• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross for Brawl! Starfox needs a cool enemy

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Starfox needs his main villain. Andross should be in Brawl. Yes, he is the insane monkey who transformed himself into a giant head with two pretty giant hands. And yes he is also a massive cube. But of course that would just be silly to put those versions in. They need to make a model for the demented scientist he was before he experimented on himself. He would be a little taller then fox and have legs and a torso and all the other junk.

Andross's Moveset (Scientist version- average size)

http://public.fotki.com/jasonfest/drawing/photo#andross-1

The ape would wear a belt with gadgets, devices, and potions holstered and strapped on. He would have a leather vest with a V neck split to allow his furry chest hair to stick out. Also goggles would be mounted on his hair and he would have a black cloak. Andross would also have metal gloves with thrusters located on the palm. The thrusters would act kinda like jetpacks allowing Andross to jump high and float a little of the floor like Mewtwo. The thrusters would also allow him to propel his punches, making him stronger then he would be. He would be a floaty character unless you press down while he was in the air. Then the engines would shut off and the metal gloves would make him a fast faller.

Walk: His hands would be at his sides with the thrusters on. Blue fire would expel from his palms and he would slowly foot a few inches off the ground toward his oppenent.

Run: Andross holds his hands behind him and the thrusters shoot out longer flames propelling Andross forward at a high speed similar to Pichu's. Terrible at quick turns.

Running A: Andross would bring his hands forward to clap at the enemy. The movement of his thruster enabled gloves would make his jolt backwards a little distance as he clapped. Sends oppenent forward. Good for setting some distance between fighters.

A: Punch
AA: Punch and then extended palm
AAA: Punch, then extended palm, then another extended palm
AAAA:punch, one extended palm plant, then another, then the thrusters would turn on really quick propelling Andross backwards a few feet.

>A: Andross hovers with hands at the side and kicks at the oppenent

^A: Andross uppercuts, thruster turns on, and Andross lifts a foot higher off the floor before thruster snaps off and he descends back into hovering position, when the thruster turns back on.

Duck: Thrusters turn off and Andross crouches on the floor.
Down A: Thrusters turn on quickly, making Andross to a quick spin while crouching with one foot stuck out. Accelerated Sweep kick.

Forward Smash: Swings one arm around in a full circle with thruster on leaving a trail of fire. Metal fist crashes to the floor. If A is pressed again, his other glove thruster will turn on and repeat the pattern going forward.

Down Smash: Andross clasps his gloves together and hammerfists the ground making the floor ripple in a set circumference around him. Sends oppenents upwards. Some rocks and debris might pop up and hover a foot in the air for a few seconds after for effect only.

Up Smash: Andross Machine gun punches upward, juggiling the oppenent

Down B: Andross's cape whirls outward. Flat Metal rectangles come flying out from the background and form steps for Andross to walk on. Five blocks come out. Andross can walk back and forth or just one way or even diagnol. This could be used to make a cieling so oppenents can't jump upward to get back on stage. Andross falls afterwards and can't use moves until he hits the ground.

Forward B: Andross throws a Vortex Grenade from his belt. It explodes after seven seconds. Could be picked up and thrown by others. Only one Grenade could be on the floor at a time. When it explodes it makes a blackish blue sphere which sucks in anyone nearby including Andross. Radius like Kirby's except all the way around the sphere. Does damage and keeps person in place like Young Link's Up B spin. Good way to trap oppenents.

B: Andross extends both palms forward and a green grid shaped like a metal rectangle block shoots out. If B is pressed while the green grid is going forward it will solidify into a metal step rotating forward in the air. If it hits an oppenent it will smash and do damage to the enemy. If the oppenent has a high percentage it might carry the enemy with it for a few moments before cracking and exploding. Only one could be out at a time.

Up B: Andross does a backflip and disappears into a blue vortex. You could angle the direction of his reapperance like Zelda's Up B. Except it is about half as long.

