. yeah yeah you will probablly say
"they could easily remove the person that you pick from the background" which is true. but it's a waste of time. why go through the trouble to put them in the background and then take them out. when they could have just not put them in the background in the first place. I kinda dont see the sense in that.

I think people should be saying "wow at least we are getting an AC stage and an AC item"
to me that if anything shows that Sakurai is trying to make up for the fact that they wont be playble. so throw in a bunch of AC stuff at least to please some fans. at least he is acknowledging them enough to do that much. shoot why do you think Kirby had 3 stages in melee. to make up for the fact that he was the sole character rep form his game. same for DK. same for Yoshi. need i go on?

honestly it's nice to know that you guys are true fans of the franchise. and again I dont think that it would be hard to give them a moveset. I dont think it would be hard to give Daisy a moveset but i dont think she'll be playable. anyway I cant picture it I just cant. and it's not because I dont want to. I was right about Deoxys when everyone on here was DEOXYS FTW WOOO!!! and im not trying to be mean. hopefully someone will read this and be realistic cause wow im tired of saying this all the time.
I actually completely agree with this (including the Deoxys part), and I believe I've said things similar to this effect a few times on here ("here", meaning "on this board"). But clearly not as many as you, because you seem exhausted, haha.

Regardless, I still wouldn't mind Tom Nook or someone else from the AC cast to be playable. It's just that stages and icons don't mean a thing to me in terms of confirmation.

And Shade 64, this may not have been what you'd meant when you made this thread, but some people do have mindset of "STAGE TOTALLY = CHARACTER OMG". So I still think this needed to be said.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
it's not meant to start an argument or anything like that. and im not mad at you. im just tired of all these dumb suggestions. mr resitti or whatever his name is a prime example. your giving your theory and im stating facts as to why they most likely wont be playable that's all. they might who knows but it's not looking good. and thanks Circus I was wondering if i was the only one.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai wanted to tease us further more without saying anything about Tom Nook, he could guve us a music update which is related to AC.
well its pretty clear there will be a AC song to go with the level.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
wat about " home turf"

it's not meant to start an argument or anything like that. and im not mad at you. im just tired of all these dumb suggestions. mr resitti or whatever his name is a prime example. your giving your theory and im stating facts as to why they most likely wont be playable that's all. they might who knows but it's not looking good.

smash rule 101:
"if theres a stage, theres a character"

basic principle that if changed, would change how this game was played.
resetti will b the ??wtf??? character most likely. its obvious.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
they might who knows but it's not looking good.
Huh? It's not looking "good"?

I'm afraid that, yes, items and stages DO increase the chances for a character because it means that the franchise has at least been considered for inclusion.

Of course the stage doesn't guarantee a character, but it certainly hints to one, especially considering Sakurai made d@mn certain to show us a number of different AC characters in the background of the stage and yet there are a few familiar faces which are notably absent.

I suspect Resetti as an AT, honestly, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turned out to be playable.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
this forum went in a complete STUPID direction, i created it to point out to people about the similarities to having an item and a stage and how ever other non-seceret, ( and some seceret) have always had atleast a stage and an icon, and usually and item, so what i was saying, is there a resemblence, yes or no, and if people think it could happen, not who will be in it or if they want them ( sorry to the fact that i contrubuted to this)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
smash rule 101:
"if theres a stage, theres a character"

basic principle that if changed, would change how this game was played.
resetti will b the ??wtf??? character most likely. its obvious.
Eh.. about that rule..

Marth and Roy don't have a Fire Emblem stage in Melee.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Eh.. about that rule..

Marth and Roy don't have a Fire Emblem stage in Melee.
The rule is the other way around, actually. What it's saying is "If there's a Fire Emblem stage then there must be a Fire Emblem character." Not "If there's a Fire Emblem character there must be a stage."

Now nobody can say that for sure. Brawl is a new game, and the logic that applied in the creation of Melee may, and probably is not the same.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet

I'm afraid that, yes, items and stages DO increase the chances for a character because it means that the franchise has at least been considered for inclusion.

Of course the stage doesn't guarantee a character, but it certainly hints to one, especially considering Sakurai made d@mn certain to show us a number of different AC characters in the background of the stage and yet there are a few familiar faces which are notably absent.

I suspect Resetti as an AT, honestly, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turned out to be playable.
this forum went in a complete STUPID direction, i created it to point out to people about the similarities to having an item and a stage and how ever other non-seceret, ( and some seceret) have always had atleast a stage and an icon, and usually and item, so what i was saying, is there a resemblence, yes or no, and if people think it could happen, not who will be in it or if they want them ( sorry to the fact that i contrubuted to this)

then dont creat such obvious threads.
if theres a stage theres a character.
its a simple ssb property that will also apply to brawl.
mr resetti will most likely b the WTF??? character likr G&W was.

no will a mod end this thread cuz its failing

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
then dont creat such obvious threads.
if theres a stage theres a character.
its a simple ssb property that will also apply to brawl.
mr resetti will most likely b the WTF??? character likr G&W was.

no will a mod end this thread cuz its failing

ummm, thanks , someone final (kinda)gets what i'm saying, if t,heres a stage and an item, theres a player, but i didn't really agree with the rest

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Really we can't be so sure of that.

Brawl is a NEW game, and the logic may not work! Sure I'd love to see an Animal Crossing character but it's not a for sure thing.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman

items and stages do not increase the chances of a character. where was lip in melee? she had her item in the game lips stick. where was balloon fighter. wasnt that flipper from there also? and im sure dr wright isnt getting his own stage. I really think a stage, an AT, and an item is enough. items and stages dont guarentee anything.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i can say that it is a for sure thing. and if i am wrong than this game isnt improving the way it should
You can't say it's a for sure thing. Nobody can say it's a for sure thing unless Sakurai confirms it. Don't be silly.

