• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angling the Fsmash

Equus

Smash Cadet
While fooling around with the sandbag on wifi, I accidentally learned that Kirby can angle his Fsmash by holding the control stick up or down while C-sticking left or right. Has this been discussed yet? I want to make sure before I do any more experimenting with it.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean like Luigi's Fsmash? Like tilting it up will cause a higher chance of a KO?

Equus

Smash Cadet
Do you mean like Luigi's Fsmash? Like tilting it up will cause a higher chance of a KO?
I think so. Though I don't know how tilting will affect Kirby's Fsmash-KO potential. For now I just want to make sure that this isn't old news. THEN I can look at answering that question. XD

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
I think so. Though I don't know how tilting will affect Kirby's Fsmash-KO potential. For now I just want to make sure that this isn't old news. THEN I can look at answering that question. XD
Well I've never heard of it but if does turn out to increase the chance of KO's I only have one thing to say, YAY NICE FIND.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Sorry, its old news. Been in other smash brother games too. It's cool that you fount out on your own tho. But as far as ko power, im pretty sure its different but i dont remember which one is better. I'm sure Asdioh or Gonzo could tell you tho

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
It's known. Angling Kirby's Forward Smash up does the most damage but least horizontal knockback. Angling his Forward Smash down does the least damage but the most horizontal knockback. So for damage building, use angled up, but for kills, use angled down.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's easier to do this in Brawl than Melee. In Melee you had to smash the control stick to the angle to make Kirby kick up, down or middle. In Brawl, you can hold the A button and tilt your control stick and you'll have the angle down and pack.

Equus

Smash Cadet
Sorry, its old news. Been in other smash brother games too. It's cool that you fount out on your own tho. But as far as ko power, im pretty sure its different but i dont remember which one is better. I'm sure Asdioh or Gonzo could tell you tho
No need to apologize. I wasn't really claiming to have discovered anything; I was just wondering since I couldn't find anything about it in the search.

Angling Kirby's Forward Smash up does the most damage but least horizontal knockback. Angling his Forward Smash down does the least damage but the most horizontal knockback. So for damage building, use angled up, but for kills, use angled down.
Thanks for the explaination. The kirby guide should make note of this, though.

Feel free to close the thread. ^_^

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
There's a video on youtube that shows the differences between Kirby's angling smashes. Up-Angling will send the opponent farther than Normal F-Smash because normal does 1% less damage. I don't really use Down-Angling since I'm always looking to do more damage: If you don't know the point when your DF-Smash will kill but your UF-Smash won't, just do the UF-Smash. But remember that Normal F-Smash also has a slightly greater range than either of them.

Dexlysic

Smash Rookie
You can also aim Ftilt, but it's nowhere near as useful.
Angled downward has a small chance to trip, angled up is better anti-air, but neutral has the best range.
It does the same damage each way, so I almost never intentionally aim it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
XD hi

I tested this out a little over a week or so ago to learn the damage percents

Unless I'm mistaken, Upwards angled fsmash does 16%, regular does 15%, and downwards does 14%.

Downwards is probably the best to KO with sends it sends them more horizontally and down than the others, and most characters have trouble recovering from that angle.

Like Ike and Link >_> just imagine them trying to recover from the bottom corner, as opposed to the middle-ish

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Also a down angled forward smash can hit someone off the ledge, and if you are above someone on a platform this will also hit some characters (DDD for sure).

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
I never knew there was a difference...that's interesting, I should try angling it more...

Top Bottom