• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An odd glitch I found with Sonic and Dedede.

ITSSTHEDARKSIDE

Smash Rookie
I don't have a working Camera or SD card so I'll just have to explain how to do this.

Now, get Sonic and Dedede and go to Battlefield. Make sure Sonic is on the way edge of the right side of Battlefield. Make sure King Dedede is right next to him (to Sonic's left). Now do Sonic's down throw. You'll see what happens.

Now what's even more odd about this glitch is that it doesn't work on the left side of Battlefield (unless I'm doing it wrong on that side) or Final Destination. It doesn't work on other characters I've tried so far.

Majiin

Smash Rookie
I don't have a working Camera or SD card so I'll just have to explain how to do this.

Now, get Sonic and Dedede and go to Battlefield. Make sure Sonic is on the way edge of the right side of Battlefield. Make sure King Dedede is right next to him (to Sonic's left). Now do Sonic's down throw. You'll see what happens.

Now what's even more odd about this glitch is that it doesn't work on the left side of Battlefield (unless I'm doing it wrong on that side) or Final Destination. It doesn't work on other characters I've tried so far.

That's so beast, now if only it worked on every stage on every side. lol Sonic's Dthrow is a spike!

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'll test this further when I get home. I experienced the same thing way back when I started maining him. Maybe this has something to do with the random pop-ups in the air with Sonic's dthrow on certain stages.

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
Nice. It does work, but your position has to be so precise that it leads me to believe this won't really be practical in a real match. It took me quite a few tries before I got it to work. You practically have to be standing on the last few pixels of the stage.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
This is interesting considering I usually only play my cousin who is a dedede player. The only thing is that..... its dedede, he can just jump back up unless you send him down fast enough or if you edgeguard him very well. And you also have to make sure you both are in the right positions.

This was a really nice find though, dont get me wrong

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Nice. It does work, but your position has to be so precise that it leads me to believe this won't really be practical in a real match. It took me quite a few tries before I got it to work. You practically have to be standing on the last few pixels of the stage.
*ANY* chance to input one move and get a KO is going to be relevant in competitive. I think my reasoning is clear.

Nice find.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
^Nah, he's just a nub that doesn't understand what that icon is :D

I think I'll add this to the glitch thread if I can get it to work.

Top Bottom