• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angled Fsmash

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I just started Angling my Fsmashes up and down to see if they did anything better than the neutral Fsmash. I honestly haven't noticed anything different. Has anyone else made any ground-breaking discoveries on the angles?

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Well i play luigi and when i do an up angled fsmash i know that I can get a star k.o at roughly 100% because the knockback is more verticle...i think thta marios may be similar

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The down angled smash can be used to knock people off of ledges who've stayed on to long, but I doubt anybody good would do that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually, if you angle your smash attacks up with the characters that can, you KO your opponent at slightly lower percentages. Other then that, no, there's really nothing ground breaking about it. This seems to work best for Luigi in case you were wondering. Ganondorf's is pretty good too.

boss8

Smash Hero
ok mindgames......u can agle your Fsmash down tilt...or u tilt........a marth wuz recovering he grabed the edge and i chatge my Fsmash...marth is thinking i cant get hit im on the edge....so i angle it down and it hits him and he's like WTF?!?!?! true story....but yea angled F-smash can be used as mindgames...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Actually I have intercepted so many aerial approaches with Up-angled F-smashes. It's wicked. And it's stronger than the side angle. And yeah, people don't actually expect it often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oa9TWDUrEk Watch 1:36 (side angled) and compare it to 1:39 (up angled). Sexy results. ^^

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
angled up. kills oponents at slightly lower percents and can end an Uair bind if the oponent is slightly higher than the Fsmash Hit box.

angled down. not much use. can hit oponents who stay on ledges. and before they grab the ledge. can hit ducking or laying oponents ( i think Fsmash can do this as well tho). its weaker than the Fsmash being angled up.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I just started Angling my Fsmashes up and down to see if they did anything better than the neutral Fsmash. I honestly haven't noticed anything different. Has anyone else made any ground-breaking discoveries on the angles?
COPYCATER!! :mad: :laugh:

Lol,I havent found anything ground breaking with them but I did find something that helps me out.Now no one harp on me if this been found out in Melee or whatever but about a 1 month ago or so,I found out you can change an charging smash's angle well,during the charge.I surprized a few hasty people who asume that they can jump in(they were thinking a FSmash charge was coming) only to get blasted in mid air.I also find it easier to angle my smash that way by breifly FSmash charging then altering it going from there.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Angled up does more dmg and has more knockback, and the difference inn knockback is definetely noticeable. You kill almost 30% earlier if you angle it up.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, Luigi's is broken. Kills ending lag.

Fsmash angled up has hitboxes close behind him strong enough to KO. Go figure.

Top Bottom