I don't see how not having an Animal Crossing character means that the game "isn't improving the way it should." Maybe Sakurai thinks that repping Animal Crossing with a stage and an item is good enough. I mean Animal Crossing wasn't a "typical game" per say. There wasn't any fighting in it, not that that says much to Sakurai, but he could think that.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
tstumo, i'm not saying that its guranted, i just wanted to put the idea out into the smash comutnity but with something to back up the theroy, thats all!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
that wasnt directed toward you. thing is I dont blame you. It's the people who are going by some stupid rules and want to Guarantee an Animal crossing character has a spot.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
u..... ya...

You can't say it's a for sure thing. Nobody can say it's a for sure thing unless Sakurai confirms it. Don't be silly.

I don't see how not having an Animal Crossing character means that the game "isn't improving the way it should." Maybe Sakurai thinks that repping Animal Crossing with a stage and an item is good enough. I mean Animal Crossing wasn't a "typical game" per say. There wasn't any fighting in it, not that that says much to Sakurai, but he could think that.

Sakurai already confirmed it.......... by showing us the stage and item.
ur just like the spectators that kept thinking of ways of how to become Zamus when the trailer shows Samus using her final smash. then the update came and everyone acted all suprised.
if theres a animal crossing character (which i really dont care i just want sumthing to argue bout) then dont b like oh... i thought AC was already represented enough cuz tomnooks sings on saturday nights. boohoo why didnt sakurai tell us he was going to put a ac character earlier.
w.e

BTW i like your ideas =]

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He hasn't confirmed anything except for the stage and item.

>_>

I want an Animal Crossing character so I wouldn't oppose it, I'm just saying we can't get too ahead of ourselves right now.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
ya you guys are probobly right. animal crossing was slower paced then FE. a chacracter that will actually fight amongst bowser from AC probobly wont happend. but i wish they didnt bend the rules about having stages were no playable characters represent them

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
and i'm trying to say that we are jumping the gun, we can comfrim anything, nor deny it, so untill someone comes with more proof, or another intelegent thing to add, i think we should stop bickering anyone agree?

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
What happen to people saying "Every character has to have a stage?" Don't tell me Marth and Roy didn't have a stage, because they planned to have one.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
marth and roy didn't technecally have a stage but hyrul tempel does have music but lets just drop it " if they got a stage, there is a player," cause is not proven or disproven, remeber in brawl, every character has a different flavour, so why cant the rules, and other things also change? hmmmmmm!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i just think that the stupid animal crossing series(and pikmin)
should stay outta brawl.
Well looks like you're out of luck.

Animal Crossing has it's stage and item, so no, "the stupid animal crossing series" is not being kept out of Brawl.

Also, I doubt Sakurai would ignore the Pikmin series. Olimar is unique, and characters that are unique make Sakurai interested in them.

Sounds like somebody needs to accept that the world doesn't revolve around their opinions.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
i hate people who hate pikmin

i just think that the stupid animal crossing series(and pikmin)
should stay outta brawl.
even if u dont like the game, think about the sales and benefits the games did 4 nintendo. thats why those two games might make it. they deserve it.
but on a more personel level. nobody likes mewtwo anymore so change your avatar:mad:

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
why are people so.... against anything, its just a game, and if they do have any pikmin it could always make the game better! and ac, the stage looks cool, the item is funny, so we should be glad, i wouldn't be thrilled if pikmin or ac characters made it in the game, but NOT to the extend to be that mad

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
It's true AC and Pikmin are really popular series in America and Japan so why wouldn't they get representation in Brawl. It's possible they may only come up as an AT but it seems much more plausable that they will ALSO get a character representation

MDupont

Smash Cadet
It would be dumb NOT to include a character from AC in the game when they have a symbol, stage, and item.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
f u

metallic, i think the same way u do, but what can we do, and coolchris, shut up man, taj is one of the best players and he use mewtwo.. -.-

mewtwo sucks *** and people like you should go in a corner and play your pokemon blue on your gameboy .
mario owns luigi
so you shut up.
i can beat you anyday on ssbm. GTFO

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
mewtwo sucks *** and people like you should go in a corner and play your pokemon blue on your gameboy .
mario owns luigi
so you shut up.
i can beat you anyday on ssbm. GTFO
wtf is your problem, this is about animal crossing in brawl, if people like mewtwo, let them, i personaly lke luigi better than mario, but thats me, and they are evenly matched, and who are you to say you can beat anyone, now get back on topic, or you can gtfo, clear?

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
items and stages do not increase the chances of a character. where was lip in melee? she had her item in the game lips stick. where was balloon fighter. wasnt that flipper from there also? and im sure dr wright isnt getting his own stage. I really think a stage, an AT, and an item is enough. items and stages dont guarentee anything.
You sir, are a F***ing idiot, Lip didn't get in because, oh I don't know her weapon that she would have used got in? Seriously did you expect if she was in her weapon would be an item,as well it makes no sense. Oh and BTW balloon fighter was supposed to be in melee infact he was in the beta version of it, they took him out for some unapparent reason. Also another argument settled here there was supposed to be a fire emblem stage too, but they cut it out as well. that's why they have FE music in hyrule temple. And for the people who say Resetti can't be in because he's always in the ground, you can actually see him feet included, in his own house.

Top Bottom