Air Battle:

Nuetral A: Does a Midair flip similar to Captain Falcon's Up A. But much weaker.
Forward A: Midair slap with metal glove.
Backward A: Andross extends one arm backwards and his glove spews out a spout of fire to rack up damage on oppenent. Sends Andross forwards a little.
Down A: Does a split in the air with his legs and throws one heavy gloved hand downwards between open legs. Meteor Smash.
Up A: Andross reaches upward with a metal glove in a grabbing motion. If he hits an oppenent he throws them downward. Down throw is weak, oppenent goes underneath Andross setting him up for a down A move.

Andross Throws: Grabs oppenent with metal glove.
A: Burns oppenent with thrusters on glove.
Forward: Skids forward on feet briefly before swinging his arm in a full circle still clutching the enemy and finally releasing him forward in an arch. A little further then Mario's forward throw but due to arch harder to die from.
Backward: Quick throw backwards. Straight trajectory.
Downward: Throws oppenent to the ground and machine gun punches their body until they jolt upwards.
Upward: Andross teleports the oppenent a few feet above him. Oppenent disappears in a flash of blue and then a portal opens above Andross. At this point the oppenent could jump or attack once he or she exits telport.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Krystal and Wolf are the only characters from Star Fox that need to be in the game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wrong. Andross was the original villain. He needs to be represented. Krystal and Wolf haven't been in nearly as many games.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I know he's the original villain, but Wolf is Fox's rival and counts as a villain too. Plus, Wolf is one of the most popular suggestions.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wolf is just Andross's pawn. Anyways if Wolf is in the game then there will be three blaster wielding critters with probably similar moves. Andross adds variety.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So? Rather than having some sicentist monkey, rather have 20 "blaster wielding critters
" tha the monkey dude (AGAIN im ageeing with Marshigio, man this has been some week...)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Then I am glad you are not making the game. Otherwise there would be four characters and three clones of each of them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Andross could be a boss in Brawl, Im pretty sure that most of the people here rather have Wolf or Krystal as a newcomer...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Stryks said:
(AGAIN im ageeing with Marshigio, man this has been an awesome week...)
Fixed.

No, Wolf doesn't have to be a clone. They could give him his own moveset, same with Falco.

There are better characters to choose from than Andross, 2 of them being from the same franchise.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He could work as a character though. Wolf is lame, he is a stronger fox with a pirate patch. If they give him a completely diff moveset, then I would be happy. But it seems like he could be a psudeo-clone. Krystal would be a good choice. But I say put all the main villains first. Melee only had three, and the first smash brothers had none.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
No, you're all wrong, it goes Peppy> Krystal, Wolf> Andross. Peppy's kickass and would have a great taunt, but he has no chance, so lets just go with Krystal and/or Wolf.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
StarWolf even has the same appearance as Starfox. Andross has a different attitude, a different look, and definately a different fighting style. I don't know why people love the rivals that look exactly like the hero. Like Dark Samus. Or Dark Link. Or Shadow as a darker version of Sonic.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Peach looks like Zelda, are they clones? How about Jiggs and Kirby? And you're saying Wolf doesn't have a different personality than Fox?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Peach and Zelda are from different games. In fact so are kirby and jiggs. Wolf is a predictable villain of fox. I think rivals which are just the "evil, darker red eyed version" of the hero are lame. I don't mind if Wolf is in the game, and of course Krystal should be in the game. But there needs to be more villains first. Starfox wouldn't have adventures if it wasn't for Andross's onslaught of choas.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If you're going to give away part of the storyline of a game, use spoiler tags so you don't ruin it for people who haven't finished it.

