• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Olimar Blood Pact

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
*No blood necessary*

I just want to let everybody know that this is not binding in anyway, but rather a way to solidify that we were Olimar mains from the beginning and that we were not one of the many to jump on the future bandwagon of Olimar users. We will not ridicule anyone who is on the bandwagon or anything like that, but we will know who was more authentic to the character and his development as a great character.

Olimar has always been my favorite character, and next to Megaman and Nook, was the one character I wanted in over them all. I got him, and fell in love with his playstyle and how fluent and comfortable he feels when I use him. I made it a goal in my mind, way before Brawl came around, that if Olimar made the cut, I would main him, no matter what. He just made my life easier simply because he is just a powerful little sucker. XD

It won't take long before people realize how good Olimar really is and will proceed to use him frequently. I call it the Fox syndrome. Where a person doesen't even care about the character, just his moveset. Is it wrong to think that? No, you play who you want to, but I don't think it is really fair to cheat a character by not even liking who the character is, but rather just like his damage dealing skills.

If you are an Olimar fanboy, or just like what he brings to the table enough to main him and proceed to bring him to another level, sign your name here. I will edit you in when you do. Let it be known that we were the firsts, and that no matter what happens, that will never change. Also, feel free to give us your two cents on why you chose Olimar as your main and what it is you like about him as a character.

You are more than welcome to discuss certain techniques you have been thinking about as well. As Olimar mains, we have to stick together, just like Pikmin, (but with less, y'know, suicides.)

OLIMAR MAINS:
LavisFiend
Pesticide
Hashire Kazemeijin
Rin
TossThemPikmin
Asob4
DarkStraw
Psyflame
Diver
Gameboii
Mcnichoj
Dr.Bower
Yigguth
Awex
JoeySmash
Sudai
Shanus
TheLastHero
Kubba
Capt.Oli
Ultimatum479
Nash123
Malicechaos
Yokipi
COLDshiver
IllidR
Zori
Yakt-NJ
Slayeriku
domiNate
C4pt41n Ol1m4r
Kafke
Oliwonder
Br4n
Kira smogon
Gaver10
Deathnote
Banjolick
Me14k
Whs
Egaddmario
Kirby-oh
DrewMoney
Starzonege
Jiggabowski
Snake King 1
DoctorSlickk
gannondorf4ever
eaglith
wa-kingdom

pesticide

Smash Lord
first reply!

oli's been my main from the start (along with diddy)

i just like his range, strength, comboability, and difficulty to get used to (cuz u got to learn all the pikmin)

Rin

Smash Rookie
/sign
Just got brawl a few days ago and can't see myself maining anyone else.

TossThemPikmin

Smash Rookie
*uses blood to sign*
This is my first post on this forum, and I declare O&P to forever be my main.

When Pikmin came out along with the GC I fell in love with this game. Then Pikmin 2, now that he is here in brawl, HE SHALL PWN ALL. Long live O&P!

And I agree with Hashire, This char takes skill more than just rambo style to fight with <3

Diver

Smash Rookie
- sign ! -

Ever since I went to my friend's house and saw the cutscene that introduces Olimar/Captain Falcon in SSE, I knew I had to main him :D

But seriously though, I love the strategy involved with his pikmin [:

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the list?

He's very fun to play as, and very tricky for "those" to play against.
"Those" can be substituted with those generic people that make ignorant comments about Oli.

Dr.Bower

Smash Rookie
When I first heard about him, I didn't think I would like him at all. And I thought he would be clunky and just a character that would just be... Annoying to use.

The second time I used him, I instantly became infatiuated with his play style, rotating Pikmin, and just confusing my friends as they don't know what I'm going to do, or how they are getting attacked, and how they flew outta nowhere.

Plus, most of my friends still can't believe that the badass Ike or like Snake is getting killed by the guy from Pikmin.

So yeah, sign me up.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I was for Olimar long before he was revealed. In fact, I think I'm one of the first 10 members of the Pikmen. I actually played Pikmin 2 with a friend up until Brawl was released to make the wait easier
I love Pikmin <3

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
stick me on that list now.

