• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Android 2.2 iPad Alternatives

RadiantBurrito

Smash Rookie

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wait until the Tegra 2 from NVidia. It'll run great hardward and use "Honeycomb." Eclair (2.1), FroYo (2.2), and Gingerbread (2.3) are all phone OSes, and not optimized for a larger screen. Honeycomb is the first.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I support Apple's decision to essentially ban Flash. It is a horrible technology. Frankly, these other devices supporting Flash makes them look worse to me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I support Apple's decision to essentially ban Flash. It is a horrible technology. Frankly, these other devices supporting Flash makes them look worse to me.
But why shouldn't they add support anyway? It's not like flash is going to be completely removed after some popular devices don't support it, and to be honest, it should be the user's choice anyway, not Apple's.

I'm waiting for the Tegra as well.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Apple is allowing Flash to live through certain other apps. I'm just saying I support the decision to keep Flash out of all the "core technology".

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Disallowing Flash is stupid as long as sites require it. It makes logical sense for Droid to do so.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Disallowing Flash is stupid as long as sites require it. It makes logical sense for Droid to do so.
Nah. Sites that "require" Flash are often junk anyway. Personally, I use Flashblock, and I don't visit those sites that run on 100% Flash. Apple has most of the Flash-dominant sites covered (with apps such as the YouTube viewer). Apple is not missing out on much by blocking Flash. From there, as HTML5 makes progress, Apple will add support for it! We will have all the benefits of media-filled sites without the bloat/crashes of Flash.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've actually removed Flash from my computer. The browser identifies itself as an iPad, so websites automatically deliver the HTML5 versions of content. If I really NEED flash, I have a keyboard shortcut to launch the current page in Chrome, which has a self contained Flash plugin.

Top Bottom