+rep me for that, and look at my sig. btw, I find Andross to be a very attractive character

Iggy K

Smash Ace
If the game needs more villains, shouldn't we get villains from series that are underrepresented? Who says we needs lots of villains anyway?
I love your hot sig, Marshgio.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Every main franchise should have at least one villain. Mario, Peach, Luigi, and too some extent Yoshi get Bowser as their villain. Link and Zelda get Gannondorf and the pokemon get Mewtwo. Kirby gets Metaknight (even though I think the penguin would of been a better choice). Fox and Falco need a villain, so they should get the main villain, Andross.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Then they should add Wolf, who's more popular and better suited for Brawl. And Starfox doesn't sell to much for a "main" franchise anyway, Yoshi and Wario's games have both outsold Starfox (I'm probably wrong though, I got this info from Wikipedia).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Post a unique moveset for Wolf and maybe I will be persuaded. Otherwise I think a moneky scientist whose moves relay on setting up traps would add more flavor and fun then a stronger, slower fox.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Posted by Falco&Victory in the Wolf thread.

B-charge up rifle
Smash B-Like Falco and Fox's,but slower,stronger,and different animation
Recover B-Like Falco and Fox's,but stronger,and a little shorter than Fox's
A-a puch
Smash A-a strong Kick
Down A-breakdance spin(resembles Luigi's)
Light Up A-slashes air with bowey knife
Light down A-kicks at enemy feet
Crouch A-slashes at feet with a bowey knife
Up A-flip kicks into the air
Down B-a knife flourish that reflects projectile when timed right,and counters physicals
Dash-skids forrward and slash with knife
AIR
Backward A-Like Falco's
Down A-like Falco's but looks like Sheik's
Up A-flips and kicks 1
Forward A-Like Falco's but stronger
GRABS
Up-throws enemy in air and slashes with knife
Forward-puches enemy forward
Backward-puts enemy behind him then kicks
Down-throws enemy on ground then stomps them

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That is very similar to Fox and Falco. You just proved my point. Thank you.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
It was the only moveset I could find, but I'm sure he could have an original moveset, but I never played Starfox, except for a little bit of Aventures, so I can't say moves for him. I don't think the moveset is that similar anyway.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Iggy K said:
Starfox doesn't sell to much for a "main" franchise anyway, Yoshi and Wario's games have both outsold Starfox
Nah, I think that's right. Yoshi's Island on the SNES sold great, and so did Yoshi's Story and some of his other games.

Wario Ware is one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises as of right now.

btw, that moveset was only half-clone bowserlick,"Luigified" if you will, so that's pretty good.

Spoiler Tags are fun, and thanks for the sig compliment Iggy. My favorite one is the one all the way to the right, then again, that's the one that's moving the fastest and is the only real person.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yea I mentioned earlier that Wolf would be a psudeo clone or as you say "Luigified". But I am sure Falco will be Luigified too if he remains in. Andross would not be "Luigified." He would be his evil, tricky self.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Actually read the main post before typing one sentence. Andross could be in his form before he experimented on himself. That way he could function like the other characters.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He will still have the same face. His name will still be Andross. And anyways it would get him recognized just like the first smash did for Ness, and just like the second smash did for roy and marth over in the states.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The moveset that was posted about Wolf was so similar to Fox's and Falco's. Andross would be more creative, he would have a different fighting style. And he represents the main force behind the Fox games. You need him. Its not really Nintendo All stars without the mega villains. Unless a creative moveset for Wolf is posted, I would rather not have him in the next game. Unless of course he replaces Falco.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Andross was never "popular", Wolf is more recognizable, also he wouldnt be a fox clone cause there completely diferent in almost every way, wolf has the atitude, the fan base, the coolness and the fact that 95% of the guys in smashboards want him in brawl over a scientist, ugly, dum dead monkey.

Also General scales would be a better than Androsss, hell an aparoid would be better!!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just because Wolf might be slighty taller and has an eye patch does not make him different then fox when he is doing the same exact moves, but snarls while he does it to add "attitude". Andross has attitude. He is a deranged monkey that isolated himself on a barren planet to raise an unstoppable army. Not a wolf that just says dumb lines.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Wolf has a much much much much larger chance than Andross, Andross won't be in because as if the developers would be bothered to think of a new body for him and revive a dead character.

Top Bottom