I choose Olimar b/c i liked him as a character. he has a sense of desperation to him, so all of his matches have a purpose almost.

Sudai

Stuff here
*pricks his finger and signs in blood*

Lavis, we'll have to get together some time for Oli comparisons. Moving to Ruston in august for college and I probably wouldn't mind driving out to alexandria from there. ; ) Online is just way too crappy to truly compare Olis.

shanus

Smash Hero
<- olimar main

As a former melee competitive player I think there is no question that I definitely plan on mastering Olimar and ive already played him hardcore enough to think I have a solid olimar :-D

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely an Olimar guy, from start to finish, I've wanted to play as him since I got Pikmin xD

It was always going to be him. Or Ridley. ;P

:olimar:

Kubba

Smash Cadet
Olimar has been my third choice after Gengar and Black Knight

He's been so much fun to play as and i think he will be sticking as my main for good

Capt. Oli

Smash Cadet
i've decided to be an olimar main since he was announced on the dojo. even though i never played the pikmin games, he just seemed too cool and strategic.

Yokipi

Smash Cadet
I love Pikmin!

Although I can't say he'll be my only main, he'll definitely be one of two.

All hail Olimar!

COLDshiver

Smash Cadet
definitely an olimar main. Thought about using Oli and PT before Brawl came out, and then when Brawl came out it was clear that Oli and PT were perfect for me.

IllidR

Smash Champion
It might already be too late for this. The bandwagon has already driven by and picked up members ever since the first reviews of Olimar came out. So basically, if you truly were an Olimar fan just for who he is and not how well he played you probably joined the Pikmen before launch.

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
/signed

I knew I wanted to play Oli the day I saw the dojo update. I even went out and acquired Pikmin used at a gamestop just so I could play through again. He turned out to fit me very well and he's really comfortable to use even with a lot to think about.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
I remember as soon as Oli was announced I wanted to main him because I knew his playstyle would be so different than other characters. Once I found out he was amazing I decided I would have to go with someone else because I didn't want to main a popular character. After sucking terribly at this game with all characters and then playing Olimar and owning I decided to hell with it, I'll mess with this little guy some more. And here I am, am I maining him? I don't know. Am I a bandwagon fan? Possibly, but I really don't know. All I know is that I give props to anyone who chose him not for his amazingness and I wish you guys the best.

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie
sign me up

a couple of weeks before the game came out, i read in magazines and from people who played it that olimar was the hardest character to get used to, but when i first played him, he just clicked into my play style, and it felt great, that's why im maining olimar.

Capt. Oli

Smash Cadet
It might already be too late for this. The bandwagon has already driven by and picked up members ever since the first reviews of Olimar came out. So basically, if you truly were an Olimar fan just for who he is and not how well he played you probably joined the Pikmen before launch.
If you were a true Olimar fan, you would spell Pikmin correctly :ohwell:

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
*pricks his finger and signs in blood*

Lavis, we'll have to get together some time for Oli comparisons. Moving to Ruston in august for college and I probably wouldn't mind driving out to alexandria from there. ; ) Online is just way too crappy to truly compare Olis.
I can't even play online because of the fact I have satelite connection. It is what happens when you live out in the sticks. =P

but yeah, we will have too someday.

oliwonder

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7363-3324-0043
i decided to main olimar ever since sakurai unveiled him as a new character. I main him because he has the dopest games (both pikmin & pikmin 2), he gang bangs, and has the dopest nick name(oli). i've been on smashboards for a couple years and this will be my first official post. go oli!

Kira_smogon

Smash Rookie
Olimar was the first character I picked and the only one I use in wifi matches. I tried Diddy for one match and then went straight back to Olimar. I fell in love with his amazing range.

gaver10

Smash Rookie
*signs*
Oh wait, I didn't really need blood! CRAP. *cleans up messy keyboard*

Been looking forward to playing Olimar and he was the first charater I played as after the midnight lauch. Right now he seems like the underdog charater and it's alway's funny being pwned by the short wierdo guy. :D
+ his final smash pisses off everyone. (not being able to avoid it makes competitive people cry)

Top Bottom