• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angling boomerang

meepxzero

Smash Master
I have an extremely hard time angling the boomerang at 120 degrees... :dizzy: Its like between angling at 135 (perfect diagnal up) and 90 degrees (perfectly right or left). Anyone have any tips on how to angle at this degree :( ?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Holy flaghammer... Lemme see if I understand this correctly. So the line that you're basing this off of starts at Young Link's center and goes straight down, correct? Okay, so 90 degrees is straight ahead and 135 degrees is almost straight up. Sooo you're aiming for the mid-angle. Hmmm... Maybe someone else has better advice than me because all I can say is muscle memory. Just mess with it in training mode until you find the exact region to move the control stick.

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Wow. Math guy?

Ok, to angle the Boomerang, when he's in the throwing animation(the impossible body posistion) tilt the grey stick up or down or just to the side to make it go straight.

meepxzero

Smash Master
I think i got it now surprisingly ylink can angle his boomerangs like almost every degree in the 180 spectrum. :laugh: Sum people mite not find it useful, but its extremely useful for peaches that float cancel a lot and etc. You can do stuff like make the boomerang bounce off the ground in a V formation and hit the opponent how link can do it. If no one understands my math mobo jumbo just ignore this post :psycho: cuz it hurt my head thinking wat angle i wanted the boomerang thrown.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Can he really hit any angle he wants? It'd take some serious mad skillz to be able to angle it however you want.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Look at cavemans ylink. He basically does sum weird angles at times. I use to think the only angles were smashing up, left/right, or down. you can do semi up/right and do one even more narrow close to left/right but its still diagonal. I dont really touch the diagonal downs because you have to be really good to make them any useful =(. If you master the angles you can pretty much pick off anyone thats aerial at far distances.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I did know about the mid-angles. I just didn't know it was completely flexible. I use mid-angles all the time, but I thought there was a total of 5 angles.

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
I guess the mid angles tilt at the same degree as adult Link's tilted boomerang? As well as a few other ones? I should go try this.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
As far as I can tell, there are at least 7, possibly 8, different angles you can throw the boomerang at.

Btw, the boomerang return trick for bombs doesn't work... at least not on greatest hits edition.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
InterimOfZeal said:
Btw, the boomerang return trick for bombs doesn't work... at least not on greatest hits edition.
You mean for bomb-rolling? Did they really consider that a bug? Speaking of which, did you ever find the video for that?

Young Link bomb rolling

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I need to learn how to slightly angle my boomerang! I was hoping to find a thread with tips

Rick626

Smash Rookie
The main reason why Link could do it and its harder for Young link is that Ylink has more controll on where his goes where the V pattern is partly based on links boomerang limitations

Top Bottom