• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An item from Sonic?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
If items will be taken from third party games, the possibilities are numerous for sonic! Just imagine a random computer monitor dropping from the sky, and after you jump on it, you are given a special shield or somethingorother.

My personal choice would be a lightning shield, which would attract other players within a certain proximity towards you at a relatively fast rate.

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
Bubble shield. You can still attack normally but your Dair is now a bounce that spikes, and allows you to float in the water longer.

Masloff

Smash Rookie
I wonder what the Chaos Emerald(s) would do
(if they where in of corse)

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I could see it happen, hopefully some classic items like the TV boxes that you mentioned. They could bring back the shields, perhaps Flame shield where you can maybe absorb fire based attacks like Mario's fireball or Bowser's fire breath, or even the lava at Norfair. Same could be said for the Water bubble or Electric shield.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't expect there to be actual Items. I mean not all franchises in Melee got an Item right? (Mr. Game & Watch didn't have a usuable item from his franchise) But what the hey, maybe Brawl will be different. ATs are obvious. If any at all besides sheilds, I want: Rings (Take a hit, Knockback but no Damage increase), or Speed shoes (It would be like the bunny hood without the extra long jump).

SonicMario

Smash Master
But Chaos Emerald are already shown in Sonic's Final Smash. I really doubt it. I wonder when Sonic will become Super Sonic in the SE. because in the Sonic Joins the Brawl video. That COULDN'T have been Actual gameplay from that screenshot.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I don't expect there to be actual Items. I mean not all franchises in Melee got an Item right? (Mr. Game & Watch didn't have a usuable item from his franchise) But what the hey, maybe Brawl will be different. ATs are obvious. If any at all besides sheilds, I want: Rings (Take a hit, Knockback but no Damage increase), or Speed shoes (It would be like the bunny hood without the extra long jump).
Speed shoes could work, but it would be good if there were ring bombs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What's wrong with you people?!

The item should be the warp boxes from Sonic 2's 2-Player mode.

Pop one of them open, and everyone on the field gets their positions swapped.

Priceless.

finalark

SNORLAX

Priceless.
Sonic 2 had multi-player?

Anyway, I'm still hoping for the Chaos Emerald.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice

Priceless.
WARP BOXEZ FTW!!!!!!111!!!!1!1!1!!!!1!!ELEVEN!!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!2!!!!!!!

No wai....

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
It was better than Sonic 3's multiplayer. Even if the stage selection was small. Sonic 3's was just doing laps on a small course...

SonicMario

Smash Master
True. Very True. Especially going through VS Special Stage. You got to admit jumping in fornt of eachother to get the most rings is fun.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Sonic 3 should of done the same, racing in the actual stages was far better, especially if they did all of them, like Sonic rush.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I never thought of that, it would of been fun, better than the lap races that it had. It would of been good if the single player could turn to multiplayer, like a co-op mode. A second controller could control Tails, but it wasn't very good and should of been made better.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
^^It could work, but maybe if you get hit, all of the rings you collected will be lost and you will get back the damage you healed, and also the damage from the attack obviously. The rings will scatter like in the games.

Your damage meter will reset after you get hit, but the knockback from the attack is decreased depending on the rings you had. If you were on 150% but collected 100 rings, you would have 50%. But when you get attacked, you will lose those 100 rings and your damage meter will return to 150+the damage from the attack.

If not, perhaps rings could be used instead of coins (when you are on a Sonic stage) when you do a coin battle.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
The warp boxes are a cool idea! Especially as a character is flying off the screen and the positions are randomly swapped at the last second, landing another character to their death :p

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
how about 1 ring would decrease 1% off your next hit but there would always be a lot of rings and knockback will be unchanged

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
If items will be taken from third party games, the possibilities are numerous for sonic! Just imagine a random computer monitor dropping from the sky, and after you jump on it, you are given a special shield or somethingorother.

My personal choice would be a lightning shield, which would attract other players within a certain proximity towards you at a relatively fast rate.
i think the lightning shield would work better if it attracted items not people, and it would defend against one or two hits.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
i think the lightning shield would work better if it attracted items not people, and it would defend against one or two hits.
You could be right. I hadn't thought of an item to attract other items. But the idea makes sense, and it could even backfire- You could attract a moving bob omb, forcing you to out maneuver it all while you're fighting. A nice, balanced item.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Rings to replenish your damage meter. Some can be use as explosive bombs

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I hope in subspace, you get to destroy that machine that the animals pour out of after you beat eggman.

Yoshi/DarkPit Dude

Smash Rookie
Shields would be pretty cool! Maybe the lightning shield could bring nearby items to you? Cause it'd be pretty tight to grab a lightning shield which would bring a nearby beamsword to you then you charge up the beamsword to smash the player next to you.

test-object

Smash Cadet
I have an idea, but God forbid it if I'm right.
Rings in Knuckles Chaotix were used to hang to each other by a mystical force. So, Rings can be used as a team item. The team gets 2 rings, each for every team member.

For example: Player 1 takes a ring, and the Player 2 is automaticly supplied with the other ring. When Player 2 falls, he is still attached to Player 1 and automaticly flies back up to the platform next to him. You know, like an elastic.

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea, but God forbid it if I'm right.
Rings in Knuckles Chaotix were used to hang to each other by a mystical force. So, Rings can be used as a team item. The team gets 2 rings, each for every team member. .
yeah too bad knuckles chaotix was a massively unpopular game...if anything from the sonic series i think badniks would be tight to have as items running around. sort of like the red shell but more deadly...

super grounder for the win anyone?

tafutureboy

Smash Ace

Priceless.
that'd be cool.........and there was 2-player in sonic 2(my favorite game)

sonic130

Smash Cadet
There's already an item for sonic. It's the spring. It's not very good though, but personally, I would like any shield from one of the sonic games :)

Top Bottom